Ticket buying question

COrunner

I'll start by saying hindsight is 20/20. Even before we went on our trip in January word was spreading that Non-expire tickets were going away and we should have bit the bullet and bought a block of days... Which we didn't.

Now with deciding to go back in Sept/Oct for a super short just us trip we were looking over ticket options through WDW and Undercover Tourist trying to figure out how/when we should buy our tickets.

Option 1: Go through WDW as we always have. Buy 3 day PH's
Option 2: Go through UCT, 4 day trip with only 2 full days but they have the buy a 3 day get a 4th free.
Option 3: ???
Option 4: Profit

Sorry for the South Park joke, but does anyone have any other good ideas for ticket buying? I thought about ebay and someone trying to unload some non-expire tickets but that just feels like the shady gray market resellers you read about and the outcome rarely is good.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That was my thought, too. If you plan to visit at least two times in a 12 month period, then I would consider an annual pass. And others, please correct me if I'm wrong, but once a ticket is used, even if it was the old non-expire tickets, you cannot transfer it. Says so on the back of the ticket. And now that Disney has implemented its biometric scan policy (if your finger doesn't work on the scanner after so many attempts, a CM will either take a picture of you to add to your record and if you don't want the picture, you will have to visit GS anytime your finger scan won't read), I think it will be nearly impossible for folks to sell their unused portion of their tickets on ebay.

Upvote 0

COrunner

Original Poster
We did, but this is the first time in my life that we have ever gone more than once in a year. Usually it is every other year or every two years but with our daughter we figured it would be better to go back than go visit friends in Texas or Hilton Head.

I think the best/above board thing we will do is the Undercover Tourist, it's a minor discount and we get a free day so even if we do the rope drop on our way to the airport or catch the fireworks at epcot our first night it will be worth it!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If you ever decide on purchasing an annual pass and you are an AAA member, I understand they offer discounts on both tickets and passes, I believe.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom