Thoughts on LOS Reservations (And Comfort of Beds)

Which DVC Villas do you feel have the most comfortable beds?

• Saratoga Springs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DAK Lodge

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Beach Club

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

MGMBoy

Original Poster
Hey guys. We are going to be going to the Mouse House in January with a lot of family and currently have 3 villas booked at home properties (1 2 Bedroom @ DAKL & 1 2 Bedroom and 1 Studio @ SSR). We are planning to check in on 1/1 and leave the morning of 1/11 (-ish). Here is my quandary. The 7 month window opens up in a week and we are hoping to book something a little more centrally located (Boardwalk, Beach Club or maybe Riviera). From everything I am seeing, it looks like the first 3 nights are pretty booked up (end of Christmas Break) but it looks like availability starts to open up on Saturday the 4th. My options are:

~Keep existing reservations and not move (least preferable).
~Move reservations for the first 7 nights when the window opens (assuming availability) and hope that they are still available for the remaining 3 nights.
~Keep the existing reservations for the first 3 nights and then attampt to book the other 7 all at once when that window opens.

My thoughts are, if the room is available for the Wednesday-Friday nights of Christmas Break then odds are pretty dang good that they would also be available for the same nights the following week but it's a tough call.

What do you guys think? Also, do any of you have strong opinions one way or the other about Boardwalk as opposed to Beach Club? I would ask about Riviera but obviously can't yet. ;)

correcaminos

To answer the question, our most comfortable beds out of those were at BCV, but not by much. Boardwalk was better than prior to the update they did a few years ago. SSR I think will likely be the worst bet since they are due to refurb later this year.

The biggest problem with BWV is that they are all lock offs for the 2 bedrooms. BCV is the smallest resort. I would move you all to the same resort but that's it. I'm honestly not sure what I'd try to do but would be easier if you all were in the same resort I think?

But BCV vs BWV? I lean BWV now. BCV is small, bad balconies all around. No views at all. Worst of the two for food options and not as close to Swalphin that has good food. The pool is crowed when warm, but not bad when no one is there. BWV has the CH which is great for colder days. Over all except for lack of 2 bedroom dedicated at BWV I prefer it to BCV. Over the years I flop on that ;)

MGMBoy

Original Poster
To answer the question, our most comfortable beds out of those were at BCV, but not by much. Boardwalk was better than prior to the update they did a few years ago. SSR I think will likely be the worst bet since they are due to refurb later this year.

The biggest problem with BWV is that they are all lock offs for the 2 bedrooms. BCV is the smallest resort. I would move you all to the same resort but that's it. I'm honestly not sure what I'd try to do but would be easier if you all were in the same resort I think?

But BCV vs BWV? I lean BWV now. BCV is small, bad balconies all around. No views at all. Worst of the two for food options and not as close to Swalphin that has good food. The pool is crowed when warm, but not bad when no one is there. BWV has the CH which is great for colder days. Over all except for lack of 2 bedroom dedicated at BWV I prefer it to BCV. Over the years I flop on that ;)

Yeah. Personally, I am not a fan of Lock-Offs either. I'm hoping, as we get closer to the 7 month window, that people will move over to Riviera and open up some availability elsewhere. We may try to get DAK Lodge for the entire time but I'm also leaning toward the Riviera because we will likely have family staying at Pop Century and it would be fun to all be staying on the Skyliner line but I am wondering just how efficient it is going to be.

correcaminos

Yeah. Personally, I am not a fan of Lock-Offs either. I'm hoping, as we get closer to the 7 month window, that people will move over to Riviera and open up some availability elsewhere. We may try to get DAK Lodge for the entire time but I'm also leaning toward the Riviera because we will likely have family staying at Pop Century and it would be fun to all be staying on the Skyliner line but I am wondering just how efficient it is going to be.

With the time of year, I think you'll have less availability actually. Riviera might open up though as rooms are declared - I find it easier to book hard to get rooms at resorts when they are not fully declared vs after being sold out.

correcaminos

LOL! I was actually using it as "Length of Stay" since I'm not sure about getting the same resort for the entire 10 nights. :p
LOL, I followed. They used to do LOS passes so I'm still stuck with that in my head.

Split stays aren't bad if you are there long enough for each location IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom