Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

flyerjab

The list of stuff happening at DAK just keeps growing. This is crazy. It is a good thing though. I always felt that this park needed more food locations, QS and TS.

I wonder what the theming will be. It is easy to theme things in Africa or Asia but considering this location I will be interested to see what becomes of this expansion/addition.

I'm still thinking that this will be my favorite Orlando park come 2017.

Sage of Time

I just wish Disney would do all these things in congress, like they did for DCA. I want that sort of buzz for the park- transparent talk about the updates they are making, the progress that's coming, and just more information on the project at hand.

Keeping this quiet is a disservice to the park.

jcldtrek

I like this park alot and glad to see all the different things their doing to improve it even more. I can't wait for all the new things coming.

twebber55

I just wish Disney would do all these things in congress, like they did for DCA. I want that sort of buzz for the park- transparent talk about the updates they are making, the progress that's coming, and just more information on the project at hand.

Keeping this quiet is a disservice to the park.
I wasn't around here for DCA....was Disney pretty vocal in regards to construction for that?

belledream

How exciting! Was beginning to muse about our ADRs next fall and definitely didn't have anything at AK strike my fancy. Looking forward to more info!

mm121

The Facebook post title cut off after "Disney's". My hopes got all up thinking it was going to be a destination dining location on Discovery Island in Bay Lake. Way to show my age, right? :oops:

Discovery Island definitely is due for a makeover.

how big is it? could it be turned into a restaurant, spa, maybe an adults only pool.

if discovery island isn't big enough, maybe river country could be made over into the spa, pool complex,

then use discovery island for something else, like you said a destination restaurant, or ideally something more interesting like what was there previously. as there are only so many ways to make a restaurant unique

kind of like the adults only areas they have on the cruise ships

Next Big Thing

Discovery Island definitely is due for a makeover.

how big is it? could it be turned into a restaurant, spa, maybe an adults only pool.

if discovery island isn't big enough, maybe river country could be made over into the spa, pool complex,

then use discovery island for something else, like you said a destination restaurant, or ideally something more interesting like what was there previously. as there are only so many ways to make a restaurant unique

kind of like the adults only areas they have on the cruise ships
Doing ANYTHING on that Island would take a ton of work as right now, nature has taken over. All sorts of wildlife have made their home there and it would be a lengthy process to try and remove all of it. I highly doubt they will ever do anything there again. They have too many other land choices that will be a lot cheaper.

mm121

Doing ANYTHING on that Island would take a ton of work as right now, nature has taken over. All sorts of wildlife have made their home there and it would be a lengthy process to try and remove all of it. I highly doubt they will ever do anything there again. They have too many other land choices that will be a lot cheaper.

also access is an issue in using Discovery Island for anything that they would want to be a commercial venture,

and we all know disney doesn't do anything unless its revenue generating. which is probably why discovery was closed to begin with

They could use DI as part of a redevelopment of RC, that would solve some of the access issues, though I still doubt they'd build a restaurant or something high capacity that could catch fire there, as RCID doesn't have any fire boats.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I wasn't around here for DCA....was Disney pretty vocal in regards to construction for that?
They had a big announcement about the general concept of rebuilding much of the park including some major goals of the project (Mickey's Fun Wheel, The Little Mermaid, Cars Land, Buena Vista Street) in 2007 as work was about to begin. This was the sort of very forward looking presentation with big promises not seen since the Disney Decade announcements. Pressure from the City of Anaheim was a sizable factor as some council members were supportive of some proposed zoning changes to allow residences within the Anaheim Resort District. There was displeasure with Disney, who concocted the resort district idea, over the failure of Disney's California Adventure and lack of serious interest in fixing the park, and thus deliver on promised tax revenues. Due to the housing bust the project probably never would have happened, and without that pressure from the City I do not think they would have announced and gone through with as much as they did. Addressing the issues at Disney's Animal Kingdom seem to stem more from keeping Cameron around and therefore there is no incentive to publicly commit to anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom