Thoughts on these ADR's.....

Tater48

Original Poster
Got some business to take care of in Tampa and Orlando on the 18th and 19th of November, so we decided to just make a mini Vacation out of it. Thanks to Wannabebelle (Marie) from Kingdom Konsultants for helping us get this thing together on a spur of the moment. Anyways, we booked these restaurants for our Dining Pleasure. We have never eaten at any of them so any thoughts are welcomed, good or bad.

17th - Trails End Restaurant
18th - Boma
19th - Cape May Cafe
20th - Yak & Yeti
21st - Kona (Breakfast) Gotta try that Tonga Toast.

becanya

Kona is our favorite, we ate there three time our last trip. Tonga Toast is sooooooooo good, and so is the juice that's a combo of OJ and papaya juice. And I love their breakfast potatoes. We thought Yak and Yeti was just OK...our favorites were the egg rolls and fried Mahi Mahi. The Salmon was also good. But not the honey chicken dishes.

DizneyPryncess

I can only be helpful with Boma & Kona - both are excellent. Kona Cafe is my personal favorite restaurant at Disney. I've had the best service there, great food, and always a good experience. Boma I loved as well, but my husband who is pickier than me wasn't as much of a fan.

Cape May I haven't been to since I was a kid, but I remember loving it then just for the character dining experience alone. We ate there multiple times, so the whole family must have enjoyed it. Have fun. =-)

zurgandfriend

We have eaten at all of these except Yak & yeti.
IMHO these are very good ADRs, they are mostly are buffets so you will get a good variety, including a clam bake and a taste of Africa. Try the Zebra Domes at Boma!
Kona Café is our favorite breakfast spot at WDW. I’m partial to macadamia pineapple pancakes myself, have the press pot of Kona coffee if you are a coffee drinker.
Enjoy!

oommggitskait

I really enjoy Yak and Yeti every time I go there. Although, I am an Asian food junkie(although, this is a very americanized version) and could eat it every day!
I would compare it to a PF Changs; it's good, but Americanized. Most of the chicken dishes are breaded fried nuggets and tossed in different sauces. Still good though! The fried green bean app is yummy!!

ThinkTink721

Trails End Restaurant - Good
Boma - heard it's Great
Cape May Cafe - Good
Yak & Yeti - heard it's Good
Kona (Breakfast) - heard it's Great

harveyt0206

We love Yak and Yeti and had a great meal there last year. Hubby got the salmon and loved it. I got the Chicken Lo Mein and thought it was good too. My favorite part of my meal was the Fried Won tons for dessert. :slurp: I can't wait to get an order again during my March 2011 trip.

We loved Boma too, but we went for breakfast, not dinner.

Kona is da' bomb. One of Disney's most underrated restaurants in my opinion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Trail's End is nothing overwhelming, but I always enjoy the decor inside, and I've never left with an empty stomach from there. And Cape May always puts out a nice spread for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....

mrtoad

Got some business to take care of in Tampa and Orlando on the 18th and 19th of November, so we decided to just make a mini Vacation out of it. Thanks to Wannabebelle (Marie) from Kingdom Konsultants for helping us get this thing together on a spur of the moment. Anyways, we booked these restaurants for our Dining Pleasure. We have never eaten at any of them so any thoughts are welcomed, good or bad.

17th - Trails End Restaurant
18th - Boma
19th - Cape May Cafe
20th - Yak & Yeti
21st - Kona (Breakfast) Gotta try that Tonga Toast.

We have eaten at all of them (though Kona was for dinner not breakfast). Trails End is OK, not bad at all just not awesome or anything. Boma is fantastic, one of my favorites now. Ate there on our last trip and loved it. Cape May Cafe is good but again not spectacular. The food was good and you get as much as you want. Yak and Yeti love it as well. Beautiful building, great food. Kona Cafe, we ate there a few years ago for dinner and I had tuna that was outstanding.

We have eaten at all of them (though Kona was for dinner not breakfast). Trails End is OK, not bad at all just not awesome or anything. Boma is fantastic, one of my favorites now. Ate there on our last trip and loved it. Cape May Cafe is good but again not spectacular. The food was good and you get as much as you want. Yak and Yeti love it as well. Beautiful building, great food. Kona Cafe, we ate there a few years ago for dinner and I had tuna that was outstanding.

Good to know that the tuna was good at Konas because my bf want's to try that out in Jan. And my favorite is def Trails Inn because It's one of the best breakfasts on property in my honest opinion. It was cozy, the biscuits and gravy are just so darn good and all the bear claws you can eat! Well, I stick to one but you get it.

The only food I enjoyed a lot at Bomas was their bobotie, butternut squash soup and their zebra domes. If there was a way to get that, without going to the rest of the buffet, I'd be all set. I know the zebra domes are at Sanna.

And the only thing I go to Yak and Yeti is their wontons and snow cone martini selections. Other then that, sounds like a good plan!

mrtoad

Good to know that the tuna was good at Konas because my bf want's to try that out in Jan. And my favorite is def Trails Inn because It's one of the best breakfasts on property in my honest opinion. It was cozy, the biscuits and gravy are just so darn good and all the bear claws you can eat! Well, I stick to one but you get it.

The only food I enjoyed a lot at Bomas was their bobotie, butternut squash soup and their zebra domes. If there was a way to get that, without going to the rest of the buffet, I'd be all set. I know the zebra domes are at Sanna.

And the only thing I go to Yak and Yeti is their wontons and snow cone martini selections. Other then that, sounds like a good plan!

Mind you I had the tuna about 5 years ago so might be a different recipe. It was seared tuna and so good. :slurp:

Mind you I had the tuna about 5 years ago so might be a different recipe. It was seared tuna and so good. :slurp:

5 years ago!!? :lol: It is a different recipe indeed but I've heard nothing but good reviews from it. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Served with fried green tomatoes, tempura-fried jumbo lump crab, and wasabi hollandaise. My bf doesn't care for crab, so he might not get it. I'm hoping he will so he can give me the lump crab. I've always wanted to try Cape May as well. Were the desserts ok there?

5.1253620532.tuna-oscar-at-kona-cafe.jpg

[/FONT]

mrtoad

5 years ago!!? :lol: It is a different recipe indeed but I've heard nothing but good reviews from it. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Served with fried green tomatoes, tempura-fried jumbo lump crab, and wasabi hollandaise. My bf doesn't care for crab, so he might not get it. I'm hoping he will so he can give me the lump crab. I've always wanted to try Cape May as well. Were the desserts ok there?

5.1253620532.tuna-oscar-at-kona-cafe.jpg

[/FONT]

that picture just made me starvin'..... :)

The deserts looked great at Cape May Cafe but I personally did not get to have any. My 2 year old had hit shelf life and I had to take her outside. :lol:

My wife and older daughters said they were good. Mostly they are small finger sized deserts if I remember correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom