Thoughts on Narcoossee’s

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Never been there, and have a reservation for our upcoming trip. For those of you who have dined there, what are your thoughts on the food? Also, how was the atmosphere and environment in there? I have looked at the photos online and I can’t tell whether it looks like anything special or not.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Chi84

Premium Member
We tried it once and would definitely go back. The food was good, and the service was excellent. I can’t say the atmosphere was anything spectacular. It was very lively.

castlecake2.0

Went in January, food was great, service was excellent! Atmosphere was lively but in a good way, nothing crazy. As for the actual dining room it felt a little 90s Disney, probably due for a refresh soon. We got “dressed up” and started at enchanted rose for drinks then walked over for dinner. Definitely a nice evening!

HouCuseChickie

We've been once...really liked the atmosphere and the service was great. Food was decent, but no real wows for us either...although, I do recall liking the calamari quite a bit.

15684301538_a882698fda.jpg

DisAl

That all looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
In addition to that we had the shrimp and grits appetizer and some sort of chocolate thing for desert (don't remember what is was called) that were both absolutely delicious. Sorry I don't have a photo of the shrimp and grits. That was gone before I had the presence of mind to get the camera out.....
I don't see the entre and desert items on their menu right now but maybe they will have them when you go.
DSCN5574.JPG

Chi84

Premium Member
In addition to that we had the shrimp and grits appetizer and some sort of chocolate thing for desert (don't remember what is was called) that were both absolutely delicious. Sorry I don't have a photo of the shrimp and grits. That was gone before I had the presence of mind to get the camera out.....
I don't see the entre and desert items on their menu right now but maybe they will have them when you go.
View attachment 553552
Is it just me, or is that not the most attractive presentation?

DisAl

Is it just me, or is that not the most attractive presentation?
Well, now that you mention it it does bring about some thoughts that are less than appetizing. Maybe that is why it is not on the current menu. I bet the people in the kitchen laughed every time they made one of these....
To be honest though it was so good I never thought about the presentation at the time. :rolleyes:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've had dinner at Narcoosee's. It was good. All things considered, I prefer Citricos. That' just me, though.
Well there I agree...

anecdotal...but the bartender at boardwalk I spoke to a month ago was at citricos before the shutdown and was moved...he said that it was supposedly to get “a new concept”

probably not a good sign

UNCgolf

For what they do, you can do better off-property.

Convenience aside, 95% of Disney's kitchen are cooking mid-grade at best.

Indeed, but going off property is an annoyance if you're staying on-site. There's a lot of pretty good food at Disney Springs, though (several of the QS places there are better than the majority of the TS restaurants at the parks/resorts), and eating at some of the themed restaurants is part of the Disney experience for me. However, I don't go to Disney all that often (too many other things to do); I'd probably feel differently if I was going yearly or multiple times a year like some people.

The only truly excellent meal I've had at a Disney restaurant in my last two trips was Flying Fish, but I don't know if it's still at that level. Even California Grill was just kind of above average; it was fine but nowhere near as good as what I had at Flying Fish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom