Three Mickey rides - which one is the best?

Which MK Mickey ride is best?

• Total voters

mharrington

Original Poster
This year, Mickey and Minnie Mouse's 90th birthday(!), I thought I would do something for the occasion, something I've been struggling with for many years now...

I have done countless threads on Mickey Mouse dark rides, some of them I created myself, others I borrowed from others (trying to remember to credit them first). My main concern at all times was doing an attraction that A) fit within the Magic Kingdom without a Toontown, B) not compete with the Studios' upcoming Runaway Railway, and C) reference the classic shorts whenever possible (difficult to do without a Toontown). Given those imposed conditions, I was pretty much on my own, particularly since I wanted it done my own way, without it being taken in a different direction than originally intended.

I was criticized, not unfairly, for being overcritical and overthinking my ideas, but that's the way I'm wired. I want things to be done just right. That was probably one reason why I was alone in doing these things.

Anyway, I have finally done no less than THREE Mickey dark rides, all for the Magic Kingdom. One idea is for Storybook Circus (a replacement of sorts for the Madcap Circus/Big Top Spin and Fun House), and the other two on Main Street, near the Town Square Theater where Mickey does meet-n-greets (this spot was originally supposed to hold the Main Street theater show before it allegedly got canceled). Each ride concept will have its own post. I was advised to post everything all the way through before expecting feedback. The only way to really do that without posting back-to-back every few scenes, as was my old way, was to do everything in a single post.

As I said before, I posted three concepts for Mickey dark rides. As such, there is no way they all can fit in the Magic Kingdom. Thus, I posted a poll where you can vote for which one you like best. Please also try to explain why you liked your choice. Anyway, here's the first entry: the one in Storybook Circus that required a do-over...

Mickey's Wonder House
Here is the full and complete ride (which I did pretty much all by myself, with no help whatsoever). It is in the same location, more or less, as the Fun House concept that @spacemt354 helped me with. But the ride itself is more or less done over from scratch by me alone. It took a long time because I had ideas which was argued did not "agree" with the circus setting. Given my argument about how the Madhouse concept could work here if it was to have worked in the Circusland concept of old (this was long before Toontown was ever thought of), I was inclined to disagree and prove the naysayers wrong. To do that, I changed the name from "Fun/Mad" to "Wonder".

As you enter the ride structure (based loosely on the Madhouse facade)...
D23_UDC_Mickey1.jpg

storybook circus map.jpg

...you wind through a reduced queue, about half the space of the queue in the image above. The remaining space, along the exit path, will be home to an alternate meet-n-greet space known as the Silly Symphonic Sideshow (replacing Pete's Silly Sideshow), where you can meet with various lesser-known characters like Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Ludwig Von Drake, or the Three Little Pigs.

In the queue here, ringleader Mickey and his good friends Donald and Goofy perform acrobatics and stunts. And their most prized possession is the Wonder House, where you board a colorful carriage-car-thing through a zany funhouse-like attraction, where anything can happen. And it is, apparently, as unbeknownst to our heroes, something is amiss here, as there is wear and tear and the occasional spectral laugh. The further you go, the louder the laughs become. On the walls you can see the occasional shadow of an odd-looking spook.

The queue winds back and forth on the right side and should be enough to hold a 35-minute wait before spilling out into Storybook Circus. With eight scenes, the ride time is about 3-4 minutes, about as long as the Peter Pan ride.

You then climb into your ride vehicles for your trip through the Wonder House. They are themed as the aforementioned carriage-car-things which look like a cross between the non-cage cars of Casey Jr...
120610-Disneyland-Casey-Jr-Circus-Special-Train-Ride-03.jpg

...and the motorcars from Mr. Toad.
IMG_2323.jpg

The cars are mounted with steering wheels to drive through (although like Mr. Toad, it's mainly for fun) and, strangely enough, with special flashlights for seemingly no reason at all. After all, why would you want to light up what should be a relatively dark fun house? In any case, the cars seat four, with a flashlight for each seat, and leave in batches of two.

Scene 1 - Meet Mickey and pals
Mickey, Donald and Goofy all greet you and then Mickey sends you on your way into the Wonder House by pulling on a rope attached to a group of steam whistles (themed to "Steamboat Willie") that opens a door to usher you in. Before leaving, Mickey points out the flashlights, in case anything goes wrong. Better safe than sorry...

Scene 2 - Mirror Hall
Inside your vehicles meander around odd shaped mirrors as 2.5D projections (tech used in Mickey/Minnie's Runaway Railway) adapts the surroundings to different shaped mirrors and settings as you circle around. Inside the mirrors are various images as a homage to "Thru the Mirror" (a globe, giant playing cards and a radio, which plays the lively music from that short here). At the end of the hall, however, a group of specters, the Lonesome Ghosts, appear in the hallway reflection, laughing. As you go through a rotating barrel that spins faster or slower seemingly at random, but actually caused by the ghosts.

Scene 3 - Donald and Goofy’s Acts
The Astounding Duke Donaldo (AKA Donald Duck) is performing a stunt with three seals (homage to "Mickey's Circus", although the seals themselves more resemble those in "Mickey and the Seal"), a young pup (Salty) on some horns and two others in a water tank, where the Great Goofini (AKA Goofy) is also performing his newest stunt, a whale rodeo (the whale resembling that from "The Whalers").

Suddenly, the ghostly laughter rings out again, startling all in the room, causing the seals to run loose and cause them, your vehicle and the whale to crash into the tank, smashing it open and spilling water everywhere. The flow of water forces your vehicle to crash through a barricade and you exit the room. As you leave, you see Goofy in a bathing suit, surfing the wave (a nod to "Hawaiian Holiday"), with the shadow of a ghost surfing along behind it!

For a brief moment, you're in darkness as the laughter rings out again, and you hear Mickey and pals exclaiming the presence of ghosts and reminds you of the flashlights on your vehicles which can help get rid of them. After all, as another classic attraction with ghosts intones: "Spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights." The lights activate and you can hold them up like the guns on the Buzz Lightyear ride to shine them around (rather like the Monsters Inc. ride in Tokyo).

Scene 4 - Cars 'n' Clocks
Reemerging from darkness, you see things have gone crazy thanks to the Lonesome Ghosts, who have turned the Wonder House into something really cartoon-like and less funhouse-like. From this point on, you can shine your light around the room to point out the ghosts, who now appear frequently, as do Mickey's group who are spooked, so to speak, by spectral pranks.

One corner shows a garage of sorts, paying homage to "Mickey's Service Station". Here, a jalopy and a taxicab (based on "Traffic Troubles") rise and lower comically on hydraulic lifts. On the wall behind the cars, tires spin wildly, with one being a flat that flaps around, while license plates hanging on the wall sway back and forth. These are similar to the Roger Rabbit ride's queue with various letters and numbers jumbled to form references to all things Disney (i.e., "CAP 10 HK", "101 DALMN", "L MERM8", etc.). On the ground, an engine block, chained to the wall, lashes out like a vicious dog at you. Mickey is seen here struggling against one of the Lonesome Ghosts, but your flashlight can make it briefly disappear.

The opposite corner shows the inner workings of a giant clock (homage to "Clock Cleaners"), the face of which is outside, so the numbers are backwards as the clock hands spin wildly counterclockwise. Gears spin wildly, a pendulum swings back and forth, almost hitting you, and Goofy is hiding from a ghost (fooling around with the mechanisms) under a bell (with his head sticking out) while trying not to get shook up from a mechanized bell ringer hitting the bell.

Scene 5 - Animal Antics
Now things get more dangerous as various animals (either taxidermied or allegedly animatronics) are brought to life by the ghosts and are terrorizing Mickey and, in this case, Donald. Mickey has his hands full with a lion (homage to "Jungle Rhythm"), while Donald has to contend with a gorilla (resembling Ajax from "Donald and the Gorilla") and they both have to contend with a bear ("The Pointer" and "Donald's Vacation"). As always, as the ghosts appear, you get rid of them with your light, allowing our heroes to escape from the animals as they are slowed considerably by the disappearance of the spooks.

Scene 6 - Props Warehouse
You go through a prop warehouse (similar to the Gag Warehouse), full of various circus props, such as cream pies, squirting flowers, giant balls, etc. You hear Mickey and pals coming up with a way to stop the Lonesome Ghosts and (hopefully) save the circus. At the end, you see Mickey and Goofy bringing out a wind machine to work out a plan, but Donald brings out a flare gun (homage to the climax of "Magician Mickey"), impatient to get them gone quickly. Mickey warns not to rush things, but Donald doesn't listen. He fires the gun, startling Goofy, who accidentally turns the wind machine on, which leads to...

Scene 7 - A Whirling, Explosive Climax!
The William Tell Storm from "The Band Concert", sounding like the Silly Symphony Swings version, plays here (until about 0:28)…

...as our friends and the Lonesome Ghosts, and you all, get caught up in a whirling twister of pandemonium. Donald tries to fire the flare gun at the ghosts, hoping to get the light to scare them, but unfortunately, his aim is off and the flare strikes a crate of very obviously displayed fireworks instead! Leaving, you are treated to an explosion scene (a la Mr. Toad or Roger Rabbit), which blows things up, but also scares off the Lonesome Ghosts for good! Also, this music is heard during this scene (at 10:43, which is the climax music from "Magician Mickey"):

Scene 8 - Goodbye
Mickey, Donald and Goofy are united again. Mickey, echoing Kermit at the end of Muppet-Vision 3D, apologizes for any technical difficulties, but they are relieved that no one was hurt and the Wonder House only suffered "minor" damage (even though the area is in tatters). But they are glad that the Lonesome Ghosts are gone (as a gag, in the background, they are hitchhiking, just like another group of ghosts at the end of another attraction!), and that they will try to repair the damage for your next trip.

Scene 8.5 - Unload
You reappear near the load area, disembark and head back through the main queue building structure and to the Big Top Souvenir. However, on the exit path over to the gift shop, there's a meet and greet with circus-themed characters (the aforementioned Silly Symphonic Sideshow).

That's Mickey's Wonder House, the first Mickey dark ride concept for the Magic Kingdom. There are two more to come, both on Main Street, which will get put up very soon. Until then, happy (early) birthday, Mickey and Minnie!

You can start voting if you want, but you should wait until I post the rest of the ride concepts first.

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the second ride concept, and the first of two to be on Main Street, both of which will go in the spot once considered for the theater show space before it got allegedly canceled. It is actually a tweaking of my "Colorfully Timeless Twist" concept.

Mickey's Wonderful Whirl of Color
Located on the spot where the Main Street theater show was going to go, but has since been all but canceled, is a brand-new Main Street Cinema (the old one is replaced), where a brand-new Mickey Mouse short is being previewed, entitled "Mickey's Wonderful Whirl of Color". It is an experimental color short that is done mostly in black and white.

As you go into the theater, it is set up like the Disneyland Main Street Cinema, with various posters of his cartoons on display. Inside, you hear Donald and Goofy set up the projector. The load area has ride vehicles (I have no idea how to theme them here) that are mounted with giant paintbrushes and spinning wheels for some reason. These vehicles take you into the theater, in groups of three (the vehicles seat four per).

Scene 1 - Movie Starts
Before you is a movie screen, with a black-and-white Mickey cartoon starting (the name of the ride here displayed on the screen). It shows Mickey, Donald and Goofy (in their early forms: Mickey with solid black eyes and white shorts, Donald with long beak and black webbed feet, and Goofy in his Dippy Dawg persona). They are about to prepare for a color experiment (a giant paintbrush) in preparation to go to full color. They sample it by painting the surrounding area in different colors, but suddenly, Pete (in peg-leg) appears and steals the giant brush, to assure that things remain in black-and-white and never be allowed to change. He leaves the area half-colored.

NOTE: It's kind of difficult for me to do this. I'm not that creative, honestly. It's also difficult for me to figure out how to justify the actions of Pete here.

Suddenly, Mickey addresses YOU, the audience, with your paintbrushes in the vehicles and invites you into the cartoon to help color the area and beat back Pete, while they go and search for the stolen brush. The vehicles' spinning wheels are so you can turn your vehicle around in circles to look are scenery.

The next thing you know, your vehicle goes forward either into the screen itself or underneath the screen (I can't decide). It's something like this, which is also indecisive on how to do it, honestly:

Scene 2 - Let's Get Started
Now, you are in the screen! Here, everything is in black and white, save for the scenery already colored. Now you can spin the ride vehicles around with your spinning wheels to color everything you see, something like Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse in Tokyo. You push a button on your brush to launch a bit of paint out. In doing so, you see spots of color on your target; the more you fire at your target, the more you color it in.

Scene 3 - Crazy City
You see Mickey, Donald and Goofy running along a street into a crazy city street, all in black-and-white. Mickey instructs everyone to follow him as they search for Pete and the giant paintbrush, and in the meantime to keep using your paintbrushes to color in some stuff yourself.

As you follow the trio along, they split up to each try and find the thief on his own. As this happens, they each run into a separate vignette from a classic black-and-white Mickey short, each set up as a different scene. First, you run across a vignette themed to "Building a Building" (1933): while a building is under construction in the background a steam shovel digging up dirt and throwing it everywhere - including, if neither are careful, you and Mickey, who is there with you. It is based on this scene in the cartoon (from 1:52 to 2:02):

Next, you go by Donald and another building, this one on fire (with residents and furniture already outside, having been evacuated), as seen in "The Fire Fighters" (1930):
tumblr_n7ajcroFGI1s2wio8o1_400.gif

As in the shot above, the building sways back and forth, while Donald tries to dodge the flames. One small spark accidentally hits him in the tailfeathers and he runs off squawking and finally putting out the fire on his tail in a nearby fire hydrant, whose water spews out but not quite reaching the burning building. The idea of Donald here also references "Mickey's Fire Brigade".

Finally, you run across a car repair lot, as in "Mickey's Service Station" (1935). Here, Goofy tries to dodge suddenly-animated inanimate objects: raising and lowering lifts with broken-apart cars on them, bouncing wheels, malfunctioning auto equipment, wires running everywhere with electrical surges (which Goofy tries but fails to avoid and gets zapped, revealing his skeleton under his skin), and most of all, car engines attached to hoses, similar to dogs on leashes, that lash out at you, also like dogs. It's similar to the Epic Mickey stage themed to the cartoon:

Oh, and there's also a bit of trivia here in this third scene: based on Disneyland's Roger Rabbit, there is a wall adorned with Disney-themed license plates, such as "CAP 10 HK", "101 DLMN", "L MERM8" and "1E D PU".

As you leave the service station lot, you come across Mickey, Donald and Goofy again as they all complain about getting bombarded and not finding Pete or the brush. Then they hear Pete's sinister laugh again as it comes from the wharf! You follow the trio as they head there.

Scene 4 - Pete Escapes!
Arriving at the wharf, you and the trio spot the iconic steamboat from "Steamboat Willie", with Pete at the controls as he floats off downstream with the Sorcerer's Crest in hand. The escape scene is based on this scene in Kingdom Hearts 2 (at 20:57):

Your ride vehicle goes into the water while the trio remains on the edge of the shore. You follow the steamboat under a railroad trestle with the train from "Mickey's Choo-Choo" (1929) crossing over it. The trestle, however, weighs down as the train passes below, threatening to crush you! Fortunately, you pass by it in the nick of time, and the trestle weighs back up as the train passes.

Scene 5 - Into the Woods
Passing below the bridge, you head into the great unknown beyond. You see the trio in a raft beside you as they paddle along into a jungle at the opposite shore. A swordfish has jammed itself in the raft and furiously tries to push the raft forward with ramming speed toward this jungle. Here, you find brief vignettes of both "Jungle Rhythm" (1929) and "The Castaway" (1931) at the same time. Featured below are the two shorts:

Here are a few of the vignettes from both cartoons featured:
  • Spiders that raise and lower at will
  • An angry gorilla holding a rock menacingly as if to throw it at you as it frustratingly plays a piano with little ease
  • Three turtles with Mickey, Donald and Goofy all on their backs as they float downriver
  • An accordion hanging from an elephant's tail as a monkey pulls on it while a parrot dances on its keys, creating music
  • A run-in with a lion and a grizzly bear
But there's no sign of Pete or the steamboat anywhere, much less the paintbrush. Worst of all, you are right between the lion and the bear as they both growl at you, forcing a hasty retreat. The bear is actually a link between the jungle and a woodsy forest. You run into these woods with Mickey's group, where they are chased by a moose (as in "The Moose Hunt" (1931) and "Moose Hunters" (1937)), bellowing furiously and trying literally to grab you with its antlers. Then you hear the sinister laugh of Pete's once again as you arrive at a clearing. You go through a "road closed" sign.

Scene 6 - Dynamite Blasting
Beyond the "road closed" sign lies a dynamite blasting site, from "The Delivery Boy" (1931), with boxes of dynamite and barrels of TNT and tar everywhere. Signs warn you of the site in different languages: "Danger! Blasting"; "Mort! (skull and crossbones)"; "Achtung! Dynamite"; "Peligro! T-N-T!" At last, you come upon Pete holding a stick of dynamite:

With a sinister laugh, he lights it and throws it your way and then runs off, the Sorcerer's Crest firmly in his hand. You could try and escape from the lit explosive, except for the fact that Mickey, Donald and Goofy have hidden in a barrel of tar, splashing the stuff out and creating a puddle under your ride vehicle. It's stuck! You can barely move at all! Much to his shock and frustration, Pete was so busy laughing and running that he doesn't look where he is going and he, too, gets stuck in tar. As if that wasn't enough, a black storm cloud rolls up overhead, turning things black while a roaring wind gathers with incredible force.

KABOOM! The dynamite explodes! The effect is seen in the form of strobe lights and explosion imagery, as in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.

Scene 7 - Whirlwind
After the explosion, you find yourself in a circular room, where that black storm of moments before brought with it a tornado (similar to "The Band Concert"). Here, you see Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pete all caught up in the fury of the monster whirlwind as all manner of other random junk fly about everywhere, too, while the William Tell Storm plays in the background, sounding like how it does on the Silly Symphony Swings ride (see the above Wonder House concept).

The force of the storm causes the paintbrush to spew colors everywhere. Mickey grabs the brush just as the storm stops and you fall to now-colorful Earth (using an effect similar to the "falling" effect in Roger Rabbit), Goofy uttering his iconic holler. With everything in color now, your paintbrushes are shut off.

Scene 8 - All Wet
You land in water, where you see Pete swimming for his life as he is chased by no less than three things, each one with one of the trio there: Mickey at the controls of the steamboat from "Steamboat Willie" (wearing his iconic boat cap, obviously), Donald atop an enraged whale (from "The Whalers"), and Goofy surfing a tidal wave (similar to "Hawaiian Holiday").

Around the next bend, Pete is hanging by the boat hook from the steamboat as the trio appear on the shore. The giant brush is in Mickey's hand and he proudly declares the color experiment a success. They wave goodbye as you enter a tunnel (I don't know how), and, similar to the end of the Roger Rabbit ride, you see a huge "The End" title card that you pass through to reach the unload area.

And that was Mickey's Wonderful Whirl of Color, the second Mickey dark ride concept for the Magic Kingdom, and the first for Main Street. Two down, one to go!

In any case, there were a few points where I wasn't sure of how to justify the actions of Pete here or how the ride vehicles could look. Any thoughts there?

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the last ride:

Magician Mickey's Magical Madcap Mania
The third attraction idea I had, which is also planned for the Main Street theater area, is not really my own, but originated from @MANEATINGWREATH. It's based on his concept for "Mickey’s Madcap Magical Adventure". You can read the original concept for it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...open-brainstorming.924777/page-4#post-7600592.

However, there are differences between MEW's idea and mine. First, it will feature Donald as well as Mickey and Goofy, because why not? In the ride, MEW refers to Goofy as the Great Goofini, so Donald in this case will be called Duke Donaldo. Also, the ride vehicles, while still themed around caravans, will also bear some resemblance to the horseless carriage on Main Street:
unspecified-31.jpeg

They will be in different colors, each adorned with one of three names ("Mickey", "Donaldo" or "Goofini"), rather like the Mr. Toad cars. And each will also feature different license plates on the cars, rather like the cars on the Monsters Inc. ride at the CA Adventure. Also, the ride will be renamed "Magician Mickey's Magical Mania" (tentative; I want it to be alliterative, but I couldn't think of any synonyms for "adventure" that start with M), because I want it to be based (however loosely) on the short "Magician Mickey".

As this is MEW's idea and not really mine, I will only do a brief summary of scenes, while adding in Donald. You wend through the lobby queue, as in MEW's idea, and Donald joins Goofy on the PA to address guests to the caravans (although it's mostly Goofy doing the talking).

Aboard your horseless carriage caravan, it quickly goes into the theater and up to a staircase, where Donald and Goofy stand a few steps above, clutching a rustling bag. Mickey waits at the foot of the stairs, his hand on a door that reads "EXIT". They struggles to control the bag, but the bag zips open, and special effects that MEW mentioned happen, increasing the bag's size and swallowing the caravan. Throughout, Donald joins Mickey and Goofy in chitchat.

In the top hat tunnel, Donald is seen riding the rabbit with Mickey and Goofy.

The endless mirrors feature various inanimate objects come to life inside, as a nod to "Thru the Mirror". Speaking of which, the Funhouse of Cards shows some cards dancing around (as well as spinning) to the music from that short, while Donald also clings to a card, like Mickey and Goofy are doing. The rogue playing card in question is a sword-wielding King of Hearts, looking less like the caricature of Charles Laughton as King Henry VIII, and more like this promo artwork below:
thru mirror promo.jpg

The hall of hula hoops would have the fiery hoops near the end, as a climax. Earlier, hoops would be regular ones, with Donald going through one constantly, turning him into different animals, much to his chagrin (another reference to "Magician Mickey"):
11thumb.jpg

The room of a thousand swords is mostly the same, except, again, for Donald's appearance, as is the flooded tank. Salty the seal makes an appearance, as does a whale, resembling the one from "The Whalers":
latest

As they exit the drain, the water flows forth rapidly, and there is a brief scene of Donald grabbing the spare wand, and in his half-audible garble, tries to shout an incantation that somehow causes fireworks to fly forth every which way (an explosion scene of sorts is shown), with the music sounding like the climax of "Magician Mickey", like so (at 10:43):

Somehow, this helps propel the trio and the horseless caravan back out of the bag. When you see the group holding the bag, Mickey thanks Donald for saving them, and Donald says, "Aw, nothin' to it."

And those are my updates to the ride. Again, credit goes out to @MANEATINGWREATH for the original concept.

Now that all three Mickey dark rides are up, what did you think of them? I would really like feedback. More importantly, which one did you like the best? That's what the polls are for. Vote for whichever one you liked the best! I await your results!

spacemt354

Chili's
They all look very nice, well done.

If I had to pick one of them, I'd go with the first one simply because it fits the best in Storybook Circus, imo, which could desperately use a dark ride.

mharrington

Original Poster
They all look very nice, well done.

If I had to pick one of them, I'd go with the first one simply because it fits the best in Storybook Circus, imo, which could desperately use a dark ride.

On the one hand, a dark ride in Storybook Circus would certainly provide something more to do than just Dumbo, a kiddie coaster and some fancy interactive water feature. On the other hand, however, that same argument can be used for Main Street. I think that the magic show concept that MEW came up with and I modified could fit. It certainly would give this Main Street something more worthwhile to do than just vehicles, a train stop, shopping and the parade.

The other thing to consider is that I thought of my idea as also being able to replicate in another park, particularly Paris, because it's so neglected right now. I would do a version of Toontown in that park, except for the fact that that park has a special meet-n-greet for Mickey (replacing a stage show theater):
Meet-Mickey-Mouse-03.jpg

On the inside, the queue winds through a theater playing old cartoons (at least they used to; I don't know if they still do), and the meet spot is similar (if not identical) to the meet spot on Main Street in Florida. Watch this video to see:

As such, I think that meet-n-greet has preempted any need for a Toontown in this park, because I think that that space is as permanent as the meet spot in Florida (after all, they said it was permanent, and I'm inclined to agree with them). Just some stuff to keep in mind.

I'm glad I got a couple of votes, but I would really like more (preferably on others of my ideas), so I can make decisions. I'm thinking of doing another "Magic Kingdom my way" thread, but two votes for the same ride concept (which certainly help) are not nearly enough. And once again, when you do vote, please be sure to explain your choice.

mharrington

Original Poster
So far it seems like "Mickey's Wonder House" has three votes, while "Magician Mickey's Magical Mania" has one, and "Mickey's Wonderful Whirl of Color" has none, which is okay, as I'm not sure on the ride vehicles anyway or even how to get in and out of the movie screen.

However, another difficulty with "Mickey's Wonder House" (although one that can be overcome) is that, going into Storybook Circus, chances are you're going to hear music like this:

(The train station has its own music loop, by the way.)

The challenge is, I want the music (at least in the queue and up to the load area) to sound something like this:

Is it possible to do the music in the second video in the circus style? If so, how? And please keep the votes coming in.

mharrington

Original Poster
One thing about the Wonder House concept that is a little difficult to do is that I would like to replicate this not just for Paris, but for Hong Kong as well, but the Lonesome Ghosts are the main antagonists here. But if Mystic Manor is any indication, the inclusion of ghosts will be difficult, because traditional Chinese culture doesn't seem too kind to humorous depictions of ghosts or the afterlife (Mystic Manor is Hong Kong's equivalent of the Haunted Mansion, after all). So it's going to be difficult, if not impossible, to add the Wonder House ride in there.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm pondering for the Wonder House concept replacing the ghosts as instigators of the mayhem with something else, maybe the orphans (those baby Mickey Mice in nightshirts), or perhaps a duo of Pete and Mortimer Mouse. That would mean a wholesale alteration of scenes and the climax being altered. It also would mean that the interactive element of the ride is taken away, and as such, it would be difficult to differentiate this concept from the Runaway Railway, as both involve Mickey and the gang (granted, Minnie is absent here, but still...). That ride allegedly has the cars becoming separated from each other and the ability to probably dance like the cars in Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters. So this ride needs something more, too, other than just a dark ride. The flashlight concept was a good idea, but it seemed kind of tacked on. I'm not that familiar with the technology, and it just seemed kind of tacked on, as I said. Besides, I'm also thinking of replicating this ride for Hong Kong and Paris, and I don't want to run into any cultural challenges there (in Hong Kong, I mean).

Any ideas to make this different from the Runaway Railway?

mharrington

Original Poster
I have noticed that everyone seems to prefer the House of Wonder concept most (with eight votes), while the Magician Mickey concept only got two votes. Could anyone care to explain why they think one is better than the other? In my opinion, I personally prefer the Magician Mickey concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom