Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

GimpYancIent

1656890783631.png

Brer Panther

They'll probably just have the voodoo spirits show up to mess with the riders without Facilier. Why are they going after us? Never explained.

As for the animatronics... the only ones I could maybe see them sparing are the bullfrogs in the "How Do You Do" segment, the Hitchhiking Alligator, and the Swamp Boys. Maybe one or two Brer Bear animatronics will be reskinned as Louis like everyone has been suggesting. The others, I'd be shocked if they survived.

Dear Prudence

Here's the info from DPB -

View attachment 649949

"Guests are in for a true treat with local flavor when Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens in late 2024. As Charita Carter shared, “in many ways, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is a love letter to New Orleans. Like the musical city that inspired this attraction, Tiana’s second act is about a community working in harmony to achieve something extraordinary. She reminds us of an immutable truth we can all relate to: ‘if you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.’ And that’s a melody we can all sing along to!”

To be able to join New Orleans in the celebration of Black joy as we bring Tiana’s story to its roots is a full-circle moment I’m so proud to realize. Ted Robledo added that “the joie de vivre that animates this region so brilliantly not only inspired Tiana’s journey, but also our team at Walt Disney Imagineering.” It’s our intention to do that jubilant spirit justice when advancing the storyline of Princess Tiana at our parks."

Video -

It took me a few days, but I realized that the logo looks exactly like the NATROL logo.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They'll probably just have the voodoo spirits show up to mess with the riders without Facilier. Why are they going after us? Never explained.
I mean that I could accept as voodoo and generic spirits are synonymous with New Orleans and its culture and the movie world.

As for the animatronics... the only ones I could maybe see them sparing are the bullfrogs in the "How Do You Do" segment, the Hitchhiking Alligator, and the Swamp Boys. Maybe one or two Brer Bear animatronics will be reskinned as Louis like everyone has been suggesting. The others, I'd be shocked if they survived.
Honestly I sort of expect that a majority of DLs Splash animatronics will be reused, its the cheapest and quickest option. Just reskin a few and give them all new clothes to better fit the New Orleans/Bayou motif. The major ones of Tiana, Naveen, and Louis is where they will spend the money, and likely have been working on them already.

Brer Panther

Honestly I sort of expect that a majority of DLs Splash animatronics will be reused, its the cheapest and quickest option. Just reskin a few and give them all new clothes to better fit the New Orleans/Bayou motif. The major ones of Tiana, Naveen, and Louis is where they will spend the money, and likely have been working on them already.
I'm skeptical. They trashed most of the Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy animatronics, and most of the America Sings characters don't really look like they'd fit in with the animals in The Princess and the Frog. The geese, for example, would be pretty out of place, even if you give them new clothes.

I could hypothetically see them reskinning the storks in the Laughin' Place as spoonbills, though.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
My money's on the smaller animatronics that it's be easier to slip into the new version (Frogs, possums, Mr. Bluebird) will be reused. Everything else goes bye bye

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm skeptical. They trashed most of the Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy animatronics, and most of the America Sings characters don't really look like they'd fit in with the animals in The Princess and the Frog. The geese, for example, would be pretty out of place, even if you give them new clothes.

I could hypothetically see them reskinning the storks in the Laughin' Place as spoonbills, though.
First you don't know they "trashed" the actual animatronics, they just didn't "reuse" them as is in their rethemed attractions because they didn't fit the new theme. They very well could be reusing them, or parts of them, in other attractions. For example its been theorized that the Jane animatronic (at least the face) was reused for one of the Red animatronics in the different rethemes of the auctioneer scene in Pirates.

So they could reskin them for example and still use the same animatronic insides to make it fit into the Bayou theme. I suspect they will try to save a large majority of them as much as possible.

Good Morning America shared some information about the ride today. I hope what they say from 2:03 to 2:08 means that Jim Cummings will be reprising the role of Ray even though the story will be taking place after the events of the film.

mharrington

To be fair, there were no geese in "Song of the South" either.

mickEblu

We're keeping the drop? Singular? What about the other two? lol. Funny they included that line to reassure people who thought the big drop might be going away- which to my knowledge was just about nobody and now have me wondering why they only mentioned the last drop. Not that I really think they’d get rid of the other two especially when keeping the big one.

Also her explanation of keeping the drop was "we want this to be a big celebration." Yeah, its a log ride through Happy Town, I'm convinced. I guess im just a fan of the old way they did stuff. When they understood the value of a nice emotional arc. Never mind the fact that Splash Mountain is a purpose built attraction with the drops placed at strategic story points. It would be kind of crazy for all the Fantasyland dark rides to have some sense of drama/ conflict but the thrill ride with the biggest drop in the park to be free of any sort of darkness/ conflict/ drama.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We're keeping the drop? Singular? What about the other two? lol. Funny they included that line to reassure people who thought the big drop might be going away- which to my knowledge was just about nobody and now have me wondering why they only mentioned the last drop. Not that I really think they’d get rid of the other two especially when keeping the big one.

Also her explanation of keeping the drop was "we want this to be a big celebration." Yeah, its a log ride through Happy Town, I'm convinced. I guess im just a fan of the old way they did stuff. When they understood the value of a nice emotional arc. Never mind the fact that Splash Mountain is a purpose built attraction with the drops placed at strategic story points. It would be kind of crazy for all the Fantasyland dark rides to have some sense of drama/ conflict but the thrill ride with the biggest drop in the park to be free of any sort of darkness/ conflict/ drama.
Well the big drop is iconic, not so much the littler drops earlier in the attraction. You don't hear much about the littler drops so much anyways. So to me this just seems like they want to reassure fans of the big drop that its not going away. I don't expect the other littler drops to go away.

mickEblu

Well the big drop is iconic, not so much the littler drops earlier in the attraction. You don't hear much about the littler drops so much anyways. So to me this just seems like they want to reassure fans of the big drop that its not going away. I don't expect the other littler drops to go away.

Me neither. Just interesting that in an effort to reassure some fans of a fear I think was pretty much non existent they managed to make me question something. Although we know this promo was for the casual fans of the world who hear Splash Mountain is going away and think that they re Bull dozing the whole ride. Even though the concept art shows the mountain and the drop 🤷🏻‍♂️

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Me neither. Just interesting that in an effort to reassure some fans of a fear I think was pretty much non existent they managed to make me question something. Although we know this promo was for the casual fans of the world who hear Splash Mountain is going away and think that they re Bull dozing the whole ride. Even though the concept art shows the mountain and the drop 🤷🏻‍♂️
Exactly, its not for uber fans like ourselves that pay attention to the most minute detail.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But I do hope his “Gonna take you there” song’s in there somewhere. It‘s catchy!
Honestly I wouldn't bet on many of the songs from the movie being part of the retheme. Maybe some reimagining of some of the songs, but not many. They really seem to be leaning into this being after the movie with all new original songs.

mickEblu

Honestly I wouldn't bet on many of the songs from the movie being part of the retheme. Maybe some reimagining of some of the songs, but not many. They really seem to be leaning into this being after the movie with all new original songs.

I’m not into the IP/ original mashup. It’s counterintuitive and disappointing for guests. Either make something original or give the people what they want from the movie/ IP your basing the ride on. It would be like going to your favorite bands concert where they don’t sing any of their hits.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m not into the IP/ original mashup. It’s counterintuitive and disappointing for guests. Either make something original or give the people what they want from the movie/ IP your basing the ride on. It would be like going to your favorite bands concert where they don’t sing any of their hits.
I've been to concerts like that, happens all the time. Bands want to showcase their new albums, not play old hits. Sure they do some highlights, but will focus mostly on the new.

The expect the same here, mostly new original songs, with only a few reimagining of the movie songs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom