News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SuddenStorm

Tiana's Bayou Adventure is like if in Indiana Jones Adventure, instead of having us look into Mara's eye and get sent to the gates of doom, we don't and it's a peaceful stroll through an ancient temple and at the end Indiana Jones tells us how special we are and we receive one of the three rewards from Mara.

I'd say it's an apt comparison- both rides advertise an A-list character and an adventure in the title.

One is considered to be among the greatest dark rides ever built, and actually has an adventure.

The other isn't, and doesn't.

flyerjab

I'm 4 rides deep and my range of emotions have gone from agreeing with the negative sentiment to enjoying it. I don't know what's changing.
Because reality sometimes can interfere with the echo chamber.

Honestly, I know the same thing will happen when we go in July. So far, I have only seen video ride through footage and have read what has been posted here. This type of zealotry and admiration for how Walt ran his company and the realities of how modern Disney is run (looking at you Bob) is doomed to create a sort of constant toxicity. I will most likely really enjoy this ride when I go on it.

And believe me, hardcore fans do not have to like this ride. Their opinions are their own and are filled with valid criticism. For me, I have learned that I lean a bit more towards the ’normie’ side of fandom. I found that out after the Poly lobby incident. The uproar over that was…something. But glad to hear that you are enjoying it more.

Last edited:

Gusey

Some people have gone into Tiana's looking for any criticism to justify why Disney shouldn't have closed Splash, even though the complaints are petty make no sense. I've seen people complain that there is no story, but also too much story exposition. The story is too simple but also hard to understand what we are doing on the ride for. There is too much dead space between Tiana on the lift hill and the first band, but the same dead space in Splash was fine as it was building up the suspense. The criticism is not universal and the attraction is still decent, even if it doesn't live up to the nostalgia of Splash for some people

TomboyJanet

Funnily enough, I can hear the comments in my head of people screaming about how terrifying the giant monster Tiana and Odie heads are. :hilarious:

From what you're seeing? I'm not one to say that people watching YouTube can't come up with proper criticism or don't get a voice, but the quality of screens has proven in the past to differ hugely between video and our eyes.

Although the strength of the language throughout suggests these words may not help.
Well if they are anything along the lines of the quality of screens in Mission Breakout or such, Then they are low. Those things seem to lag all the time like an old quicktime video from 2002.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Has anyone taken a ride on the Railroad to see if the windows to the finale are still covered? It seems like the view has been preserved, but views from the Railroad and Peoplemover seem to be forgotten when they build/renovate things (i.e. the dark tunnel under Tron and the Peoplemover experience through the Space Mountain exit queue and ride building itself being completely destroyed).

The tarps were no longer there today, but the windows are still covered with what looks like rolling shutters.

LittleBuford

Some people have gone into Tiana's looking for any criticism to justify why Disney shouldn't have closed Splash, even though the complaints are petty make no sense.
This is just as reductive and demonstrably untrue as saying that all Splash fans have come under attack. Many of the complaints have been carefully articulated and are far from petty or nonsensical.

Gusey

This is just as reductive and demonstrably untrue as saying that all Splash fans have come under attack. Many of the complaints have been carefully articulated and are far from petty or nonsensical.
I understand that most of the complaints have been carefully articulated and the ride is not perfect. I said some of the complaints are petty, and those are the ones that are contradictory. I just struggle to understand how an attraction can have no story, an oversimplified story and too much story exposition

SilentWindODoom

Well if they are anything along the lines of the quality of screens in Mission Breakout or such, Then they are low. Those things seem to lag all the time like an old quicktime video from 2002.

Those screens always have looked weird on video, like they are supposed to have a 3-D effect. Screens usually look much worse on video than in person. I've been surprised at how good the bayou screens look in the videos I've seen and haven't heard anyone who's seen them in person complain.

@SilentWindODoom asked about music notation on a box under the frog. Can anyone supply a clear shot of this?

The videos I've seen do not zoom in enough.

From the Tim Tracker video. I've seen it clearer in others, but the notes are more than clear enough to make out.

1717868597360.png

rioriz

I understand that most of the complaints have been carefully articulated and the ride is not perfect. I said some of the complaints are petty, and those are the ones that are contradictory. I just struggle to understand how an attraction can have no story, an oversimplified story and too much story exposition

If i can help you out.

The ride has a story, that's clear.

However it does have the very thinnest of a very simple story.

And in the same that very thin story DOES have too much exposition in having to explain this very oversimplified story. The issue here is that the story is so very thin that its like a dog whistle. It needs all the signs and exposition to explain to the passenger that there is a story, just a very very, very thin on.

If i saw you blow a whistle and a gang of dogs started running our way, I'll deduce you just blew a dog whistle. No dialogue needed I experienced in vivo what was happening.

On Tiana's, it's like this" Hey Y'all I got this dog whistle in my hand. I wonder what'll happen if I blow it" to "Hey Y'all I just blew this here whistle, did y'all hear anything?" To "OMG y'all see those dogs in the distance, I wonder if it's because I blew this whistle? It's the bees knees" and so on....

Sorry for the long winded post but just like this ride, sometimes it takes tons exposition to explain what can be summed up in pure observation

zipadee999

Those screens always have looked weird on video, like they are supposed to have a 3-D effect. Screens usually look much worse on video than in person. I've been surprised at how good the bayou screens look in the videos I've seen and haven't heard anyone who's seen them in person complain.

From the Tim Tracker video. I've seen it clearer in others, but the notes are more than clear enough to make out.

View attachment 790237
I’m no sheet music expert, but I think it may be Zip a Dee Doo Dah. I googled sheet music of that song, and while not perfect, most compositions look similar to what’s on the music box. Again, I’m not positive, but if true, that’s a very cool reference.

SilentWindODoom

I’m no sheet music expert, but I think it may be Zip a Dee Doo Dah. I googled sheet music of that song, and while not perfect, most compositions look similar to what’s on the music box. Again, I’m not positive, but if true, that’s a very cool reference.

I tried the opening line and it just didn't line up with the succession of same-length notes. Buuuut... I can see "My oh my what a wonderful day." fit those notations. Although I'm not sure on the notes themselves. I've just been judging based on length because I can't really read music.

rtmachine

Has anyone seen any information on why it has been down so much ? Is it the ride system or the AA's and effects ? or both..
We were going on opening day so I'm guessing we won't be riding even if we get a VQ.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
If i can help you out.

The ride has a story, that's clear.

However it does have the very thinnest of a very simple story.

And in the same that very thin story DOES have too much exposition in having to explain this very oversimplified story. The issue here is that the story is so very thin that its like a dog whistle. It needs all the signs and exposition to explain to the passenger that there is a story, just a very very, very thin on.

If i saw you blow a whistle and a gang of dogs started running our way, I'll deduce you just blew a dog whistle. No dialogue needed I experienced in vivo what was happening.

On Tiana's, it's like this" Hey Y'all I got this dog whistle in my hand. I wonder what'll happen if I blow it" to "Hey Y'all I just blew this here whistle, did y'all hear anything?" To "OMG y'all see those dogs in the distance, I wonder if it's because I blew this whistle? It's the bees knees" and so on....

Sorry for the long winded post but just like this ride, sometimes it takes tons exposition to explain what can be summed up in pure observation
Nailed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom