Thoughts on online dining reservations

cndrellagrl

I'm almost at my 90 day mark to make my ADRs. For those who have used the online reservations system for ADRS - what are your thoughts? Do you have a preference of online or by phone and why?
Also, does anyone know if I can make my ADRs online at midnight of the 90 day mark?
Thanks for your thoughts and help!

Pooh Lover

I was more than happy making mine online in June. All in all it didn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes and I'm sure I would have probably waited easily that long on the phone before someone got to me. Plus, you can begin online at 6:00 a.m. versus 7:00 to call. Very pleased and no problems.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

My 90 day for ADR's is tomorrow morning and i was going to try the online booking for the 1st time. But since some of our meals will have 12 of us, I have to call disney dining and do it that way. I kind of feel more secure actually speaking to a CM over the phone anyway and making adrs.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I did this for our Sept trip and once I put in the ressie # I was able to do all days at the 90 day mark from day one. I loved doing it on-line. If your exact time frame wasn't available it would give you other times on that day to choose from, which you don't always get speaking directly with a CM. There have been times when I have asked for a specific time, say 5:00 pm, on the phone and was told no availability but then I have had to ask - is there anything within a half an hour of that time and I get "oh, there is a 5:05 pm; but unless I asked the CM wasn't going to tell me that. So for me to be able to see the date and times and search it myself is wonderful. It only took minutes and at my leisure. Give it a try!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

I found that it only gave alternate times in a day within an hour or so.

Example, 6pm request would tell me that there is nothing available at this place. If I put in 8pm, I got offers from 7:30, 7:50, 8:10 ect.

Kind of frustrating.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I think online ADRs are fantastic. It seemed much more convenient than having to call to do so, and I had no trouble with the system at all.

Upvote 0

fredtom

I've used the online system extensively this week to book our Nov. dining and would recommend it. It was necessary to call when one particular restaurant was consistently showing no availability. Also, Kouzzina, the new Greek restaurant by Chef Cat Cora replacing Spoodles, is not yet in the system. So, you will need to call if you want to book there.

I found the online system convenient and easy to use and think it's a great option to have now, although I did miss the personal interaction with the CM's.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

mickey7879

I called to make most of my reservations. (I don't think the system was up and running when I could make reservations) But once online reservation was open I get on there and do it. SOOOO much easier if you ask me. I can look for myself and see what's available and not wait for someone else to do it for me. We're now staying longer than we had originally planned, so I have to change some of our reservations. I can just get online and see what's available and book it and mess with our schedule. Easier to rearrange your schedule when you aren't on the phone with someone.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

Only complaint I have is that I had to wake up at 4:50am my time to make them so I had time to log on and wake up enough to type :ROFLOL: But it went very smoothly. You can put in your confirmation number so all ADR's are associated with your trip and it took 20 min. max! Wonderful! And then you get an email within seconds confirming your ADR's. I highly recommend it.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Yesterday I tried making some and it kept saying an error had occured. When I was finally able to get in and put some ressies in my cart, by the time I went to check out (which wasn't long) the page just went blank. I tried refreshing it and hitting the back button but it lost all I was trying to make. Finally when it worked, those times were gone that I wanted. Not a huge deal, just frustrating when I was writing everything down to come up with some sort of schedule and the time would change by 5 mins or an hr.

Upvote 0

lisa2465

O.K. here is another stupid question, to make the ADR's do you go to the same web site as on-line check in or is it another site. What can I say never have done the on-line stuff for WDW before.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I'm almost at my 90 day mark to make my ADRs. For those who have used the online reservations system for ADRS - what are your thoughts? Do you have a preference of online or by phone and why?
Also, does anyone know if I can make my ADRs online at midnight of the 90 day mark?
Thanks for your thoughts and help!

It is BRILLIANT, i had 3 ressies for my last trip in july before it, and because of the online system i ended up with 12 ressies for my 3 week stay, The BEST addition to a disney vacation!!!

Upvote 0

sleepybear

I found it very easy to use. The only thing that tripped me up was their listing of alternative restaurants. When I typed in 8 p.m. at Artist Point, it gave me two times close to 8 p.m. and, for reasons unknown, an 8 p.m. at Whispering Canyon. I wasn't quite paying attention and that's the one I picked! I realized the mistake quick enough, but it certainly threw me off.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I was a little nervouse about using the online system to book but I got up at 6:00 am and was able to book everything that I wanted except Kouzzina. I called to check on that after I made the ressies and verified that all the ADRs were there. I loved it it is much better than staying on hold forever when calling at 7:00 am. If I were you I would try it at 6:00 then if it doesn't work for ya you can still call at 7:00.

Upvote 0

thetodd

I love the system, I made all of our ADR's within about 10 mins., and was even able to go back about 20 minutes later and make one or two changes. Surely beats waiting on hold for a CM. I have to admit I was skeptical when I first heard about it but once we hit our 90 day mark I logged on first thing in the a.m., 7:01 to be exact and flew right through it. We got everything we wanted and very close to our desired times give or take 5 minutes or so.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom