Timing eating at Tiffins

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
My family is going to WDW the last week of January. My husband would really like to eat at Tiffins, but he also wants to see River of Light. We got a fastness for RoL and he found a reservation for Tiffins at 5:50. My concern is, is it possible to eat and enjoy Tiffins and still make it to RoL in time? The fast pass is listed as 6:35-7.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My family is going to WDW the last week of January. My husband would really like to eat at Tiffins, but he also wants to see River of Light. We got a fastness for RoL and he found a reservation for Tiffins at 5:50. My concern is, is it possible to eat and enjoy Tiffins and still make it to RoL in time? The fast pass is listed as 6:35-7.

Nope. Tiffins is a gourmet sit-down multiple-course high-class restaurant. Even if you all agreed to just order one course, you'll be cheating yourselves of the experience.

Options:
  • Give up the ADR and just have apps at Nomad, Tiffin's lounge. Get there earlier and take your time.
  • Go to https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder and use their service to find an earlier reservation. You'll be texted when they do and then you gotta scramble to make the ADR yourself (you can do it through the MDE app). This is a free service, but you got to register first (and decline paying for a subscription). However, if they do come through for you, consider paying for the subscription as a thank-you. I do because they found a lot of really convenient times for me.

jgj123

Tiffins is a dining experience that can easily take more then 1.5 hours. It's not to be rushed and they don't rush you, they make sure you have the time to enjoy your dining experience. It's well worth dining there.

Also, very few table service restaurants seat you at the scheduled reservation time - they tend to run late.

I'm not sure how many are in your party, but there seems to be availability prior to 5:50 almost every day at the end of January for parties of various sizes. Using MDE to check is just giving times grouped close to the time selected, so if you try 4:00 and then 5:00 or the half hour options, then you get different results despite MDE saying it's searching a time frame that includes those times. Also, call the Disney reservation number.

Last edited:

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks very much to you both! I had been searching for other times, but I was just reaching under "dinner." I searched by 4 pm and there are plenty of openings. Problem solved.

Jeremy Geertsema

There is a Rivers of Light Dining Package offered at Tiffins. It will free up one of your fastpasses, but you would probably have to schedule your meal to be more of a lunch. If you pick the most expensive options on the menu, you can come out ahead.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

I assume you are going on a night when Rivers of Light is at 7:15 and the park closes at 8 pm? If you don't mind a later reservation, one option might be to check to see if they have a reservation around 7:40 or later and go after Rivers of Light. My wife and I literally had the last reservation of the night when we went (5 minutes before the park closed) and had a wonderful experience. We never felt rushed, but as the restaurant was relatively empty, food was coming from the kitchen at a very reasonable speed and our waitress was able to spend a little more time at our table than we would typically experience at other restaurants.

ToTBellHop

This discussion coaxed me into booking Tiffins in a couple week's for my wife's birthday. Such an awesome restaurant. My favorite signature right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom