Tickets now available for the 2014 Night of Joy at the Magic Kingdom

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
eh - nothing I'd pay extra to see. We have a LifeLight concert here every year (that's free) and I've gotten to see Skillet 2x for free now. I would like to see Matthew West someday though!

prberk

eh - nothing I'd pay extra to see. We have a LifeLight concert here every year (that's free) and I've gotten to see Skillet 2x for free now. I would like to see Matthew West someday though!

I got to go in 2012 for the first time, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had heard for so many years from the folks here about the unruly teenagers and problems on the rides (which I am sure may still have happened -- primarily youth group kids who came for the wrong reasons); but I found most people enjoyable and in a good mood.

The main thing that struck me was the total transformation that occurred. Unlike Kings Fest at Kings Dominion, near me, it was not simply a concert in a venue or two at a theme park. The park itself actually transformed. Christian contemporary music was played throughout the park, like a radio station with a DJ, even on the monorail station at MK. Main Street, USA, suddenly had a different, cosmopolitan feel, and Tomorrowland almost felt like a beach amusement park. The big acts played the castle stage, and the less popular acts played the Galaxy in Tomorrowland, all open to everyone.

It was fun for something different.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I went last year and it was so much more amazing that I thought it would be!!!! It's basically a very cheap two day park ticket for us! We just went for the rides but loved the music playing throughout the park. The crowds weren't bad. Nobody was in line for anything except the very popular attractions (the mountains, haunted mansion, ect.) I swear if you want a really cheap 2 day park ticket this is the way to go. You get in a little late but heck, it's open till after midnight anyways. Plus most of the people really are going just for the music. It was so awesome and fun! :D and i didn't see any problems with "unruly" teens.

MaxsDad

He played last year on one of the smaller stages. We went to see him instead of the headliner on the castle stage. It was fantastic! By the end of the night, he announced that the organizers had let him know that he would be at the castle next year. He was pumped. Yes, go see him if you get the chance.

MaxsDad

I just went to the official site and clicked through to purchasing tickets. It appears there is a misprint in the press release from Disney Parks. The two night ticket is $108 for both nights, not "per night" as printed. I was a bit shocked when I first read it, as 2 night tickets have been 90 something for the last few years. To go up to 216 would be quite a hike, even by WDW standards!

Last edited:

Nick Wilde

I have a few questions about NOJ this year. Will you be able to get FastPass+ during the night?
Will all the attractions be open? Will SOTMK be operational? If you know the answer, PLEASE RESPOND. I'd really like to know this.

cheezbat

So ed. My boss wouldn't tell me until today if I could get off in time to go...and sure enough as soon as he does, I go to buy the tickets...SOLD OUT. When's the last time that happened?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, thank you. Does anyone know whether SOTMK will be operational? It didn't work last year at one station, but I didn't check any others. Anyone who has information on this please respond.
No it closes at 6pm today and tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom