News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Kirby86

And end up in Walmart!
If they wanted to be authentic to the time period nope Walmart opened in the 60s. Now the final drop into a Piggley Wiggley would be fine.

Not going to lie the new attraction will look weird without something drawing your eyes to the drop. I'm assuming the water tower is going to be what Imagineering wants to draw our eyes to while walking around Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Speedy71

65132164-6038-4c28-9c9c-1df8ce321fa5_text.gif

donaldtoo

Disney Fans: Blast Disney! They aren't keeping us informed about the retheme progress!!

Also Disney Fans: Blast Disney! How dare they give us information about the retheme progress as if we cared!!

The funniest part of that “article” is that the quote at the top is attributed to BC, when, in fact, it’s just a derivative of the original quote below…good grief, the internet is so full of disinformation, and getting worse every day…!!! :facepalm:

AB8B4BD0-9442-427F-A7BF-76ACEC3015B9.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
For those wondering about Disneyland, according to the Orange County Register, Splash Mountain in Disneyland will close May 7, 2023 for the reimagining into Tiana's Bayou Adventure. May 6 will be the final day to ride.

Edited to add - Disneyland officials have confirmed to Todd Martens that this date is incorrect.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

The funniest part of that “article” is that the quote at the top is attributed to BC, when, in fact, it’s just a derivative of the original quote below…good grief, the internet is so full of disinformation, and getting worse every day…!!! :facepalm:

View attachment 706244
This is true. I am not an expert but I think the formula for success is to please your customer base and not make changes merely to advance an agenda.

Fox&Hound

I keep thinking about what someone else posted in these threads (forgive me for forgetting who it was) but as people were discussing the water tower they mentioned what would happen if a water tower broke and flooded a swamp? With digital effects and water rushing into the Burrow’s Lament area. How amazing would that be from a story perspective? If the water tower existed as part of the reason we are lifted up and then down the mountain? Not sure they want to tell a fooding story with a New Orleans setting but from a story perspective it would add legitimacy to the water tower and explain its justification.

Vegas Disney Fan

I keep thinking about what someone else posted in these threads (forgive me for forgetting who it was) but as people were discussing the water tower they mentioned what would happen if a water tower broke and flooded a swamp? With digital effects and water rushing into the Burrow’s Lament area. How amazing would that be from a story perspective? If the water tower existed as part of the reason we are lifted up and then down the mountain? Not sure they want to tell a fooding story with a New Orleans setting but from a story perspective it would add legitimacy to the water tower and explain its justification.

It would work from a story point but I think you’re understating just how controversial a flood would be in a New Orleans themed ride.

From a story perspective It would work very well but I can’t imagine Disney would even consider it due to the lives and livelihoods lost during Katrina.

EPCOT-O.G.

It would work from a story point but I think you’re understating just how controversial a flood would be in a New Orleans themed ride.

From a story perspective It would work very well but I can’t imagine Disney would even consider it due to the lives and livelihoods lost during Katrina.
Yes but the real life locations and history associated with those places that they did base this refurb on also involve very troubling instances (including mass deaths).

JoeCamel

Yes but the real life locations and history associated with those places that they did base this refurb on also involve very troubling instances (including mass deaths).
Avery Island is a loooonnngg way from New Orleans and water flows to the ocean, if you drove that far east or west in Florida from WDW your car would drown

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Avery Island is a loooonnngg way from New Orleans and water flows to the ocean, if you drove that far east or west in Florida from WDW your car would drown
I think it’s safe to assume that 99% of Disney guests will associate a Tiana ride to New Orleans rather than a salt dome they’ve never heard of, outside of a few Disney nerds (aka us) I doubt many people will even be aware of the elaborate backstory Disney has come up with for this ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom