Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

ProjectXBlog

“Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.”
A3452E75-747A-4E15-9381-2750FF4CEF3A.jpeg

mlayton144

“Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.”
View attachment 696390

Awesome , we get to ride a boat and watch a buffet being prepared

waltography

This sounds really good, so far. Not going to pass a bunch of judgement just yet. I’ll continue to wait.
Agreed, I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m hoping for lots of bayou but also don’t hate the idea of riding through factory scenes as I can imagine quite a lot of kinetic energy following the conveyor belt a la Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. A little disappointed it doesn’t seem to suggest higher stakes (or any stakes for that matter).

Professortango1

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I’m fine with the backstory if it’s focused on the queue and QSR. I am concerned that if this is the totality of the ride this a bit too “Happy go lucky Food Networky” for a ride that features a large drop.

In food terms this story is half baked. Needs a heaping tablespoon more “Bayou” and a full cup more of “Adventure” to fit the recipe. And let in bake a bit longer, a rest before serving.

_caleb

Mentioned this in the other thread, but I’m thinking some folks here might not be the intended audience for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

ProjectXBlog

Obviously waiting for more information, but if this is one of those attractions where the central conflict is “Someone’s shoe is untied!” then I’ll be disappointed. I’m worried that the property itself is being treated like enough of a slam-dunk that they don’t pay sufficient attention to the actual story.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Mr. Disney, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered an interesting ride. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I want to remain positive, as I've genuinely been excited this entire time... but the entire backstory feels so... off to me.

I dunno. I really really hope the ride itself keeps it simple and fun.
What about it is off for you?
Agreed, I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m hoping for lots of bayou but also don’t hate the idea of riding through factory scenes as I can imagine quite a lot of kinetic energy following the conveyor belt a la Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. A little disappointed it doesn’t seem to suggest higher stakes (or any stakes for that matter).
I agree, I think passing through a factory could be aesthetically pleasing. There could be stakes. They have been releasing crumbs since it was first announced. We’ll just have to wait and see.

The “It’s Wondrous” performance at D23 is a perfect example of the benefit of waiting for the final product before getting one’s p@nties in a bunch. That performance was pretty basic, but the actual recording includes a bunch of talented vocalists, a choir, and an orchestra that created a great musical piece.

Disney Analyst

What about it is off for you?

I am not sure, I think it's the tone feels off to me. When I think about the film, the world they built, and Tiana's original adventure, it didn't lead me to this direction for her major attraction. I mean, I understand what they are going for...

But someone on Twitter said: "This copy stops just short of providing a bullet-point list of Tiana Foods’s 401k and Annual Leave policies."

and maybe that's where I sit? The copy itself feels very... off to me.

I am still optimistic and a champion for this, as the movie really lends itself to creating a gorgeous attraction, and I agree the factory elements can add some fun kinetics to the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom