This Sucks!!! (rides closed during my visit)

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I am going to WDW on Aug. 25-Sept. 2 and I just found out that Malestrom will be closed until Oct. 19, there will be no parades or fireworks until Aug. 29, and COP will close on July, 29 until around the holidays, and Timekeeper will do the same. This stinks! 3 of my fav. attractions will be closed. :fork: :mad:

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
I am going to WDW on Aug. 25-Sept. 2 and I just found out that Malestrom will be closed until Oct. 19, there will be no parades or fireworks until Aug. 29, and COP will close on July, 29 until around the holidays, and Timekeeper will do the same. This stinks! 3 of my fav. attractions will be closed. :fork: :mad:

No parades or fireworks at the Magic Kingdom? Or is that for all of the parks?

There was one night when I was at Epcot and was raining really bad -- they didn't run the Tapestry Of Dreams parade due to inclement weather.

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I think all of the parks but I am not sure.

I mean they do this every time I go. Last time I was shocked when I found out the day before I got there Small World closed for rehab. It stinks... but what can you do?

Lance

I don't care about Maelstrom, but are you sure about CoP and Timekeeper, I can't see them closing them that early in the summer, isn't the end of July, early August busy?

That's when I'll be down....

CAPTAIN HOOK

I have to say that Disney closes some of the attractions for routine maintainence from time to time - However, planning to do so during peak season (school holidays in the UK usually end during the first 7 days of Sept) seems ridiculous. :hammer:

leeocean

I can't see Disney not having any parades or fireworks. They have the 100 years of Magic celebration going on and they made special parades for that so I don't see them not using them. I'd make sure you got correct information.

Nintendo18

They are still going to have fantasmic and illuminations as well as the tapastry of dreams, stars and motorcars, jammin jungle, and share a dream come true parades.

disneydudette

I'm going the same week u are.....it SUCKS big time....a big dissapointment for the first-timers I'm traverling with...:mad: oh well I'm not suprised...what do u expect for value season...this is really the only time they can pull stunts like this.....:rolleyes:

DVCgirl49

Go to www.waltdisneyworld.com then "Parks & More" then "Park Hours". It lists all the park hours and parade/fireworks/show times. I was just on the site and it does say that Share a Dream Come True parade, Spectromagic, Tapestry of Dreams parade, Stars & Motorcars parade, Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks, Illuminations, and Fantasmic will all be running that week. It doesn't look like there are any days that week that there are no parades or whatnot. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom