Thursday 9th April - Blizzard Beach closed to guests due to reaching capacity 12pm

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday 9th April - Blizzard Beach closed to all guests due to reaching capacity.

This is quite something, as the air temp at BB is 70 degrees. Not exactly ideal swimming weather!

SirGoofy

Thursday 9th April - Blizzard Beach closed to all guests due to reaching capacity.

This is quite something, as the air temp at BB is 70 degrees. Not exactly ideal swimming weather!

I can see Typhoon with it's heated pools and such, but BB has all those "ice" flows.

hpyhnt 1000

Eh, 70 degrees is nothing for those from up North. :lol: Besides, with the heated water and sun, actually should be fairly nice. :) Still, both water parks at capacity - wow. :eek:

castevens

Eh, 70 degrees is nothing for those from up North. :lol: Besides, with the heated water and sun, actually should be fairly nice. :) Still, both water parks at capacity - wow. :eek:
Yeah, I just got back in from walking around Fenway Park down the street to catch in the day-game atmosphere, and it's 57 degrees outside and sunny. I AM HOT right now. Really really hot. And it's 57. . .

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Maybe everyone who has been battling the crowds in the main parks all week decided to give up and try going to a water park today. :shrug: :lol: 70s is warm and all (heck it is 62 here in NJ today and I am thinking about breaking out the shorts) but there is no way I would go swimming until it was at least 75 with low wind.

Kamikaze

I wouldn't take this as having anything to do with the economy. If the numbers I heard last night are true...profits from these past few days have not been good.:(

There is no way that having MK at any phased closing is anything but good, regardless of buy 4 get 3.

SirGoofy

There is no way that having MK at any phased closing is anything but good, regardless of buy 4 get 3.

You would think. But the numbers that I've heard are operating profits are down.:brick:

EDIT: But I don't know if they are good numbers. Could be garbage for all I know.

peter11435

You would think. But the numbers that I've heard are operating profits are down.:brick:

EDIT: But I don't know if they are good numbers. Could be garbage for all I know.
With all due respect... of course operating profits are down. Between the 4/3, DDP, discounted merchandise, free on birthday, and merchandise fun cards it only stands to reason that operating profits would be down. However it’s important to realize that does not mean they are not making a profit. Only that they are making less of a profit than usual. They are still making money and in today's economy that’s really all you can hope for, and something many other companies wish they could say.

SirGoofy

With all due respect... of course operating profits are down. Between the 4/3, DDP, discounted merchandise, free on birthday, and merchandise fun cards it only stands to reason that operating profits would be down. However it’s important to realize that does not mean they are not making a profit. Only that they are making less of a profit than usual. They are still making money and in today's economy that’s really all you can hope for, and something many other companies wish they could say.

Oh heck yea. I'm not saying they are in the red. Not even close.

I'm just saying they aren't making gangbuster money here. I wish they were, but they're not. I feel like people are automatically figuring because all the parks are closing that they are raking in cash hand over hand. Which isn't the case.

jmvd20

I'm just saying they aren't making gangbuster money here. I wish they were, but they're not. I feel like people are automatically figuring because all the parks are closing that they are raking in cash hand over hand. Which isn't the case.

They are definitely raking in cash hand over hand right now - it is just that they want to be raking in more, as do we all...

Disney is doing what they need to do to weather the economic storm and in the process they are getting richer and making money - lets not forget that. Having the parks as full as they are right now is exactly what they want.

WDW1974

I've never known an Easter so busy :eek:

The past two years weren't that bad relatively speaking ... I also think a lot of folks don't recall (or are unaware) of just how busy WDW used to be EVERY year at Easter/Spring Break.

~But I am sure it's just all the great new stuff ... hell, I heard they opened a new food cart in Frontierland ... a food cart!!!~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom