Time Racers and WOL pavilion

everest-dude

Original Poster
tell me if anyone agrees or disagrees with me... do any of yall think that time racers (which to me is a cool idea as long as it doesnt ruin sse) could still be on the board for disney... and that it could maybe be put in the now defunk WOL pavillion (or they could tear it down and build a new buliding for it in that space)... it seems to me almost a waist to have such a large building and nothing in it... do you think this has even crossed WDI's mind? and do you think this could be a good idea? and maybe even a REAL coaster about the body... not something like body wars!

lazyboy97o

Why would you want almost an entire side of Future World to be thrill rides? You need balance and what you propose would just segregate Future World.

everest-dude

Original Poster
Why would you want almost an entire side of Future World to be thrill rides? You need balance and what you propose would just segregate Future World.

the side opposite has no thrills (unless you consider Soarin' a thrill ride) and you still have Ellens energy adventure so FW is mostly non thrills... this could also bring Epcot and WDW more people that skip Epcot because it isnt enough of a thrill park... it gives u a new thrill with out losing a classic ride

Admiral01

Premium Member
the side opposite has no thrills (unless you consider Soarin' a thrill ride) and you still have Ellens energy adventure so FW is mostly non thrills... this could also bring Epcot and WDW more people that skip Epcot because it isnt enough of a thrill park... it gives u a new thrill with out losing a classic ride

I would skip EPCOT if it became TOO much of a thrill park. EPCOT was never meant to be a thrill park. As someone else said, if you want roller coasters, go to Six Flags. EPCOT is unique and has a charm that doesn't need to be infiltrated by mindless thrills. Besides, I am not quite sure what classic ride we are talking about here...

kingslyZISSOU

Honestly, I really don't think Time Racers was actually considered... or even thought up by WDI. The whole idea behind it was a way to transform sse into a thrill ride... so the whole theme only existed because the sets and AAs were there.
Building it in another location doesn't really make sense... especially if there's another ride based on traveling through history only steps away.

It's going to be a very long time before something is built in the wol location, if ever.

My Prediction: A pharmaceutical company will eventually step up and sponsor a new medical themed pavilion. It's too big of an industry to not have a giant corporation wanting to promote their brand. It's a perfect fit for epcot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Im sorry but wouldn't that go in the Test Track pavilion?
?? Test Track already has..... Test Track.

We have an 80,000sq ft geodisic dome sat empty most of the time. Something that used to part of the admission cost, something onstage.

Much like Odyssey and the Imageworks, a shrine to when the park had more capacity for less guest dollar.

floridabill

I would skip EPCOT if it became TOO much of a thrill park. EPCOT was never meant to be a thrill park. As someone else said, if you want roller coasters, go to Six Flags. EPCOT is unique and has a charm that doesn't need to be infiltrated by mindless thrills. Besides, I am not quite sure what classic ride we are talking about here...

AGREED!! I love Epcot!!! and the fact that it is so unique! Epcot I thought has gotten better with attendance over the years. And with hosting events like the flower fest and food and wine festival, they bring people in. Epcot does't need to be packed with coaster junkies! 1 or 2 here and there is cool but we don't need Epcot to be a trashy coaster kingdom.

everest-dude

Original Poster
it sounds cool to me because its a history ride... i'm a history junkie... and the thought of making history thrilling sounds amazing to me

DisneyMusician2

I really think finding someone to open a Wonders-of-Life-like pavilion would be the way to go. The idea of health and the body should still be integral to Epcot, and would really allow for some cool new attractions if the engineer it right.

kingdaniel97

I just can't see WoL being brought back for this, there's a history themed ride in the park and with a nice refurb to the theming(carnival has to go, it'd be the(old) Paradise Pier of EPCOT) WoL could stand on it's own. They just need some fresh new ideas for the space because as cool as Body Wars and Cranium Command were, most of the rest of the attractions were garbage. That's just my opinion though. A health and fitness area could be a really good idea though.

hpyhnt 1000

A paivilon on healthy living and life in general really should be in Epcot. I don't really want to see WoL reopen in its 1980s form, but I would like to see the pavilion space opened once again keeping its focus on life and the human body.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom