Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Rich T

I think "Be Our Guest" works as a Disney anthem with some slight lyric tweaks as we are a guest to Disney World/Disneyland.
I can kind of go along with this with the added caution that this song can wear out its welcome very quickly if heard often (in my opinion). I’m happy with a subdued version of it bouncing along jauntily in the background.

Rich T

Gaston as the new catch-all happy-funtime iconic Disney tune?
Well… Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee is a villain song specifically used by that villain to lure the innocent to their doom…

It’s all in the sound. “Gaston,” instrumentally, is a jaunty tavern party/drinking song. Should be played automatically for humorous effect whenever guests start brawling in the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well… Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee is a villain song specifically used by that villain to lure the innocent to their doom…

It’s all in the sound. “Gaston,” instrumentally, is a jaunty tavern party/drinking song. Should be played automatically for humorous effect whenever guests start brawling in the parks.
Well, there you go. The folks at DL will get to hear it several times a day!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Contrary to some “insider” rumors online it looks like DL’s Splash Mountain did in fact open today as planned, so just want to make note of that…
I'm making a note here: Huge success!

I'm sure it would hardly make a dent in the 87.6% success rate! Especially when you add in the predictions that Zip will stop playing in the domestic parks and eventually DL Tokyo will have the only Splash Mountain left in the world. I'd bet big dollars on those insider news!!

mickEblu

Contrary to some “insider” rumors online it looks like DL’s Splash Mountain did in fact open today as planned, so just want to make note of that…

I guess I didn’t really buy the rumor as I never made it on Splash Mountain Friday. The opportunity never really presented itself and I was more concerned with getting my son on MMRR.

waltography

This is totally subjective, but yeah. Probably because Zip stands on its own as a song/instrumental, since relatively few people have seen SotS or think much about that clip from the film.

It’s hard to listen to “Be Our Guest” without thinking of a french candelabra shoving grey stuff in one’s face. And its structure—starting slowly and building to a raucous climax, limits its versatility a bit.

It’s designed to sound heavily, stereotypically French… another limitation.

And when it’s detached from its source material, it sounds a lot like a self-aware, overly confident travel ad.

It’s a great fireworks high-point-but-not-the-finale song. 😃
For what it's worth, Disneyland has the precedent of using "Be Our Guest" in the cheery, guest-friendly way as part of the fireworks announcements:

With the right orchestration (in the vein of energetic but restrained esplanade music) I totally could see Be Our Guest becoming part of the sonic brand of the parks.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

Better yet have a special Fighting Gaston character to break up fights while singing.
"No oneeeee...Hits like Gaston, brawls like Gaston, gets banned for life like Gaston"

BasiltheBatLord

ZADDD is not being removed from streaming services, but from Disneyland. This means folks can still listen to it on their free time, whenever they want.

What’s the big deal?
This is a really lazy take. “Insert beloved attraction here” wasn’t removed, you can watch it on YouTube whenever you want. What’s the big deal?

celluloid

And when it’s detached from its source material, it sounds a lot like a self-aware, overly confident travel ad.
Disney has known and even used it in their marketing with that atmosphere a few times. Here is the OG one they used with it.

And of course with Zip a Dee Doo Dah, there was this among all the other places throughout the resort it was played.

Disney's airport had a runway strip designed to play what song as the plane rolled over it? You guessed it. Zip a Dee Doo Dah.

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, Zip a Dee Doo Dah and When You Wish have always been the top three Disney philosophy songs.

_caleb

For what it's worth, Disneyland has the precedent of using "Be Our Guest" in the cheery, guest-friendly way as part of the fireworks announcements:

With the right orchestration (in the vein of energetic but restrained esplanade music) I totally could see Be Our Guest becoming part of the sonic brand of the parks.

Did he say, “Good evening, FRIENDS?!”

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Just like years from now we'll still find that one place in all of WDW that still has a plexiglass divider up, there will be that one place you can still hear Zip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom