Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock... Hurry up clock... I'm about ready to POP!!!

Okay, Okay! I really can’t take the wait!! So, I have to do this PTR for 2 very important reasons. For One ... my DD Brittany is pestering me to do it, and for Two ... Well, I think it may just be the one & only place I can “POP” without driving everyone completely crazy that just doesn't understand my Disney World fanaticism lol. Most of my friends and family simply don’t get it. Not like YOU do!!! Sooooo... If you all don’t mind, I’d like to get all of the “boring” details out of the way first. So if you can indulge me for a few paragraphs (or more), I promise it will all be worth it lol.
First off, I have been a “stalker” on the TR’s for a couple of years now. I apologize but I hardly ever comment on TR’s I did however start a PTR/TR a few years back but sadly never finished it. My dad was in end stage cancer when my DH & I took two of our DD’s on a much needed getaway from all the sadness at home and went to our “Happy Place” (we lived with my parents to help with the bills). Don’t get me wrong, our trip was just what dad and the Dr ordered for us, but when we got home and I started writing my TR, dad passed. I just didn’t have it in me to finish the TR.
I apologize for the sad stuff when this is supposed to be all about the 'goods' lol. I just thought you should know why I am ready to POP, more even, than usual. We’ve been to WDW probably a good hundred times but it just never gets old for us. Only I have been back to Disney since the last trip I spoke of, I spent one day in the MK with my sister last October. Sooooo, long story short….. We NEED this vacation!!! LOL. Now onto the“Fun” details!! This trip is really a culmination of two different components; WDW and a wedding. So let’s get to it!!
The cast for this trip will be me - Dawn, my DH - Ron, our DD - Brittany (Brit), our grandson Aiden and his mommy Kori.
326381_2183721755054_1996023736_o.jpg

DH & I
215712_3982870941880_1611396189_n.jpg

DD (Brittany)
555541_4216622169369_615311618_n.jpg

Grandson (Aiden)
523972_10150717107341783_1882100023_n.jpg

Daughter in Law (Kori)

DH & I will actually be in Disney about a week before the others in our group fly down to join us. DH and I are leaving Sept 18 (Well maybe late night the 17th if we get too excited and can't wait any longer lol). We're driving from Rhode Island and the plan is to leave at 1 AM after hopefully getting a couple hours of sleep (yeah right!). We planned this time so that (hopefully) we can beat a ton of traffic in NY and then when rush hour rolls in we can just stop at a rest area to stretch our legs and grab some breakfast.
Our plan is to drive until we get into South Carolina (around 14 or so hours) and then stop for an early dinner and an early night at a hotel wherever we end up. The next morning around 7 AM we plan to head back out on the road and drive all the way to Orlando!! We’ve driven straight through before but really don’t want to get there and feel fatigued to start our vacation. Nothing is worse than feeling like a zombie the first few days in Disney!! I want to enjoy EVERY second of it!!
So, again, we plan to drive roughly 14 hrs or so the first day, stop wherever we are for the night and then continue on to Orlando the following day. I booked The Orlando Metropolitan Resort for one night (19th). Has anyone stayed here?? I would LOVE feedback on it since I booked it online and have never been there. I booked it simply due to it being only $35 per night with AAA discount and it looked pretty standard and not like I should be worried (praying). LOL
Hmmmm, Can you guess where we’re staying for the Disney component of our trip? Lol YEP!! POP!!! We check into POP on Sept 20 and check out on Oct 4. We’ve stayed at CS, CB and all the values except AoA but our favorite of the values by far, and the one we keep going back to, is POP. I feel like it’s the most “Disney-ish” (or rather was prior to AOA). I know, I know, not everyone wants to be drowned in a complete sea of Disney when they visit and want to leave the characters in the parks but I want to be so deep in it I need a snorkle and arm floaties!!!

555322_3284946644988_1064689178_n.jpg

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Sounds like you guys are a bunch of goofs and you guys are going to have an amazing time!!

The whole mention of packs cracked me up. Seriously...good times. I will now have visions of this for the remainder of the evening!
lol I think our daughters have visions (or is it nightmares?) of those packs all year long lol. Thank Mickey I hide them when not in use HAHAHAHA :cool:

Tiggerific

31 days :( so jealous i cant be there the whole time and yes the packs r nightmares they wear them from the second we leave the house. When we drive I jump out of the car at stops so people don't think I'm with them lmao :eek:

DawnBerg

Original Poster
31 days :( so jealous i cant be there the whole time and yes the packs r nightmares they wear them from the second we leave the house. When we drive I jump out of the car at stops so people don't think I'm with them lmao :eek:
I could always leave you home .... Just saying.... :rolleyes:

DawnBerg

Original Poster
OK I can't wait another second lol. 3 weeks from today we leave for our Happy Place sooooo yep it is start packing time!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! lol :D

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Just ordered the photopass+ yesterday!! Excited now!! I am pretty much packed AND we are now in the TEENS!!! 19 days til we leave for Disney!!!!! YAY!!! :)

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Off to pick up our Trip Tiks from AAA today. We have GPS but for whatever reason the GPS unit forever sends us the long way or down dead end streets. :eek: And we like to travel via Merritt Parkway and the Tapanzee Bridge rather than 95 and George Washington Bridge and of course GPS routes us via 95. I also like that we will have all the construction info before we get to it. Just one step and one day closer I guess!! 18 days till we leave for our trip!! :D

DawnBerg

Original Poster
T- Minus 12 days until we leave home for our Happy Place! Took the car today to have the oil changed and get a good once over. We got our photopass+ in the mail this week and are pretty much all set to go now. Just to finish packing and watch the darn clock! lol TICK...TOCK...TICK...TOCK........

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Your PTR is great! We will be at POP Sept 24-30.
Thank you!! Maybe we will see you there!! I can't wait to see everyone's photos. There are going to be soooo many of us there at the same time it will be fun to see who we snapped in the background lol. ;) Have an amazing time!!

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Checked in online today!!! SOOOOO exciting!!! Packed, unpacked and repacked my bins of stuff. One week from now we will be heading out our door for DISNEY!!! YAY!!! lol :eek: Sorry had to get that out of my system somewhere i wouldn't irratate the people around me. Some folks just don't "GET" this Disney-itis thing I have going on.... but you do right?! Right???!!! :oops: :p

popcenturylover

Checked in online today!!! SOOOOO exciting!!! Packed, unpacked and repacked my bins of stuff. One week from now we will be heading out our door for DISNEY!!! YAY!!! lol :eek: Sorry had to get that out of my system somewhere i wouldn't irratate the people around me. Some folks just don't "GET" this Disney-itis thing I have going on.... but you do right?! Right???!!! :oops: :p
Totally get it!!!;) I feel like I'm going crazy, :eek: 2 more days til' on-line check-in. I want to be there now!!!:rolleyes:

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Totally get it!!!;) I feel like I'm going crazy, :eek: 2 more days til' on-line check-in. I want to be there now!!!:rolleyes:
I knew you guys would understand lol! I wish we were there right now too! I keep trying to talk myself into leaving earlier and staying OP a few extra days but that would peobably drive me worse insane!! Being just outside the gates to the magic and STILL have to wait to get in????? Oh I think my heart would fail me lol. We are going to leave on Monday night late (or early morn Tuesday if you please lol) somewhere around 11pm or 1am. If we can hold out that long anyway. One just never knows. Our last trip we left half a day earlier than planned and that was a last second "Ok we are packed lets just go" kinds decision. So agaon, One never knows lol!!! :rolleyes:

popcenturylover

I knew you guys would understand lol! I wish we were there right now too! I keep trying to talk myself into leaving earlier and staying OP a few extra days but that would peobably drive me worse insane!! Being just outside the gates to the magic and STILL have to wait to get in????? Oh I think my heart would fail me lol. We are going to leave on Monday night late (or early morn Tuesday if you please lol) somewhere around 11pm or 1am. If we can hold out that long anyway. One just never knows. Our last trip we left half a day earlier than planned and that was a last second "Ok we are packed lets just go" kinds decision. So agaon, One never knows lol!!! :rolleyes:
Yeah, don't think i'd be able to do that either! I would go crazy just being outside of the magic waiting to get in!:eek:

Rach&Eric

Loving the PTR and hope you guys have a blast. I can't wait for the TR!!! Oh, I've stayed at the Metropolitan Express, not the same hotel of course but probably similar. Now while it wasn't a Disney resort it wasn't bad. Clean and friendly staff so hopefully the Metropolitan will be the same.

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Loving the PTR and hope you guys have a blast. I can't wait for the TR!!! Oh, I've stayed at the Metropolitan Express, not the same hotel of course but probably similar. Now while it wasn't a Disney resort it wasn't bad. Clean and friendly staff so hopefully the Metropolitan will be the same.
Thank you!! That makes me feel a bit better about the Metropolitan. I hate booking and staying anywhere sight unseen :eek: . Oh well, I just have to listen to my own words, I told my DH that it is "Only for 1 night" :confused: . In T-Minus 5 days from right this very minute I will be trying to nap (Yeah Right!!) before heading for my Happy Place!!!

Rach&Eric

Thank you!! That makes me feel a bit better about the Metropolitan. I hate booking and staying anywhere sight unseen :eek: . Oh well, I just have to listen to my own words, I told my DH that it is "Only for 1 night" :confused: . In T-Minus 5 days from right this very minute I will be trying to nap (Yeah Right!!) before heading for my Happy Place!!!

Exactly, it's only for one night! Hahahahaha....nap, I'm sure you'll give it a good try but if you're anything like me you won't get any sleep whatsoever.

DawnBerg

Original Poster
Ok Ok... Don't laugh at me but I just can't stand it anymore lol. We are changing our plans and leaving Sunday morning about 4am. We are hoping that this will help us beat all of the rush hour traffic due to most of our travelling going to now be on Sunday. We will stop for the night on Sunday, hopefully we will be somewhere in South Carolina!!! I am going to just add 2 nights to the Metropolitan Resort (soooo much for telling DH it would only be for one night LOL!!!) 2 Extra days in Flroida even if only spent lounging by the pool sound pretty AWESOME to me!!! 32 HOURS!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Rach&Eric

Ok Ok... Don't laugh at me but I just can't stand it anymore lol. We are changing our plans and leaving Sunday morning about 4am. We are hoping that this will help us beat all of the rush hour traffic due to most of our travelling going to now be on Sunday. We will stop for the night on Sunday, hopefully we will be somewhere in South Carolina!!! I am going to just add 2 nights to the Metropolitan Resort (soooo much for telling DH it would only be for one night LOL!!!) 2 Extra days in Flroida even if only spent lounging by the pool sound pretty AWESOME to me!!! 32 HOURS!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

I've got to say I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time. We were going to go next year (in October) but have decided to wait until our DS is 3 so we can bring him too...unfortunately, he's only 3 months old lol. I'm going to have major withdrawals, but it'll give me a lot of time to save up for a very special trip that'll hopefully make my DS fall in love with Disney and we'll have no choice but to vacation to WDW for the rest of our lives (oh darn hehehehehe). Drive safe, but most important have lots of fun on this well deserved vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom