This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

GatorGuy

Mariah Carey should perform 'All I Want for Christmas is You' (especially it being the 20th anniversary of the song) and redeem herself for the Rockefeller performance. It's a well established fact that she can sing, she was just having an off night!
*It will be kinda awkward if she performs and Nick Cannon hosts.*

yensid67

I am not oppsed to a FROZEN-fied Christmas parade. But I have not seen the movie, yet I know of it's popularity. I think Disney should make that parade the last big woo haa for it and let it SLOWLY fizzle away after the holidays, because something else will be popular next year and they can focus the 2015 Christmas parade on that!

Margaret411

Does anyone know who the performers are going to be for the Disney World Christmas taping tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday?? Any information on a host or special guests?

Matt_Black

I am not oppsed to a FROZEN-fied Christmas parade. But I have not seen the movie, yet I know of it's popularity. I think Disney should make that parade the last big woo haa for it and let it SLOWLY fizzle away after the holidays, because something else will be popular next year and they can focus the 2015 Christmas parade on that!

Well, so far, nothing has come close to Frozen's popularity. MAYBE Avengers 2 when that drops, but they won't be using that for the Christmas parade.

Kman101

Princesses are guaranteed hits. Merida, Tiana and Rapunzel remain very popular but they're overshadowed by the new kids on the block. Between the sisters aspect/princess/queen aspect and Olaf, I totally get it's popularity (and timing is everything, it just probably hit at the right time). I personally like Olaf and he's probably a character I'd actually wait in line for (Baymax, Chip and Dale and Jack Skellington being the others, maybe Flynn Rider, and possibly some villains but the lines for the villains are just too darn long for me considering they usually aren't regular).

But it's too bad there hasn't been a Wall-E presence, an UP presence (I suppose that could be coming?), a better Tangled and Princess & the Frog presence ... All of them are practically begging for attractions or shows. Disney just chose not to do much with them.

And Guardians of the Galaxy was a surprise blockbuster. Where's that attraction being rushed at? Oh, right. Nowhere.

Matt_Black

Princesses are guaranteed hits. Merida, Tiana and Rapunzel remain very popular but they're overshadowed by the new kids on the block. Between the sisters aspect/princess/queen aspect and Olaf, I totally get it's popularity (and timing is everything, it just probably hit at the right time). I personally like Olaf and he's probably a character I'd actually wait in line for (Baymax, Chip and Dale and Jack Skellington being the others, maybe Flynn Rider, and possibly some villains but the lines for the villains are just too darn long for me considering they usually aren't regular).

But it's too bad there hasn't been a Wall-E presence, an UP presence (I suppose that could be coming?), a better Tangled and Princess & the Frog presence ... All of them are practically begging for attractions or shows. Disney just chose not to do much with them.

And Guardians of the Galaxy was a surprise blockbuster. Where's that attraction being rushed at? Oh, right. Nowhere.

Wall-E might be difficult to do. Up is represented in AK with the Wilderness Explorer's activities and the Russel & Dug meet & greet. Guardians? It's possible that there might be some contractual issues (Uni) preventing them. The preview and the dance party at Villains Unleashed is one thing, but a long-term meet & greet or an attraction might be a bit thornier. They might be waiting to see what the reception the upcoming animated series and sequel before risking anything.

PhotoDave219

Mariah Carey should perform 'All I Want for Christmas is You' (especially it being the 20th anniversary of the song) and redeem herself for the Rockefeller performance. It's a well established fact that she can sing, she was just having an off night!
*It will be kinda awkward if she performs and Nick Cannon hosts.*

Neither of those people will be here.

PhotoDave219

Does anyone know who the performers are going to be for the Disney World Christmas taping tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday?? Any information on a host or special guests?

There's an entire thread dedicated to this.

Your guest might be a female popstar whose name I can't remember. Might be that Ariana grande but it may not be because I just don't remember. (Nor do I care.)

As for the hosts? ABC morning show hosts, last I heard.

PhotoDave219

Ugh, Ariana Grande. Who from the morning show? That annoying Lara Spencer?

Like I said, I don't remember 100% who is the musical guest is but that stuck in my head for whatever reason…

I'm not sure if they change the morning show host but it one point I was told it was the folks from good morning America.

Kman101

Wall-E might be difficult to do. Up is represented in AK with the Wilderness Explorer's activities and the Russel & Dug meet & greet. Guardians? It's possible that there might be some contractual issues (Uni) preventing them. The preview and the dance party at Villains Unleashed is one thing, but a long-term meet & greet or an attraction might be a bit thornier. They might be waiting to see what the reception the upcoming animated series and sequel before risking anything.

I do get the possible issue with Guardians of the Galaxy (which is annoying, LOL). I'd love to see that represented in a ride though. Same with Big Hero 6 actually. I actually didn't even think of a meet and greet for GoTG.

I know UP is represented, which is nice. I'm just being greedy in wanting an attraction, LOL

WALL-E screams "Future World" or "Tomorrowland" to me, to a degree. I can see your point in it might not be super easy to come up with something for that, but I'm sure they could.

SwooshOU

Well, we stayed the night up in Orlando Sunday night so we could wake up bright and early Monday morning to head to the Magic Kingdom to view the Christmas Day parade. My wife and I got our three little girls ready bright and early Monday morning and we got to the park right at 8am. We saw cast members before entering the park holding signs with "Frozen Celebration" on them so I approached one of them and asked how we can be a part of the parade. She said that parade was going to be taped Tuesday, not Monday. :( But they were filming some teeny bopper stars in between rain showers. What a bummer. Still, we had a nice long enjoyable day at the Magic Kingdom. Can't beat that. :) Thought I'd just follow up with y'all.

mikenatcity1

I didn't realize the parade itself was filming on Tuesday- I try to plan coming in after the parade. We stumbled upon the final section being filmed before they went up to the hub...quite fun to watch it and be part of the crowd! And what a beautiful day it was too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom