Thoughts on my trip June 21-28

Hey Everyone. Just returned from my weeklong trip to Disney. Trip was great and everyone had a blast. Our cruise aboard the Grand One was canceled due to a gas line problem. We were disappointed, but glad it didn’t happen while we were cruising. Instead of a whole trip report, here are just some general/random thoughts.

Pop Century:
In general, I liked the resort, but there were a few issues. Management doesn’t do a good job enforcing the pool hours and it gets really noisy at night after midnight almost every night. Not big deal if you could sleep, but the walls are paper-thin and you hear the pool and both neighbors easily. Is it just me or do the refillable mugs get smaller and smaller? Also, the bus system and parking are both horrible. We waited 45 minutes to be picked up at blizzard beach and an hour and a half to get back to Pop after the MK closed. Only a few times where we lucked out and got on right as the bus came, but every time we ended up standing. Too many people at this resort not to run more busses. I'll be heading back to the contemporary next time and spend the money...its worth it.

MK:
Mickey’s Philharmagic was really well done. Great show. Park was very crowded both days we visited, but was still manageable with fastpass. I loved Wishes. Hate to admit it, but missed IASW ; )

MGM:
New facades on the backlot are looking nice. Saw the stunt show in Paris, so I can’t wait for it to come to the states. It’s a great show. Hopefully Fantasmic will be changed during its next rehab. The pocahontas seen is bad and the streaming of Disney characters on the water screens is too long. Disneyland did it right the first time and is still a better show all around.

AK:
We didn’t stay long here long due to the heat, but was nice to see Everest up close. The pics that have been posted really don’t due it justice. Going to be a nice addition. Rode Kali for the first time in a long time due to a 10 min wait. I really don’t like to slam Disney rides, but this ride is a bust. Other than the really nice drop, the rest is just BORING. My 5 year old nephew said it was short and boring…yikes.

Epcot:
Mission space was definitely a highlight. Everyone really enjoyed it. Cast member asked if I wanted to know some trivia for MS. He told me that they keep it really cold inside to reduce nausea. No one in our party of 16 felt any sickness at all after riding it twice. Funny thing was that I was able to ride it twice and didn’t get to ride TT due to the long lines. TT Fast pass times were really late, standby was 2 hours and single rider was over an hour. We broke down and rode Imagination. The train sequence scared the kids and the adults thought it was “cute” but wouldn’t ride it again. Does this ride appeal to anyone?

Blizzard Beach:
Great day to to cool off, but the park was filled to capacity and the lines were crazy. 1 hour and 45 min to ride down summit plummit and you couldn’t find a tube in the lazy river. So, we just floated without one. Was still fun.

Universal:
Just quickly, got the chance to ride the mummy. Very fun ride (still like spiderman better though). Just an FYI, this ride is plagued with technical problems. Just because it’s running doesn’t mean you may get to see it the way its meant to be seen. The first ride in the morning was great and everything appeared to be working. The rest of the day, it was always closed when we’d go by. We got to ride again right before the park closed, but it was a let down as nothing seemed to be working and timing was off. I talked to an employee and they said it had been down no less than 15 times and they hadn’t been there all day. Sounds like they jumped the gun on its grand opening.

I’ll have some photos up soon from the trip. Guess its time to start planning the next one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom