Time Keeper Reopening Same Day As Cop

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Breaking news I just heard from a CM friend and this what they told me.

Please remind our Guests to enjoy the following Magic Kingdom attractions during this holiday season:
•Country Bear Christmas Special at the Country Bear Jamboree
•Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (beginning December 23)
•The Timekeeper (beginning December 23)

TIME KEEPERS OMG

orlpassholder

Original Poster
this came from a good friend via email what I posted is all they had.. They sent this to me since I had asked earlier this week about COP reopening if they knew anything about it

Sean23

I was at the MK yesterday and both COP and Timekeeper were open they were not on the park maps or the attraction board on Main Street that list the wait times.

Sean23

I posted a few pictures from yesterday on the photos board. The crowds were not as bad as I thought they would, COP seems the same as always and it did not break down when I was on it.

NowInc

I personally havnt been in the MK recently (holidays...ewww)

But..a fwe of my friends have and said that CoPs lines were non-impressive and will probobly seal its fate by the end of 2002. I dont think that most people realized how much it is on thin ice...

Sean23

Timekeeper and COP was listed on the park map yesterday. 10 - 6 for Timekeeper and 10- 5 for COP, except on the 31st the Timekeeper was listed as 9 -4.

NowInc

I am almost postivie they will make you exit and re=enter due to the fact that they have to count exactly how many people they let into the show each time.

Pan

I wonder if CoP does close down whether Disney would keep the basic mechanism of the attraction with the rotating seats but reincarnate it with an updated or even new show. They have a similar attraction at Disneyland but it's called America Sings, and I've always found it more entertaining than the CoP show(sorry Grizzlyhall).

What do you CoP fanatics think of this thought? Would it be a reasonable compromise or would it be completely sacreligious?

By the way, is America Sings still there at Disneyland? Come to think of it, I didn't notice it when I was there last Jan.
:)

Pan

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Pan said: "...and I've always found it more entertaining than the CoP show(sorry Grizzlyhall)."

No need to apologize! I love the America Sings attraction, though I believe that Walt Disney's classic should be preserved. I don't think the current company can pull off a show as classic as either of these. I hope they do, though if they do close Carousel...:(

"By the way, is America Sings still there at Disneyland?"

America Sings has been closed since the early-mid Eighties. It was replaced by Innoventions.
Iguess I'm dating myself a bit. Any idea why America Sings was closed? I always thought it was a pretty popular attraction.

NowInc

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

Guess you're right...I'll have to RUN! And my family will count for 3 every time...hahaha! :lol:

LoL...yeah...it sucks..but at least theres a reason for it. Its not like the TTA where you can sit and ride it over and over and over....

Pan

Originally posted by DogsRule!
What was America Sings? Never heard of it...
It had the same concept as CoP with the seats rotating around the stage. It was sort of like the Country Bear Jamboree. Each room would have animatronic characters singing songs from different eras of music. It was actually a pretty humorous and entertaining show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom