• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

TimTracker or JustinScarred

Dead2009

Because it's an observation. What you want to bet they will be there when when this mickey celebration starts? Then post a video lol. Pathetic!

A new hot dog? There.
A new shirt? There.
A new uniform? There.
Pathetic.
Those 3 things you mentioned are considered a big deal, especially by members of the forum. I guess they would be pathetic as well by contributing to the YouTubers success.

Mr Ferret 88

instagram mrferret888
Premium Member
Advertisement
I'm curious as to how people can find something pathetic if they don't watch it?
So they can have a sense of superiority. Quite sad really. If you don't like something far better to move on than make a semi- public mockery of it.

But to each their own.

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Because it's an observation. What you want to bet they will be there when when this mickey celebration starts? Then post a video lol. Pathetic!

A new hot dog? There.
A new shirt? There.
A new uniform? There.
Pathetic.
Doctor,

What's wrong?
This doesn't seem to be a very healthy emotional or mental state to call people you've had no direct interaction with pathetic. It just seems like an extremely negative and cynical outlook on life.

disney4life2008

Those 3 things you mentioned are considered a big deal, especially by members of the forum. I guess they would be pathetic as well by contributing to the YouTubers success.
Unfortunately we are the ones getting people paid on YouTube. But I choose not to support monetized videos sorry. Pathetic.

disney4life2008

Doctor,

What's wrong?
This doesn't seem to be a very healthy emotional or mental state to call people you've had no direct interaction with pathetic. It just seems like an extremely negative and cynical outlook on life.
I didn't say the individual was pathetic. I said making a living off a YouTube channel in this case Disney is in fact pathetic.

Dead2009

Unfortunately we are the ones getting people paid on YouTube. But I choose not to support monetized videos sorry. Pathetic.
So you choose not to support people making money on YouTube? That's.....I have no words. Ignorance is bliss.

I didn't say the individual was pathetic. I said making a living off a YouTube channel in this case Disney is in fact pathetic.
It's not affecting you in any way so why do you care so much? Nobody is telling you how you should make your money.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Calling Disney YouTubers pathetic is bad enough, but condemning everyone who tries to make money off YouTube is just ridiculous. I used to be a big fan of Mythbusters. When the original show went off the air Adam Savage created his own YouTube channel which I now really enjoy. Why should I enjoy and support his content any less just because he's presenting it on a different platform?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiDJtJKMICpb9B1qf7qjEOA

disney4life2008

So you choose not to support people making money on YouTube? That's.....I have no words. Ignorance is bliss.

It's not affecting you in any way so why do you care so much? Nobody is telling you how you should make your money.
Exactly. And yes it's pathetic. I'm not asking you to agree. It's a forum.

bhg469

Calling Disney YouTubers pathetic is bad enough, but condemning everyone who tries to make money off YouTube is just ridiculous. I used to be a big fan of Mythbusters. When the original show went off the air Adam Savage created his own YouTube channel which I now really enjoy. Why should I enjoy and support his content any less just because he's presenting it on a different platform?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiDJtJKMICpb9B1qf7qjEOA
There is a ton of great talent that has been born from youtube and a ton of talent that has embraced youtube, like Adam Savage. The daily vlogger stuff is just awful. just a bunch of HD footage with some scratchy record playing in the background.. The "experts" with the most viewers tend to be the most camera friendly. To give an example, one of my hobbies is woodworking, tons of great talent on youtube, but then you have the attractive blonde girl, using a miter saw on the floor leaning over the tool, hair draping onto the work, no safety glasses.... and shes also barefoot... their projects make ikea furniture look high end. Recently I had some health issues (type 2 diabetes and heart disease at 38) Less than a year after my diagnosis i have been doing a healthy ketogenic diet and it reversed my diabetes in 3 months (A1c was 10.1 went down to 5.2) Well the most popular "cooking" channel has some of the most terrible techniques in the kitchen i have ever seen, yet they have an extremely high selling cook book... Meanwhile the people that are professionals get a fraction of the viewership.

Tim and Justin are catering to their viewers... Will their careers go much longer? no... Youtube is changing as a platform and i welcome it. Better people and content will survive it. people like spoksmayne, who i used to think was kinda cool but he has turned into a drunken slob occasionally. Its not a good look... My issues with Tim are more with his wife... Interactions I have had with her online and observing her with others since, have proven shes as fake as anyone in hollywood. Definitely nice to people that can help her avoid going back to working in retail.. Quite honestly the way she acts towards people that disagree with her, she deserves to work the customer service counter at the worst walmart in the country.

mergatroid

Tim and Justin are catering to their viewers... Will their careers go much longer? no... Youtube is changing as a platform and i welcome it. Better people and content will survive it. people like spoksmayne, who i used to think was kinda cool but he has turned into a drunken slob occasionally. Its not a good look... My issues with Tim are more with his wife... Interactions I have had with her online and observing her with others since, have proven shes as fake as anyone in hollywood. Definitely nice to people that can help her avoid going back to working in retail.. Quite honestly the way she acts towards people that disagree with her, she deserves to work the customer service counter at the worst walmart in the country.
Could you please give examples? I'm not saying it's not true, but in the hundreds of hours of viewing she's always seemed genuine to me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is a ton of great talent that has been born from youtube and a ton of talent that has embraced youtube, like Adam Savage. The daily vlogger stuff is just awful. just a bunch of HD footage with some scratchy record playing in the background.. The "experts" with the most viewers tend to be the most camera friendly. To give an example, one of my hobbies is woodworking, tons of great talent on youtube, but then you have the attractive blonde girl, using a miter saw on the floor leaning over the tool, hair draping onto the work, no safety glasses.... and shes also barefoot... their projects make ikea furniture look high end. Recently I had some health issues (type 2 diabetes and heart disease at 38) Less than a year after my diagnosis i have been doing a healthy ketogenic diet and it reversed my diabetes in 3 months (A1c was 10.1 went down to 5.2) Well the most popular "cooking" channel has some of the most terrible techniques in the kitchen i have ever seen, yet they have an extremely high selling cook book... Meanwhile the people that are professionals get a fraction of the viewership.

Never really got into Tim and Justin. I have actually met Spoksmayne in person, he is a good guy, but I don't watch his channel a lot. My favorite is ResortTV1, especially their live streams. I actually hung out with them one night at MK and had a really good time.

mergatroid

Exactly. And yes it's pathetic. I'm not asking you to agree. It's a forum.
You do realise that the average 'man in the street' would consider you and I talking to strangers on an internet forum about people spending their time talking about Disney World on youtube pathetic also?

Tom Morrow

A new hot dog? There.
A new shirt? There.
A new uniform? There.
Pathetic.
Okay, I'm going to spell this out for you because I don't think you get it:

It isn't that Tim is actually excited to go see these mundane things, it's that he makes enough revenue from his channel that he needs to seek out content to film. Sometimes he is clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel but hey, if it still makes money, why not?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Could you please give examples? I'm not saying it's not true, but in the hundreds of hours of viewing she's always seemed genuine to me.
My only response to this would be: If I were going to monetize off YouTube, I would make sure the persona I was trying to present was consistent across all platforms.

EDIT: I’m not claiming anyone is duplicitous, two-faced, or what have you. If you skimmed through a person’s social media posts the past couple months, you may not find anything; but if you dig around, you’ll find the argument for not liking a YouTube personality has some merit.

P.S. I still enjoy the Trackers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom