Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
As @Californian Elitist pointed out, I fully expect the attraction description to say the same as Splash does now:
Exactly. Of course they will warn guests. We know this already. There's no need to put a bunch of emphasis on the drop, especially at this stage. The drop is already there. We can see it. The story and how they plan to incorporate it matter more.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Eh, I guess it depends on your tolerance level for "thrill". The drop is thrilling, but the rest of the attraction isn't. Its a 10 second thrill, and 9 mins and 50 seconds of a subdued experience. My opinion of course.

Of course. I just meant, like, relatively speaking, for Disneyland, a place that attracts families with young children.

I think people were doing mental gymnastics trying to make the PatF movie plot fit here. I never expected PatF, I expected what Disney told us back in 2020, a post-PatF plot about a Mardi Gras celebration.

It's possible this has been clear from the start and I just haven't been paying close enough attention. In any event, I'm on board with a jazzy, splashy boat ride to Mardi Gras celebrating Black joy, which the promotional materials seem to indicate we're getting. Far preferable to an attraction laser-focused on PATF. I just hope there's some sort of, you know, conflict/drama in the ride's story.

SSG

Flush it.
I present you with a sewer, clogged with Pooh.

Winnie Pooh.jpg

Rich T

I'd argue it's possibly the most thrilling attraction in the park. I know adults who will ride BTMR and Space but not Splash, out of fear for that drop.

It'll be interesting to see what the ride's sensibility and target demographic actually turn out to be. PATF is a film very much aimed toward children, but much of the promotional material for TBA (the acronym we'll now be using for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, lol) has emphasized celebrating New Orleans and black culture and Mardi Gras, indicating this may be more of an everyone/family attraction and less princess and children-oriented than I initially assumed.
PatF, though, with its deaths, subtle cultural commentary and scary imagery, is aimed at a far broader age range than Song of the South (where a major plot point is a little girl getting mud on her party dress) ever was.

Disney Analyst

I am sorry, not sorry, as a designer, this looks like an amateur YouTube video cover talking about the project and not actual art for the project from a multibillion dollar company. No one can tell me that looks good!

It will look gorgeous when it fully realized in an attraction marquee out of real materials :)

Dear Prudence

It will look gorgeous when it fully realized in an attraction marquee out of real materials :)
I don't mean the logo itself, I mean the whole presentation of the graphics they're trying to use to promote it. Have you seen the graphic they are using on Instagram? It looks like it was made in the Android free editing app. It looks cheap and amateurish.

Edit: the "opening" text is barely readable.

Screenshot_20220701-120033_Instagram.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom