Pre-Trip An Ever-Changing, On-Again, Off-Again Trip Planning Extravaganza

As I type these words, I'm in disbelief.

Is this really happening?! On Monday, I was scraping the barrel desperately trying to get my Disney obsessed hands on a 3-day solo trip in January and planning imaginary trips for next year. But now, I'm planning a very real, 7 day trip to Disney for June 2018. Say what?!

So we're going back!

wdw2017056673719382_7958684948_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Here we are, me (Kaitlyn) and my boyfriend, Cody, at Magic Kindom this past February :inlove:

We've been to Disney World twice together. In January 2016 we went to Disney on our first vacation together to celebrate our 5th anniversary. And this past February, Cody's family took a very last minute weekend trip to WDW and they invited me along for the ride!

And now we're planning our third trip together! Here are the basics so:

WHEN: June 9-16, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans Riverside
WHY: Why not! Right?! I honestly don't know why Cody agreed to this trip but I didn't need to do any convincing and he didn't roll his eyes ONCE while talking about it. He was actually the one to suggest going in June(!) rather than pushing to wait a little longer or going somewhere else for our next vacation. He has previously told me that he wanted to visit some other places before returning to Disney, which totally makes sense. As much as I love Disney, I also want to see everything the world has to offer! But when he mentioned going to WDW in June, 7 months from now, I didn't question him. I did what any good Disney Addict would do - started researching and researching. Before I knew it I was calling the Disney Resort line!

So it's official!! We're going HOME!!!!

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
One of the reasons we're taking this trip in early June is to celebrate our birthdays, hence the title. Cody's birthday is in early May and mine is at the end of June. We figure this will be a good time to celebrate both of our birthdays and do something fun, maybe we'll sneak in something romantic too. From what I've seen of Riverside, the resort is fairly romantic itself. We are planning on spending more time at the resort than we have on our previous trips and I'm hoping to visit some other resorts as well. If anyone has suggestions of things for couples to do in the world, I would love to hear them!

This will be the longest trip we've taken together and I'm hoping that we (I) can slow down and really take the time to appreciate being in the world for a full week. Cody has given me a hard time on both of our previous trips because I obsessed over the daily schedule and didn't leave any time for spontaneity.

I don't really know what our plans will look like but I think we will end up doing a few more table service meals throughout the trip than we have in the past. We're probably going to try to get an ADR for California Grill one night, other than that I'm not really sure - I have a lot of menus to look at over the next month!

I am also going to try to take more photos on this trip. I have a DSLR camera that I've always brought with me but because I'm not super comfortable with the manual settings, I found myself leaving the camera in my bag and reaching for my phone instead. After seeing the photos @fractal and @sheriffwoody take in Disney, I've been inspired to learn to use my camera better in preparation for this trip.

And that's where this trip stands right now. I'll have a better idea of our plans in a month when our ADR window opens!

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
Congrats on having a trip in the works!! It'll be here so soon. Hope you get some awesome pictures :D Glad I could help inspire you!! haha
Thanks! We'll see if I have the patience to take some awesome pictures. Last time I tried to photography WDW with my real camera, I got kind of frustrated and gave up after the first day :bored: I'm planning to take time before the trip to practice and brush up on the settings so that I can avoid the frustrations and just get to the fun part of picture taking :D!

sheriffwoody

Thanks! We'll see if I have the patience to take some awesome pictures. Last time I tried to photography WDW with my real camera, I got kind of frustrated and gave up after the first day :bored: I'm planning to take time before the trip to practice and brush up on the settings so that I can avoid the frustrations and just get to the fun part of picture taking :D!
Yes it will definitely help if you're really familiar with your camera! You got this!!!

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
Well this trip just got a whole lot more celebratory.

We're engaged! :inlove::inlove:
IMG_20171119_133352_572.jpg

Right now we're thinking that the wedding will be in the spring or early summer of 2019. This trip will be a great way to spend some time away together before the real chaos of wedding planning starts.

I told Cody that he should "propose" again in front of the castle just for fun!

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!!!:joyfull:

Congrats!!! Now it isn't your 3rd trip together. It is you first trip together as an engaged couple. You only get one of those!!! :) :)

Ahh! Congrats :D

Congratulations!!
Thank you so much everyone! I'm on cloud 9 :D I can't wait to celebrate at Disney World, now we will most definitely be finding ways to make this trip more romantic :inlove:

Congrats! :inlove: Early summer 2019 weddings are the best weddings. ;) Celebrating our engagement at Disney couldn't have been any more magical!
Is that when you are planning your big day for too?!?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom