Thomas Cook - going bust!

DreamalittleDisney

Heya

Weve got our May 2020 trip booked with Thomas Cook.

Full package with flights, hotel, tickets and dining I know we are covered by ATOL but really need the booking as it's my Mums 60th birthday trip!

Anyone had an experience of this and how best to deal?

nickys

Premium Member
My advice would be to go ahead and book a room now. Don’t worry about tickets and flights just yet, but just ensure you have the room(s) you need.

I really hope everything works out for you.

Upvote 0

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
My advice would be to go ahead and book a room now. Don’t worry about tickets and flights just yet, but just ensure you have the room(s) you need.

I really hope everything works out for you.
Thanks I've written to WDW Holidays and explained as they've already got the reservation if they would confirm they will honour this if I pay them direct then I'd just have to sort flights

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thomas did officially collapse today and ceased all operations.

Since September is typically “Brit Month” in wdw...I can imagine that there are more than a few there now that will feel this hardship. Good luck to them all.

Upvote 0

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Sept is not really Brit Month as the kids have all gone back to school from Summer hols normally by the first week of Sept, they tend to go late July through Aug, I tend to go later Sept or early Oct as the kids have gone back to school and its also cheaper :p

But it does suck that Thomas Cook has ceased trading and will be a nightmare for anyone away.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

So sorry for all of you who have been affected by this massive collapse and the issues its causing you to find a way to rebook/ reschedule/ realign plans so your WDW trip can happen. What frustrations.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
Thomas did officially collapse today and ceased all operations.

Since September is typically “Brit Month” in wdw...I can imagine that there are more than a few there now that will feel this hardship. Good luck to them all.
I am on a FB group for the Port Orleans resorts. A couple of people have posted that Disney is working to get them re-booked on other flights so they do not have to cancel their trip. One family was re-booked, but their flight is no longer direct; they now have a 90 min. stopover once they reach the states. It appears that the re-bookings are being prioritized based on the amount of time before they are due to travel here. You're right. Hardship and anxiety felt all around. Can't imagine what the TC employees feel at this point.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I am on a FB group for the Port Orleans resorts. A couple of people have posted that Disney is working to get them re-booked on other flights so they do not have to cancel their trip. One family was re-booked, but their flight is no longer direct; they now have a 90 min. stopover once they reach the states. It appears that the re-bookings are being prioritized based on the amount of time before they are due to travel here. You're right. Hardship and anxiety felt all around. Can't imagine what the TC employees feel at this point.
Whoa! I'd be concerned about a 90 minute layover considering how slow customs and immigration can be...

Upvote 0

yensid67

WHAT A MESS!!!! I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE HAVING TO REBOOK, ETC AND HAVE THEIR ANXIETY AND STRESS LEVELS GOING UP! GOOD LUCK GUYS~KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!!!!!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Whoa! I'd be concerned about a 90 minute layover considering how slow customs and immigration can be...

The minimum recommended layover at a US Hub airport from most airlines and TAs in the U.K. is 2 hours, and even that freaks me out.

I’d rather have 3 hrs to clear customs, clear immigration and get through security again.

It’s different at a Hub like Rejkavik, where you’re just in transit and not dealing with officialdom.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom