Time off as a DCP?

alexas621

Original Poster
I have applied for the Disney college program... this is my second time applying. My father and I had booked a trip to Ireland and Scotland for a week in October, and it is not refundable...If I were to get accepted into the program, would I be able to take a week off, or would that not be allowed?

AVGuy

You would have to work with leadership in your area once you got here. Generally speaking, leadership is understanding and will work with you. Just, please, if you have any aspirations of a future with Disney, do not call out for this. I think it'll work out for you as long as you communicate early on after you get started.

I should mention, I've never been through DCP but I've seen full and part time cast members with similar situations and I haven't seen anyone be denied time off for a trip/vacation planned before they started with the company.

alexas621

Original Poster
You would have to work with leadership in your area once you got here. Generally speaking, leadership is understanding and will work with you. Just, please, if you have any aspirations of a future with Disney, do not call out for this. I think it'll work out for you as long as you communicate early on after you get started.

I should mention, I've never been through DCP but I've seen full and part time cast members with similar situations and I haven't seen anyone be denied time off for a trip/vacation planned before they started with the company.

Thank you! I am going to school right now for Hospitality and Tourism Management, so I have high hopes of working for Disney in the future. So, if I do happen to get accepted for DCP I will just have to hope for the best that I am allowed the time off.

faesolo

Mention it in your interview! When I got hired (not for DCO) they asked me if I had any prepaid vacations coming up in the next 6 months. If you tell them, they’ll be sure to notate it.

macefamily

My daughter was excused early from the program last year so she could complete her graduate applications. She had a good leader. Her boyfriend was also allowed an early dismissal at the same time for the same reason. He had good leaders too. My daughter, her boyfriend, my son, and two of their friends all just applied and were accepted into the DCP for this fall. Be upfront and honest with your leaders and get to work on time. We'll be visiting them a few times as soon as they get a few weeks into the program. Nice perks for tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom