This is why I go to Disney

yaksplat

Original Poster
Vinny%20Dessert%20Trails%20End%20%28Medium%29.jpg

This is my son, Vinny. Unfortunately he was born with a severe peanut and tree nut allergy. We rarely go out to dinner, and when we do, all desserts are out of the question. He always gets to see other tables getting desserts but never gets to experience it for himself. At Disney, he's safe to eat at just about any restaurant which is a treat in itself. On our trip in August we went to Trail's End in Fort Wilderness and after dinner the chef made Vinny a dessert just for him. His face lit up like no other. For the first time ever, other kids were asking if they could have what Vinny had for dessert instead of the other way around. He was able to feel special instead of being the kid that can never order dessert.

This isn't something that just happens anywhere, except Disney that is. The chef went out of his way to do this because he wanted to make a little kid happy. I wouldn't have expected it to happen, but I am so thankful that it did. We will remember that moment, not the walls up around the hub in Magic Kingdom, not some audio on some ride being perfectly synched, but that Disney magic that made him feel special.

I wish I could remember the chef's name. His actions are why we go to Disney.

DRC68

I feel your pain, Vinnie. I have a modetate-severe allergy to all nuts and it has been a real hindrance to my giant sweet tooth for most of my 46 years. At Disney, they are sooo accommodating to food allergies. That in itself is somewhat relaxing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom