This WDW commercial really frustrates me so much

Communicore

Original Poster
I shouldn't be surprised but using this footage for a WDW commercial is just not right. It's been three years and they are still airing this ad. My goodness!!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    778.6 KB · Views: 322

Amidala

I doubt the casual viewer would notice anything amiss, so it probably doesn't really matter. But I wonder how that footage even got into a WDW commercial in the first place...?

Goofyernmost

It's the same ride, just one has a roof the other doesn't. Even WDW didn't have a roof when the park first opened. I don't understand what possible difference it makes which one they show. It like being upset because you have a picture of a Mickey in DL instead of WDW. I do not understand why that is a problem. It's Mickey. In this case it's the Tea Cups, same ride, same experience. One's in the sun, one's in the shade, but unless you knew that the picture would be meaningless.

AndyS2992

It's Disneyland's Mad Tea Party.

TeacupsMadTeaParty_wb.jpg

This is WDW's:

spinning-tea-cups-mad-tea-party-fantasyland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

Obviously not a big deal, but just kind of a silly oversight–and it makes you wonder if footage from WDW and DL gets mixed up more frequently than we realize.

You can tell immediately why they use the Disneyland version over the MK one. The MK looks filthy and being undercover makes it look dark and dingy whereas the DL one is bright and clean and colourful. I know they are old photos but I imagine they still look the same.

FettFan

It's Disneyland's Mad Tea Party.

TeacupsMadTeaParty_wb.jpg

This is WDW's:

spinning-tea-cups-mad-tea-party-fantasyland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

Obviously not a big deal, but just kind of a silly oversight–and it makes you wonder if footage from WDW and DL gets mixed up more frequently than we realize.

That second picture kind of IS a big deal. Look how grimy and dirty WDW's teacups look compared to Disneyland's.
Blech. Get a pressure washer on it, stat.

Amidala

You can tell immediately why they use the Disneyland version over the MK one. The MK looks filthy and being undercover makes it look dark and dingy whereas the DL one is bright and clean and colourful. I know they are old photos but I imagine they still look the same.

I usually find that the attraction is much more brightly lit than it looks in this picture...and I've always liked the way the warmth of the lamps offsets the natural light from outside. It's also very beautiful at night IMO. But I'm with you on the dingy floors...don't remember seeing that the last time I rode this, but maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Goofyernmost

Is the commercial for Disney Parks or just for WDW Orlando?
It doesn't really matter... it's the Tea Cup ride. The same in both places. They could go to Dollywood and take a picture of theirs, it's still the same ride. If people go to DL they will find it there. If they go to WDW they will find it there. Absolutely, positively not an issue, or at least shouldn't be, for anyone. Now include a picture of the Matterhorn in a WDW commercial or of Spaceship Earth in a DL ad, then you have drifted into misleading.

Spike-in-Berlin

Well the entire HM has not a single scene, that's as scary as the "underworld" in Phantom Manor in DLP. The HM has "funny" scares, the only really scary element was removed sometime in the 90ies, the original bride in the attic. She was really creepy, a skeleton in a brides dress with a thumping red heart. Today nothing even remotely scary is in the WDW HM. So if people are watching this official planning video and expecting to see the Paris scenes and then find out on location that there are no decaying skeletons in the entire HM, they can be disappointed. But I have to admit, it is not something substantial, only a little annoying.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It doesn't really matter... it's the Tea Cup ride. The same in both places. They could go to Dollywood and take a picture of theirs, it's still the same ride. If people go to DL they will find it there. If they go to WDW they will find it there. Absolutely, positively not an issue, or at least shouldn't be, for anyone. Now include a picture of the Matterhorn in a WDW commercial or of Spaceship Earth in a DL ad, then you have drifted into misleading.
You're getting grumpy recently. Obviously it's an issue for someone even if it's not for you. And you can't go telling other people it shouldn't be.

The P&R advertising contract is notorious for mixing its parks up.

Cheer up a bit!! Rich coming from me admittedly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom