Thoughts on Disney Springs hotels having Magic Hours privileges?

mikewdw

Original Poster
Wondered about opinions on this topic and also reasons why Disney would allow this option for non Disney Hotels?
mikewdw

DisneyJoe

Fewer guests in Disney resorts due to construction at CBR/CSR and possibly others, this reduces park attendance. Giving emh at these 7 good neighbor resorts will offset that.

epcotisbest

I think it is great. Over the years we have stayed at several of those hotels and always wondered why people staying there did not get more perks. The location, within walking distance of DS is hard to beat. We often either start a trip with a day or two there, or somewhere offsite, or end a longer trip with a day or two there.
Perhaps extending perks to those hotels might bring in more people who would otherwise stay offsite.

JIMINYCR

Its a win for Disney because its a way of bringing in more guests who will have more hours devoted to spending their money. Its a loss for resort guests because they are having more people entering the parks, filling up lines, and using privileges that were once a unique perk for booking an onsite room. It also opens up more competition for booking FP+ choices. Using EMH's, you once could get a lot done before crowds entered the parks, or staying later do more as guests departed, now it will make it much harder to ride popular attractions.

Surfin' Tuna

I'm going to guess that it only lasts during 2018.

My guess is that Disney is being compensated by the good neighbor hotels for this perk. If they are generating revenue, why would they stop it? My first thought was, why would people pay the extra money (since rooms are generally more affordable at this hotels) to stay in the Disney resort hotels. Then I realized, Disney will still fill those resorts, so why not make even more money by selling the perks to those hotels.

It does bother me that it means more people booking FP at the 60 day mark and more people at EMH, but our complaints will likely not get it changed by Disney. I'm just surprised it took them this long to implement it. It's truly a win/win for Disney and those hotels. The guests at those hotels might win in a sense, but they will be granted access to more and more crowded EMH.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
My guess is that Disney is being compensated by the good neighbor hotels for this perk. If they are generating revenue, why would they stop it? My first thought was, why would people pay the extra money (since rooms are generally more affordable at this hotels) to stay in the Disney resort hotels. Then I realized, Disney will still fill those resorts, so why not make even more money by selling the perks to those hotels.

It does bother me that it means more people booking FP at the 60 day mark and more people at EMH, but our complaints will likely not get it changed by Disney. I'm just surprised it took them this long to implement it. It's truly a win/win for Disney and those hotels. The guests at those hotels might win in a sense, but they will be granted access to more and more crowded EMH.

I am pretty sure 60 day FP+ were already given to the "Good Neighbor" hotels back in October.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Oops. This is where I would normally say something witty to cover up this mistake, but I got nothing.

Now my turn for opps. I just found the article I read on that other site. It was announced in October but it states Disney will implement it before the end of the year. So it may not be active yet.

correcaminos

I am pretty sure 60 day FP+ were already given to the "Good Neighbor" hotels back in October.
It was rumored back in October. It was confirmed this month :)

Hilton Lake Buena Vista even offered EMH benefits to guests up until sometime in 2015.
And in the past other resorts had it. We had a few stays at Hotel Royal Plaza that had the early entry perks.

Lirael

It makes me angry. Why am I then paying a premium for a Disney resort? Now that they are taking away much of the room theming, you may as well stay in a Disney Springs resort.
You're paying a premium for the safety that comes with knowing a housekeeper can walk in on you at any moment because "DND" signs are no longer included in the cheap you price you pay for a disney resort :)

'Joking' aside, Disney seems to be betting on location and atmosphere: that people will still prefer to pay more to stay closer to the parks and within the 'magic', because when it comes to transportation these resorts also have constant shuttle service.

That or they're trying to real in people who weren't keen on staying on property anyway and without perks might have stayed at/near Universal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom