Tim Conway has passed away today. More than a Disney legend, a comedy legend.

prberk

Original Poster
Tim Conway has passed away at 85 today, according to People Magazine and other sources:

https://people.com/tv/tim-conway-dies/

Of course he was in some live action Disney classics having fun with Don Knotts and others in such films as "The Apple Dumpling Gang" and "Hot Lead and Cold Feet," but he will be most fondly remembered for his skits as part of the great company of comedians who made up "The Carol Burnett Show."

He was hilarious on that show as Mr. Tudball, to Carol's Mrs. Wiggins (his receptionist). I will always remember him attempting to call her on the intercom.

And many people's favorite skit was the dentist scene, where he accidentally injects himself with the needle, numbing his arms.

And of course there is the famous out-take of the "Family" skit where he went off script about Siamese elephants.

And that was really the best thing about his work, especially with Harvey Korman. He thrilled in going off script and challenging the others not to laugh.

What a wonderful, fun soul. A blessing.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Aww, loved him! He was in a movie with Don Knotts also, called Private Eyes, I think. It was made at the Biltmore House early 80s and everyone there said he was such a sweet person. RIP.

mf1972

Aww, loved him! He was in a movie with Don Knotts also, called Private Eyes, I think. It was made at the Biltmore House early 80s and everyone there said he was such a sweet person. RIP.
loved watching the private eyes when i was a kid. i remember watching him on carol burnett & other shows & movies.
i read a few months ago about him battling dementia, but still sad to hear the news of his passing. R.I.P. Mr Conway. thanks for the memories.

Last edited:

Janir

Apple Dumpling Gang... Now that's some Disney movies I need to see again. Loved them as a kid. Hopfully Disney+ will have them.

DisneyGigi

loved watching the private eyes when i was a kid. i remember watching him ally growing up on carol burnett & other shows & movies.
i read a few months ago about him battling dementia, but still sad to hear the news of his passing. R.I.P. Mr Conway. thanks for the memories.
My aunt took me to see it when I was little. My husband and I did a Behind the Scenes tour at Biltmore House and they took you into all these rooms some were where the movie was filmed like the hidden doors and things it was neat. Love Carol Burnett show too.

prberk

Original Poster
Apple Dumpling Gang... Now that's some Disney movies I need to see again. Loved them as a kid. Hopfully Disney+ will have them.
There was a "special edition" DVD that had great interviews with the young cast (today all grown up) telling about working with him. They loved him. Movies Anywhere or iTunes may have it out there with the extra features to see. Or you may just find it at a library.

mf1972

too bad they don’t make shows like burnett anymore. part of the fun was watching everyone trying to keep a straight face. now i sound like my dad 🤪

I first saw him in the 50’s on a show called McHale’s Navy. He played a junior officer in a PT boat squadron, and he had most of the good lines.

Example: the squadron is trying to look heroic for a visiting dignitary, and discuss ways of engaging the enemy at low risk. They run out of possibilities as they mention enemy units that have withdrawn until Conway’s junior officer concludes “That’s war, a shortage of everything.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom