Those of you who bring breakfast from home to eat in the room...

Weather_Lady

Breakfast items we've brought in the past (never all at the same time, LOL) include:

- KIND bars, CLIF bars, or Fiber One bars (candidly, my breakfast of choice on vacation is nearly always a Fiber One bar, which is light-yet-filling and helps keep my tummy happy and my digestive system moving, which is especially important since I'm probably eating a lot of "treat yo' self" rich and exotic foods for lunch and dinner that are NOT part of my usual diet at home)
- Fresh fruit (apples and oranges travel well, or we get them delivered as part of an Amazon Prime Now grocery delivery)
- Bagels (we buy cream cheese on-site or have it delivered - my kids eat them raw, but I like to toast mine: I put the slices cut-side up, cover them with a sheet of tin foil, and give them a quick toasting by placing the in-room clothing iron on top of them for a couple minutes, if we're staying in a non-DVC room sans toaster)
- Mini cereal boxes (we purchase milk onsite or have it delivered, and bring lightweight reusable plastic bowls and spoons)
- Homemade "Lunchables" with sausage sticks, crackers, cheese and mustard (selections that don't spoil easily in transit, like the kinds you'd get in a Pepperidge Farms holiday gift box)
- Dried fruit packs (e.g., yogurt-covered raisins, dried cranberries, or just dried fruit mixes)
- Emerald "Breakfast on the Go" granola/nut pouches
- ...and after the first day, there's often the option of breakfasting on restaurant leftovers from the day before!

On our next trip, DH, who spent the winter losing over 40 pounds and plans to stay on his present Keto/low-carb diet, has requested access to things like eggs and bacon (!??!). So in addition to adding eggs and precooked bacon to the grocery delivery order, we'll be bringing one of these little 6" electric mini griddles so he can cook an egg or two in the morning. It's tiny enough for me to squeeze right into my carryon - and per one creative Youtuber who did a video on it, can also be used to toast bagels and bread.
Amazon product ASIN B010XQZIBQ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Mini packs of cereal (get milk from the store).
Bagels (toast them in the food court if necessary) with cream cheese or whatever else you like.
Brioch buns with whatever you like.
Buy pastries the night before!
Make a fruit salad.
Yoghurt

Upvote 1

Worldlover71

We bring fruit and cereal (with paper bowls) from home and buy milk at the gift shop. That's what we eat at home so it works for us on vacation as well. We do get Mickey waffles at least once per trip though!

Upvote 1

Tony the Tigger

Mmm...banana! 🍌

2889BA74-5F54-429D-9D23-8E8E31E629E9.jpeg

Upvote 0

John park hopper

We drive and bring a small microwave, now some will say you can't do that but we have never had a problem. We bring sausage biscuits, pastries to heat up, cereal and milk. Drinks in a cooler and fresh fruit

Upvote 0

Ricky Spanish

We have been bringing breakfast for awhile.
We make our own oatmeal packs.
Fruit, juice, (Aldi)fruit and nut bars.
Pop tarts are a treat.
We don‘t bring cereal any more.

Upvote 0

Michaelson

If you have a microwave in the room, and a small fridge or cooler to keep them in, Jimmy Dean 'Scramblers'.

Those have been our 'go-to' breakfast before heading to the parks for a few years now.

Regards! Michaelson

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

We've done our own breakfast bowls that we make up the day before and keep in the fridge. Take them out and microwave them before heading out. This along with an array of fresh fruit.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Are microwaves available for rent upon request?

I'm staying in a standard room not DVC so no microwave or toaster in the room. Just the mini fridge.

A lot of posters have mentioned items that require more than just the mini fridge which is why I ask.

I was hoping for suggestions more room temp friendly ready to eat.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

I'm staying in a standard room not DVC so no microwave or toaster in the room. Just the mini fridge.

A lot of posters have mentioned items that require more than just the mini fridge which is why I ask.

You can always use the microwaves in food courts / QS restaurants. I realise that might take you out of your way if you’re trying to make a quick get away. But most suggestions only require a fridge.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'm not sure where you're staying, but I think microwaves are available at some Disney hotels on request subject to availability, so you can ask when you check in, but can't count on getting one. I know I read a trip report just today where a guest at the Contemporary was rejoicing that when she called the front desk to borrow a microwave, they had one available. I know you can borrow them, when available, at the Polynesian as well. If you're not staying at either of those, you may have to Google around to find the policy specific to your resort.

In the absence of a microwave, you will have to stick to room-temperature or refrigerated options, bring your own small cooking appliance, or rely on "hotel room cooking hacks" that require the off-label use of a clothing iron or coffeemaker. Hopefully there are enough options listed above that there will something in the ready-to-eat or combine-with-refrigerated-item categories that appeals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks everyone.
I'm staying at Poly so perhaps a microwave would be available.
The main reason we eat in the room is that we are not the type of people that want to go down to the food court that early in the morning. We need time to wake up before experiencing the insanity.
Staying CL at Contemporary was such an amazing experience because we could get a full breakfast without the fuss.
So having to go to a food court in order to heat up some oatmeal or toast a bagel defeats the purpose lol.
Meh maybe this time since we're not on a dining plan and more just eating as we please and with the fact that there's mobile ordering now at most places we'll do that and just have to dash in and out of the food court instead of waiting in a line to get food and then waiting in a line to pay for it.
I'll be sure to bring some in room items in case we really just can't handle the food court madness lol.

Upvote 0

pixie225

I pack the small variety package of cereal boxes for hubby. For daughter I make up small baggies - each with a plastic spoon inside- of Honey Nut Cheerios. We will pick up some diet Snapple and water before we get to the Contemporary on 5/1. I might pack some muesli for myself.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

In the past we’ve brought protein drinks, protein bars, cereal bars, water, fruit, yogurt, bagels, and peanut butter. We also drive so it’s easier to pack that stuff. 🙂 (Not all that at the same time, lol 😁)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom