• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

TimTracker or JustinScarred

Advertisement
I used to really love the Tim Tracker but the vlogs recently has changed for the worse. I feel like there’s wayyy too many theme park vids now and I can tell he’s reaching for things to do. The home vlogs don’t get nearly as many views as the theme park vids do and they now rely on YouTube as their main source of income.

In the past they went to the parks because they had a day off work and wanted to have fun. Now I feel like they’re forced to go the parks to get views.

Seabasealpha1

I’ve gotta go with Tim. I feel like if I want the everyday adult version of things without some kind of cutesy filter, he’s the way to go. I enjoy Justin’s stuff too...but the act gets to be a bit much after a while. I did almost run into Justin at Magic Kingdom once... He’s a lot taller than his videos would make you believe lol!

mergatroid

I used to really love the Tim Tracker but the vlogs recently has changed for the worse. I feel like there’s wayyy too many theme park vids now and I can tell he’s reaching for things to do. The home vlogs don’t get nearly as many views as the theme park vids do and they now rely on YouTube as their main source of income.

In the past they went to the parks because they had a day off work and wanted to have fun. Now I feel like they’re forced to go the parks to get views.
I've noticed this too. I do enjoy his videos though as you say, he's changed things up a bit recently. Mind you he does need to pay the mortgage on that new house he was showing off the other day.

I thought Tim had another main job and Jen just styed at home editing all his videos?

I've heard from several people that Tim left his day job to concentrate of his channel full time as he was making enough money from youtube now?
Fair play, when I start my Chanel, I'd love to be able to make Some cash from YouTube and reduce the hours at my normal job

Edit... completely take back what I just said. They are obviously struggling to find new things to record. A 21 minute video on what they are going to wear on their free cruise given by Disney.

I'd love to earn a little money from YouTube but I couldn't do it full time. I need a life away from Disney and a regular job lol

Last edited:

disneyflush

They have achieved the dream of many on here though. Quit work and have Disney underwrite their Disney 'trips'.

Content creation on the same thing all the time has to get tiresome though. Kind of traps you into a certain mentality when reviewing things.

DisneyJoe

Yeah...20+ minutes on what to wear on their free cruise is grasping. Shark jumped?
No, far from it! We've had phone calls with our travel agency clients go much longer than 20 minutes regarding what to pack and wear to WDW and DCL trips, and not just a single call, sometimes multiple calls and email conversations even after we give them a suggested packing list.

I've heard from several people that Tim left his day job to concentrate of his channel full time as he was making enough money from youtube now?
That's too bad. You want to keep your day job and your hobby separate if possible.

Because the danger is your hobby becomes a job and is no longer fun or an escape. You see alot of professional athletes who have lost the love for baseball, football, basektball because it's no longer fun for them but just a paycheck.

KBLovesDisney

That's too bad. You want to keep your day job and your hobby separate if possible.

Because the danger is your hobby becomes a job and is no longer fun or an escape. You see alot of professional athletes who have lost the love for baseball, football, basektball because it's no longer fun for them but just a paycheck.
I concur. People ask me a lot why I don't use my art talents for a job and I have to explain to them that it is a hobby, not something I want to get paid to do. Reason? Tried it before and absolutely hated it! I started losing a lot of my love for it because of how much I hated using my hobby as a job. But to each their own. Some people have come out on top with using their hobby as their main income, but that could never work for me definitely.

I love the Trackers. Lately, though they've been missing posting at least once a week. I worry that people will stop watching. I'm glad they're doing some home vlogs again. I was getting burnt out on the parks in Nov/Dec watching them.
I dont blame them though. Having to abruptly move to get away from their potentially dangerous neighbors is a time sucker. Selling and buying a house at the same time is a serious energy drain. For being public people, they probably wanted to hide the move as much as possible just in case their neighbors found them on youtube. You could tell from their house announcement video that they really didnt want to move.

ratherbeinwdw

I watched a video showing how much Utubers make according to Social Blade. It said that Tim and Jen are pulling in $20,000.00 a month. No wonder they both quit their jobs, bought a new car, bought a new house, tons of video equipment, and traveled to Cali, Japan and now are going on a cruise. I like Tim a lot, but that's a ridiculous amount of money for what they do. Of course, it's nothing like the big boys, like the guy interviewed on CNN who makes a minimum of $500,000.00 a month playing video games.
The way Utube works, even if they never made another video, they would still make tons of money as long as people are watching their old videos. Well, that's what Adam the Woo said on one of his videos about the money he makes.
I quit watching them regularly when Tim said that you don't need to watch the ads on his videos, then he starting putting the ones you have to watch on some of them. I don't know if he's still doing that as I know I wasn't the only person who was bothered by this.
I don't begrudge anyone making a nice living, but the amounts some of the Utubers make for what some of them do, is just nothing I can support with my views. That's just my opinion. I respect that others think it's great they make this much. I wish them nothing but good luck.

Top Bottom