Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Brer Panther

My money's on the smaller animatronics that it's be easier to slip into the new version (Frogs, possums, Mr. Bluebird) will be reused. Everything else goes bye bye
I doubt Mr. Bluebird will survive, since he's a character who originated in Song of the South. Maybe they'll reskin him as... I dunno, are there any small birds in The Princess and the Frog? Are there any small birds in actual Louisiana bayous?
First you don't know they "trashed" the actual animatronics, they just didn't "reuse" them as is in their rethemed attractions because they didn't fit the new theme. They very well could be reusing them, or parts of them, in other attractions. For example its been theorized that the Jane animatronic (at least the face) was reused for one of the Red animatronics in the different rethemes of the auctioneer scene in Pirates.
I'm pretty sure insiders on here have confirmed that the Universe of Energy dinosaurs, at least, were trashed (aside from the pterodactyls, which were apparently shipped to Disneyland so they can be used as backups for the railroad diorama). To my knowledge, there's no official confirmation that the Red animatronic is Jane (I've also heard that Kylo Ren in Rise of the Resistance is a reskinned Wicked Witch, but again, no official confirmation). I think Bert was saved, but there's been no indication that the others weren't trashed.

I mean, did you SEE what Disney did to the Stitch's Great Escape animatronics? As bad an attraction as it was, surely that Stitch animatronic could've been put to good use elsewhere.
So they could reskin them for example and still use the same animatronic insides to make it fit into the Bayou theme. I suspect they will try to save a large majority of them as much as possible.
Isn't a constant justification for the retheme that Splash Mountain is too expensive/hard to maintain with all of its animatronics? If that really IS a factor in doing the retheme, keeping most of the animatronics won't solve that problem. And you know how much Chapek loves cost-cutting. If this retheme really IS being done on a tight budget, I doubt most of the animatronics won't get the axe.
To be fair, there were no geese in "Song of the South" either.
True, but the America Sings characters at least look similar enough to the ones in Song of the South's animated segments to not look out of place. They're not all that similar appearance-wise to the animals in The Princess and the Frog. Not to mention none of the animals in The Princess and the Frog wear clothes.
Honestly I wouldn't bet on many of the songs from the movie being part of the retheme. Maybe some reimagining of some of the songs, but not many. They really seem to be leaning into this being after the movie with all new original songs.
Frozen Ever After takes place after the movie, and that still has the songs from the movie. Then again, none of The Princess and the Frog's songs are as popular as "Let It Go".

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure insiders on here have confirmed that the Universe of Energy dinosaurs, at least, were trashed (aside from the pterodactyls, which were apparently shipped to Disneyland so they can be used as backups for the railroad diorama). To my knowledge, there's no official confirmation that the Red animatronic is Jane (I've also heard that Kylo Ren in Rise of the Resistance is a reskinned Wicked Witch, but again, no official confirmation). I think Bert was saved, but there's been no indication that the others weren't trashed.

I mean, did you SEE what Disney did to the Stitch's Great Escape animatronics? As bad an attraction as it was, surely that Stitch animatronic could've been put to good use elsewhere.
Disney doesn't confirm a lot of things, and insiders aren't privy to that detail of information most of times such as if AAs are reused.

Plus you're talking about WDW attractions here, not DL. DL has a long history of saving and reusing AAs, especially Splash. So we can't just assume that they will "trash" everything at DL just because there are some examples at WDW.

Isn't a constant justification for the retheme that Splash Mountain is too expensive/hard to maintain with all of its animatronics? If that really IS a factor in doing the retheme, keeping most of the animatronics won't solve that problem. And you know how much Chapek loves cost-cutting. If this retheme really IS being done on a tight budget, I doubt most of the animatronics won't get the axe.
That isn't the primary driver or even a huge factor that I'm aware for this retheme. Sure maybe some may get the axe, but my gut feeling is at least DL the majority will be reskined and reused.

Frozen Ever After takes place after the movie, and that still has the songs from the movie. Then again, none of The Princess and the Frog's songs are as popular as "Let It Go".
I don't think it was established that Frozen Ever After takes place in any specific timeline of the movie. I mean I could be wrong on that, but its just meant to take place in the Frozen world not in any specific timeline. Not like Tiana'a will be anyways.

NobodyElse

We're keeping the drop? Singular? What about the other two? lol. Funny they included that line to reassure people who thought the big drop might be going away- which to my knowledge was just about nobody and now have me wondering why they only mentioned the last drop. Not that I really think they’d get rid of the other two especially when keeping the big one.

Yeah, it was a little awkward because of what wasn't said.

Some people might fill in the blanks and leap to "We're drastically reconfiguring the whole attraction, including the ride path, but at a bare minimum that last drop will stay".

In reality, it's probably more like "We're not spending a dime altering the ride path/system. So, yeah, that means the last drop will stay. Obviously."

Brer Panther

Plus you're talking about WDW attractions here, not DL. DL has a long history of saving and reusing AAs, especially Splash. So we can't just assume that they will "trash" everything at DL just because there are some examples at WDW.
How many times outside of Splash Mountain has Disneyland "reused" an animatronic? I don't mean just saving them and putting them in the archives, I mean reusing them in another attraction. I've heard that Oogie Boogie's animatronic in Haunted Mansion Holiday is a reskinned Big Al, but that's all I can think of.
I don't think it was established that Frozen Ever After takes place in any specific timeline of the movie. I mean I could be wrong on that, but its just meant to take place in the Frozen world not in any specific timeline. Not like Tiana'a will be anyways.
Actually, Frozen Ever After does take place after the film. It's apparently a plot point that the "Summer Snow Day" Elsa is having is to celebrate the day Anna saved her.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How many times outside of Splash Mountain has Disneyland "reused" an animatronic? I don't mean just saving them and putting them in the archives, I mean reusing them in another attraction. I've heard that Oogie Boogie's animatronic in Haunted Mansion Holiday is a reskinned Big Al, but that's all I can think of.
The most famous is America Sings, beyond that I would say that all the AAs in Mike and Sulley were reused from Limo.

But lets flip this around, how many times have you heard DL "trashing" their AAs after a retheme or letting them rot? I cannot think of any.....

Actually, Frozen Ever After does take place after the film. It's apparently a plot point that the "Summer Snow Day" Elsa is having is to celebrate the day Anna saved her.

Can you tell me where in this ride description is actually says that:

Frozen Ever After

Attraction located in World Showcase at EPCOT

Voyage to Arendelle aboard an ancient Nordic vessel as you take a musical tour of the wintery world of Frozen.

Let it Go, All Over Again

Find a seat aboard your boat and let the lapping waters take you through a frozen willow forest.

Soon, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with some “boulders”—a.k.a. Kristoff’s family from Troll Valley—before bracing for the cold.

High up in the icy blue world of the North Mountain, Queen Elsa’s enchanting ice palace awaits. Behold the wonder… and keep an eye out for Anna, Olaf and a few more Frozen friends.

This enchanting “Summer Snow Day” celebration—complete with many of your favorite Frozen tunes—is sure to melt even the coldest hearts!

Know Before You Go
This song-filled journey is a slow-moving boat ride with backward and forward plunges down short waterfalls. You may get wet!

It just says:

"Voyage to Arendelle aboard an ancient Nordic vessel as you take a musical tour of the wintery world of Frozen." So that to me doesn't indicate it takes place AFTER the movie, just that it takes place in the world of Frozen. There is no timeframe given in any description that I've ever seen. But one thing it does do is that it specifically acknowledges that it will be "complete with many of your favorite Frozen tunes".

So this is counter to what is being described for Tiana's, as with Tiana's they specifically called out that it take place after the movie and will include new original songs.

Centauri Space Station

The most famous is America Sings, beyond that I would say that all the AAs in Mike and Sulley were reused from Limo.

But lets flip this around, how many times have you heard DL "trashing" their AAs after a retheme or letting them rot? I cannot think of any.....

Frozen Ever After

Voyage to Arendelle aboard an ancient Nordic vessel as you take a musical tour of the wintery world of Frozen.

Find a seat aboard your boat and let the lapping waters take you through a frozen willow forest.

Soon, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with some “boulders”—a.k.a. Kristoff’s family from Troll Valley—before bracing for the cold.

High up in the icy blue world of the North Mountain, Queen Elsa’s enchanting ice palace awaits. Behold the wonder… and keep an eye out for Anna, Olaf and a few more Frozen friends.

This enchanting “Summer Snow Day” celebration—complete with many of your favorite Frozen tunes—is sure to melt even the coldest hearts!

Know Before You Go
This song-filled journey is a slow-moving boat ride with backward and forward plunges down short waterfalls. You may get wet!

It just says:

"Voyage to Arendelle aboard an ancient Nordic vessel as you take a musical tour of the wintery world of Frozen." So that to me doesn't indicate it takes place AFTER the movie, just that it takes place in the world of Frozen. There is no timeframe given in any description that I've ever seen. But one thing it does do is that it specifically acknowledges that it will be "complete with many of your favorite Frozen tunes".

So this is counter to what is being described for Tiana's, as with Tiana's they specifically called out that it take place after the movie and will include new original songs.
Nope frozen is after the movie as proven by the trolls telling the story of Ana and Elsa in past tense

waltography

Ok, thanks, I stand corrected. My point is still the same its specifically called out that new original songs would be created for this project, not so with Frozen where it was specifically said to include "your favorite Frozen tunes".
And to your point, I hope they go the FEA route for at least some of the music on this ride; "old songs recontextualized," essentially. I'm all for new music for this ride, but I'd hate to lose stuff like "Dig a Little Deeper" or "Almost There."

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here's a necessary refresher on what you're referring to as AAs (Audio Animatronics).

(Individuals can now make their own determination if they really qualify for that term.)

I know, but they reused them, that was the point. Never claimed they were advanced AAs or even had movement. Most of the ones in Splash aren’t advanced or have much movement either.

Brer Panther

Oh, right! I totally forgot about those...

Frozen Ever After

In addition to the trolls' scene as @Centauri Space Station pointed out, there's also this sign in the queue:

1657019894468.png

Ok, thanks, I stand corrected. My point is still the same its specifically called out that new original songs would be created for this project, not so with Frozen where it was specifically said to include "your favorite Frozen tunes".
Personally, I'm amazed that they'll be creating original songs for the attraction. No other attraction based on a Disney movie has ever gotten an original song created for it (aside from The Seas With Nemo and Friends, but wasn't "Big Blue World" originally written for the musical at Animal Kingdom first?). Even Frozen Ever After didn't get that. And for a movie that Disney initially brushed off as a flop and ignored for years. Very odd...
Interesting question is will there be a deliberate Splash Mountain callback/easter egg as we usually see in ride replacements? Or will the mandate to erase it from existence apply to cute easter eggs also?
Having any sort of easter egg would be referencing Brer Rabbit, so probably not.

Ghost93

A"A"
Personally, I'm amazed that they'll be creating original songs for the attraction. No other attraction based on a Disney movie has ever gotten an original song created for it (aside from The Seas With Nemo and Friends, but wasn't "Big Blue World" originally written for the musical at Animal Kingdom first?). Even Frozen Ever After didn't get that. And for a movie that Disney initially brushed off as a flop and ignored for years. Very odd...
I think the ride will have songs from the movie, but with tweaked lyrics to fit the story of the ride. For example, they may use "Almost There" "Going Down the Bayou" and "Dig a Little Deeper" but update the lyrics to be relevant to the journey that guests will experience in the ride. Almost There's lyrics would likely be tweaked to be about reaching Mardi Gras, rather than about Tiana's restaurant dreams.

Professortango1

I... I thought the Frozen ride was rather well done and I enjoy it... I thought the animatronics were pretty good :-/
Its a mixed bag. The animatronics and set are great, but the story is really lacking with no conflict or progression. Its just riding past scenes of the characters singing. The backwards section is incredible lacking. I really wish they had created any urgency or drama within the attraction.

EPCOTCenterLover

Its a mixed bag. The animatronics and set are great, but the story is really lacking with no conflict or progression. Its just riding past scenes of the characters singing. The backwards section is incredible lacking. I really wish they had created any urgency or drama within the attraction.
Oh, there's conflict: Elsa invites us to her palace then forces us out! 😂

TrainsOfDisney

The backwards section is incredible lacking. I really wish they had created any urgency or drama within the attraction.
Staring at walls with snowflakes painted on them doesn’t impress you? ;)

Imagine if that scene had been created with snow falling through blue lasers with ice castles and such literally appearing around you with lighting and physical effects. Would have been a show stopper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom