• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Time between moves

dolewhip&turkeyleg

Original Poster
Hi all...we are closing on a house in June (not in FL) and we likely won’t be able to get in to our new home (also not in FL) for 2 or 3 weeks. So we were thinking of hitting Disney again as a stop gap between homes. I can work remotely and the kids will be out of school.

We are looking for a place to stay as close WDW property as possible for 2 or 3 week rental.

Any thoughts? We normally stay at a Disney resort when we vacation at Disney (Contemporary) but that would be WAY to expensive for 2 or 3 weeks.

Any advise or direction would be great. Thanks!

Kevin

Nemo14

Advertisement
Check with VRBO for vacation rentals. There are a lot of reasonable rentals in the Kissimmee/ Davenport area.

dolewhip&turkeyleg

Original Poster
Thanks. I had thought of that but wasn’t sure if VRBO is a hit or miss. I’ve never used that service before so I was a little skeptical. No one wants to get bamboozled especially in a high vacation spot like Orlando area. Have you use VRBO for around Disney?

Nemo14

Thanks. I had thought of that but wasn’t sure if VRBO is a hit or miss. I’ve never used that service before so I was a little skeptical. No one wants to get bamboozled especially in a high vacation spot like Orlando area. Have you use VRBO for around Disney?
I've used them several times with no issues at all. I've been dealing with http://uniquefloridaorlando.com/ for the past few years and I like them very much too. Good luck in your search. There are lots of choices out there.

Just a heads up too - many places offer a substantially lower monthly rate than their nightly or weekly rates, so you might want to consider that in your search.

dolewhip&turkeyleg

Original Poster
Just to follow up on this, has anyone had an experience in creating a last minute Disney trip? As in, 3 weeks last minute? While I realize things are pretty much booked up, I wasn’t sure if last minute style could take advantage of cancellations, etc.

slappy magoo

Not to be all nosy but what is your budget like? Because you can get suites in chain resorts like Sheraton/Starwood for under $200 a night. There's also the possibility of an airbnb rental which would be significntly cheaper.

And if you don't need the space of a suite for that time, the Best Western in Disney Springs has rates starting at $94/night according to priceline. And that would give you access to extra magic hours. I also don't know if you have more than 2 kids and therefore might need 2 rooms or definitely need a suite.

dolewhip&turkeyleg

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. We thought about the Starwood props. Didn't know about the BW in DS. In the past we've stayed at Contemporary but that doesn't fit a quick impromptu trip. Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom