This new layout is TERRIBLE...

spectromagic04

I think it great!
yay.gif

D

dixielandings

Steve, not sure what OP doesn't like but here are my two issues: 1. I can't figure out how to quote you. I'm used to seeing the quote button next to your post (maybe it's somewhere else?) and 2. I don't care for this theme, the page looks too white now. I liked the blue color scheme and I thought it fit in very well with the site's banner/color scheme.

At the same time, this is just something new that I'm sure we'll all have to get used to :)

Thank you for all of your hard work from one tech/web guy to another!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Steve, not sure what OP doesn't like but here are my two issues: 1. I can't figure out how to quote you. I'm used to seeing the quote button next to your post (maybe it's somewhere else?) and 2. I don't care for this theme, the page looks too white now. I liked the blue color scheme and I thought it fit in very well with the site's banner/color scheme.

At the same time, this is just something new that I'm sure we'll all have to get used to :)

To quote, click the reply bottom in the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote.

To change the forum preferences see

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/how-to-choose-your-viewing-style.838972/

yeti

Exactly! I like being able to like things now. Lol. The increased speed is a major win for me. I don't know if you ever surfed the forums here on a mobile device, but the difference between the old and new forums is amazing.

Facebookies should be happy. And yes, it is notably faster.

On the topic of liking, the new "alert/notification" widget is definitely a major plus. Likewise for the much quicker responses.

You done good, Steve.

(New smilies :cool:)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Same thing happened to me. I was about to make a post complaining about it, but started to realize it's not really that bad. And I love the speed of it, so much more responsive then the old board.
It's FAST - even under heavy load. Did you try search yet? Used to take about 20 seconds to search for a word - takes between 1 and 2 seconds now. :)

nepalostparks

What were they thinking by ruining the boards like this?!

I would hope you would answer Steve's question above about what specifically you don't like with the new boards. But since your posting style is generally negative without substance, I'm not sure it would be constructive anyway.

If it truly has ruined your experience here, there's always the option of not visiting the site ;)

bubbles1812

What were they thinking by ruining the boards like this?!
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything? I think you win for most negative person on the forum. Other people get unhappy but you seem so bitter I have no idea why you're on the forum at all...and that's coming from someone who has only been on the boards a short time and I've still noticed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback. On the color scheme - the forum update was moved ahead of its scheduled release due to the old forum basically falling apart. The forum is one half of the site, and we are currently in the midst of a compete rewrite of the main site. When you see the two together, they compliment each other very well. The new forum has not been designed to fit with the old main site that is currently still in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom