Rumor Ticketed Holiday Event

Nland316

Original Poster
Saw on the other site that this may be the year we get a ticketed event for the holiday season. I know it’s been rumored in the past, but it would be rather unfortunate if it finally did happen our first holiday season back.

Especially given how old the DL Christmas entertainment is.

mikenatcity1

I'll believe in holiday upcharges when they happen and not before.

I guess I could see the company being greedy enough to push it through, but if true, sheesh, Disney, READ THE ROOM.

This is NOT the year.
If they read the room, it could be- people went nuts for Ooogie Boogie, including for the extended days. Guests are clinging to anything extra Disney throws at them and will spend the money....just not on front gate tickets :)

Stevek

I have zero doubts this will happen eventually as we have discussed for a while. This year would probably be poor optics but not sure Disney cares...they need to start making money back now.

Animaniac93-98

Maybe they'll just do Oggie Boggie Bash in November and December and say it works because it's based on the Nightmare Before Christmas?

Stevek

I wouldn’t be one extra penny to watch Believe and Christmas Fantasy.
Agreed. We also did the WDW party once because we were there and wanted the extra Christmas experience. We will be back there this year in December, will not be doing it again. That being said, Disney has trained Florida folks to pay extra for these events over the past decade plus and I'm guessing they'll do the same here.

waltography

The only way they could justify a ticketed event is if they have a completely new parade and fireworks show. Anything less is a pure cash grab.

PiratesMansion

If they read the room, it could be- people went nuts for Ooogie Boogie, including for the extended days. Guests are clinging to anything extra Disney throws at them and will spend the money....just not on front gate tickets :)
I suppose they COULD read it that way, but the reality is this: people crave normalcy right now. Some people have, clearly, developed a tradition of doing DLR's Halloween event, and, as is often the case this year, people are spending hugely after being shut out last year.

HOWEVER, it would be huge a slap in the face to newly put Christmas, a holiday more people care about than Halloween, behind a paywall right now, since people had no opportunity to experience it at Disneyland last year.

And also, all their Christmas entertainment is super old. If they're going to do it, the least they should do is upgrade the offerings.

CaptinEO

HOWEVER, it would be a huge CASH COW to newly put Christmas, a holiday more people care about than Halloween, behind a paywall right now, since people had no opportunity to experience it at Disneyland last year.

And also, all their Christmas entertainment is super old. If they're going to do it, the least they should do is upgrade the offerings.

Last edited:

mikenatcity1

I have zero doubts this will happen eventually as we have discussed for a while. This year would probably be poor optics but not sure Disney cares...they need to start making money back now.
Why would this year be bad? As much as we would love to say otherwise, we know people would throw their money at it- if CA residents don't, people will come in for that. I hate to think I wouldn't be able to watch the fireworks or parade without a ticket, but I wouldn't put it past Disney to do this now...2021 is the year of resetting the standard- anything is possible.

TP2000

Saw on the other site that this may be the year we get a ticketed event for the holiday season. I know it’s been rumored in the past, but it would be rather unfortunate if it finally did happen our first holiday season back.

Especially given how old the DL Christmas entertainment is.

This was the plan for Christmas 2020. Except Covid put an end to that, obviously.

It would be no surprise if they attempt it for Christmas 2021. They're already a year late. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom