Thoughts on these plans?

DisneyDoug85

So we’ll be in WDW for 4 nights in November, staying at Wilderness Lodge. We’ll be coming off of a 4 night cruise so our first day will be cut a bit short after traveling from port. As of now we have a 3 day park hopper, my goal is to get 1 full day at MK, then split the remaining 2 days between the other 3 parks. On our “off” day we’d like to resort hop a bit to see Xmas decor as well as attend the Mickey Xmas party at MK. I’m also debating on adding a 4th day of park hoppers, what would you all do? We’re used to going for 6-7 nights so multiple trips to each park isn’t an issue, trying to cram as much as possible into 4 days is driving me nuts haha. If it helps I have 2 kids that will be 7 and 4 at the time. Thanks for any help you’re able to give!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So we’ll be in WDW for 4 nights in November, staying at Wilderness Lodge. We’ll be coming off of a 4 night cruise so our first day will be cut a bit short after traveling from port. As of now we have a 3 day park hopper, my goal is to get 1 full day at MK, then split the remaining 2 days between the other 3 parks. On our “off” day we’d like to resort hop a bit to see Xmas decor as well as attend the Mickey Xmas party at MK. I’m also debating on adding a 4th day of park hoppers, what would you all do? We’re used to going for 6-7 nights so multiple trips to each park isn’t an issue, trying to cram as much as possible into 4 days is driving me nuts haha. If it helps I have 2 kids that will be 7 and 4 at the time. Thanks for any help you’re able to give!

Remember that if you are going to the Christmas party, you can get into the park at 4:00 PM and it's usually open to 12:00, so that gives you 8 hours in the park.

Upvote 0

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
Remember that if you are going to the Christmas party, you can get into the park at 4:00 PM and it's usually open to 12:00, so that gives you 8 hours in the park.

Yup, I thought that was the case. So we’d essentially have more than half a day right there as well. Thanks!

Upvote 0

yensid67

3 full days= 1 full day at Magic Kingdom, MVMCP**, Epcot, Animal Kingdom...I would ONLY do DHS. IF you HAVE to do Toy Story Land! Animal Kingdom has the new nighttime Rivers of Light and Avatar, Epcot I would use as a World Showcase time...Frozen(Norway), Donald Duck(Mexico), Characters are now in the countries, and of course Illuminations!
I think MK, EP, AK would be the best use of your days and for your kiddos!

(** Check with Disney about Christmas Party...I was going to take the Keys to the Kingdom tour, they said I had to have Park admission for that day as well as pay for the tour...I don't know if the parties are the same way or not! You may have to plan your party for you MK day evening? I am sure others will chime in and give you some valuable information!

Upvote 0

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
3 full days= 1 full day at Magic Kingdom, MVMCP**, Epcot, Animal Kingdom...I would ONLY do DHS. IF you HAVE to do Toy Story Land! Animal Kingdom has the new nighttime Rivers of Light and Avatar, Epcot I would use as a World Showcase time...Frozen(Norway), Donald Duck(Mexico), Characters are now in the countries, and of course Illuminations!
I think MK, EP, AK would be the best use of your days and for your kiddos!

(** Check with Disney about Christmas Party...I was going to take the Keys to the Kingdom tour, they said I had to have Park admission for that day as well as pay for the tour...I don't know if the parties are the same way or not! You may have to plan your party for you MK day evening? I am sure others will chime in and give you some valuable information!

I have been to the halloween party a couple times....both times I have only needed the party tickets to get in, so im assuming the Christmas party is the same. I'll have to make sure as we get closer though.

I agree that DHS is probably the least "must visit" park...but we would like to see Toy story land and we are a Star Wars family too, so it'll be tough to just not go at all. I'm actually considering the possibility of using the Christmas party as our main stop at magic kingdom. That would save all 3 days worth of our park hoppers for the other parks as well as additional stops at Magic Kingdom after a mid day break etc.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Christmas Party DAY, go to DHS for Toy Story Land...as for Star Wars Galactic fireworks...I would choose which is more important...Illuminations or Star Wars. I would assume you have seen Illuminations a 'few' times, so I would opt to go see Star Wars...something you haven't seen!(?)

Upvote 0

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
Christmas Party DAY, go to DHS for Toy Story Land...as for Star Wars Galactic fireworks...I would choose which is more important...Illuminations or Star Wars. I would assume you have seen Illuminations a 'few' times, so I would opt to go see Star Wars...something you haven't seen!(?)

Either that or spend the first half of that day resort hopping and then do the Christmas party. We’d get our Xmas decor fill, as well as a good chunk of a day at MK, but still have all 3 park hoppers. Yeah I’ve seen illuminations quite a few times, and I’ve seen the Star Wars show once, so I’d probably opt for Star Wars again if I had to choose.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom