Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee! video

wdwmemories

Thanks for posting the link!

The show does look like fun - and there were lots of performers.

It was interesting to see the guests on the lowest level moving the musical notes.

Captain Hank

Ooh, can't wait to see this in person later this week. I also can't wait for the soundtrack to come out, I love the "Comin' Down the Bayou" song and "I'm Almost There."

Come to think of it, when was the last time that WDW did an honest-to-goodness Entertainment offering for an animated film's release? (I'm talking about more than a little pre-parade or meet and greet). Mulan? Let alone starting it a month before the film's opening.

TravisMT81

I was there last Monday for the press event, it was fantastic. It is the best we have seen from entertainment is a long time.

Slowjack

!

I hope I live long enough to see the demise of inane marketing typography. Disney in particular is terrible about this. The list of attractions now has so many exclamation points it could have been written by Stan Lee. Fantasmic! Midway Mania! Pretty soon, we'll all be enjoying a Dole Whip! after polishing off a Turkey Leg! before heading back to our Hotel! for a Nap!

I haven't posted in a while though I visit this site practically each and every day. After watching the video of this showboat piece, I must say I am pretty disappointed. Not so much in the performers - they are doing the best they can do given the fact that half of their bodies are covered by railing and what movement they can do is limited on one level of action....but I found the staging to be really boring after a while. "Okay, let's stick some ribbons out the openings and wave them four times this way, four times the other way. Now, let's stick some parasols out the openings and spin them for a while. Wait, this will be different - let's stick some music notes out of the openings before we dangle ribbons again." I love Disney, but miss the spectacle and the real live (not all recorded) shows that I use to enjoy in the past. Maybe the showboat show is different in person. Am I the only one who thinks this?

ISTCrew20

The video just doesn't do it justice. This is one of my favorite entertainment offerings I have ever seen at the park. The river, the showboat, costumes, performers, and the music just painted an ear to ear grin on my face the entire time! While it is a little odd for a procession through Liberty Square (although very well done), I think the show fits perfectly once the boat gets down the river.

While we are not quite there yet, I am really applauding the MK entertainment team. The Showboat Jubilee, Move it Shake it, and a parade with showstops has really been a 180 degree turnaround from some previous (safe) entertainment options the park has had in recent years.

This show definitely did the trick though. I will be purchasing the soundtrack and going to see the movie (most likely more than once.)

muse1983

I have to disagree with everyones enthusiasm about the new princess and the frog attraction. However I know that my dislike for it comes from me being from Louisiana and being bombarded several times a year with such music etc. I just really can't stand the Cajun/New Orleans culture. But that's just my opinion and the party pooper in me hopes that it has all but gone away when we go back in 2011. This is my SGE so to say haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom