Thoughts on the Treehouses

Phonedave

Original Poster
We just got back from a week in a treehouse villa (June 21 - 28 , 2014).

Just some thoughts.

- Nice units, love the layout, and plenty of space.

- Apparently the fold out couch is not too comfortable - I didn't sleep on it, but others did.

- We were in a handicapped accesable unit, so we had a zero threshold shower. Not sure all have them, but ours had a kerdi drain. Not a big deal for anyone who has never built a shower, but if you have, then you know that Disney went first class with their shower and built them bulletproof.

- Despite seeing Cast Members spraying often, there are still some bugs out there that will take a good chunk out of you if you want to sit on your deck in the evening.

- Bussing, in a word, stinks. I would have liked to see a bus stop at the enterance to the villas, where all park busses stop. Comming back from the parks, passing the entrance to the treehouses, having to go to the four internal stops at SSR, getting off at the Springs only to wait for a bus to take be back to where we drove past 30 minutes ago on our way in is maddening. We loved the treehoue and grounds, and normaly we don't mind WDW bussing, but the way the treehouse busing is arranged and then need to transfer a bus, it is horrible.

-dave

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The buses are cr@p. We left Epcot after my wife (well I had a drink to finish) and were still in the treehouse when they got back. We got off the park bus at the 1st stop and walked over the golf course.

Hated the battle for parking slots too, the downside of using the car as often as we did.

Phonedave

Original Poster
The buses are cr@p. We left Epcot after my wife (well I had a drink to finish) and were still in the treehouse when they got back. We got off the park bus at the 1st stop and walked over the golf course.

Hated the battle for parking slots too, the downside of using the car as often as we did.

My wife and two of the kids left AK more than an hour before my other daughter and I left.

The got back to the treehouse about 10 minutes before we did.

I have no problem crossing the golf course but most of the other people in our group would not be up for it.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom