This Disney commercial chafes me.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster

This commercial Disney runs irritates me to no end. I get the "fantasy" and "magic" but when they want you to book reservations 180 days out, I get irritated when this idiot family starts asking about things at the front desk like 'Dinner with a princess" and the front desk is like SURE! no problem! haha

disney4life2008

I have often wondered if you stay at a expensive resort like Grand Floridian, do they say NO to guests? Say for example if Beyonce stayed there and wanted to eat at Ohana (knowing its always booked) would they turn her down if she just happened to inquire day of?

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
I have often wondered if you stay at a expensive resort like Grand Floridian, do they say NO to guests? Say for example if Beyonce stayed there and wanted to eat at Ohana (knowing its always booked) would they turn her down if she just happened to inquire day of?
That's a good question. I'm sure they'll help them out.

DizneyPryncess

Haha, I wish our front desk staff was that magical last week at POFQ! I had a few questions, and was treated so rudely by the CM I spoke with that I had to go back later and talk to a manager instead. :(

disney4life2008

Haha, I wish our front desk staff was that magical last week at POFQ! I had a few questions, and was treated so rudely by the CM I spoke with that I had to go back later and talk to a manager instead. :(

My last stay at sports i went to the magical concierge desk to get ohana reservations for any night during my stay, i was kindly rejected lol. But i was given a choice to dine at that other ts place that i kindly turned down. So much for magical conciege lol

DizneyPryncess

My last stay at sports i went to the magical concierge desk to get ohana reservations for any night during my stay, i was kindly rejected lol. But i was given a choice to dine at that other ts place that i kindly turned down. So much for magical conciege lol

Haha, I'm glad that they at least kindly rejected you! My question was answered before I asked it with, "I don't answer questions about bounceback offers. Call the number in the book." All while tapping away on her keyboard. I guess she saw I was holding the book from the room, and attempted to guess my question. I tried to start talking, and she cut me off and said, "I just told you I don't deal with questions about bounceback offers." She wouldn't even hear me, so I just left. Guess I caught someone on a bad day! Thankfully the manager later was super nice.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Haha, I'm glad that they at least kindly rejected you! My question was answered before I asked it with, "I don't answer questions about bounceback offers. Call the number in the book." All while tapping away on her keyboard. I guess she saw I was holding the book from the room, and attempted to guess my question. I tried to start talking, and she cut me off and said, "I just told you I don't deal with questions about bounceback offers." She wouldn't even hear me, so I just left. Guess I caught someone on a bad day! Thankfully the manager later was super nice.
Wow...that was terribly rude!

WhatJaneSays

See, as someone that has worked with hotel concierge/front desk (and event planners and PAs and any number of people in the line of work that are getting something done for someone else at the last minute) that requests like "Dinner with a Princess" are often doable within reason of course.

Say this family of 4 is asking right now (10/11 at 4:50 PM) for this: they are unlikely to be able to get that “Dinner with a Princess” but they can see Mickey and Chip & Dale tonight at the Garden Grill OR the whole gang at Tusker House OR wait until lunch tomorrow to see the Princesses at Akershus OR a good concierge could book them somewhere but check again in half an hour to see if something better opened up.

At all but the most crammed meal slots of the year (Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Friday before Christmas to NYE) you can get something that’s 75%-100% of what you want. Just because something is booked solid 180 days out to 1 day out is no indication of what is available that day. To be honest, since the $10 per person no-show fee WDW put in place it’s become easier to get reservations even a few days out at tough places.

DizneyPryncess

Wow...that was terribly rude!

It really was! I was holding the room book because my 4 year old carried it out with her, haha. My question was about the length of the power outage the night before, so I could determine if the baby's food & milk needed to be tossed from the fridge. I never even asked it. Have a magical day...:confused:

pajammies

It really was! I was holding the room book because my 4 year old carried it out with her, haha. My question was about the length of the power outage the night before, so I could determine if the baby's food & milk needed to be tossed from the fridge. I never even asked it. Have a magical day...:confused:

Woah! You have some good restraint! I would not have been able to hear that and hold my tongue, maybe it's my red hair, but no way.
I would have nicely, but in a stern voice told her that that in no way has anything to do with the question I was going to ask, and then I would have proceeded to ask for a manager.

mousehockey37

Remember, these are also the same types of commercials that show characters meeting a child on a grassy area with no one else around. Ya know, like no one else is even there. Then later in the commercial, they show you shots from the fireworks where there's ample space, great viewing and NOT AN IPAD IN SIGHT!!!! :D;) or tour group for that matter!!!

DizneyPryncess

Woah! You have some good restraint! I would not have been able to hear that and hold my tongue, maybe it's my red hair, but no way.
I would have nicely, but in a stern voice told her that that in no way has anything to do with the question I was going to ask, and then I would have proceeded to ask for a manager.

I hear ya, I almost wish I'd handled it myself instead of sending hubby down! Maybe if my kiddo's weren't in tow at the time. I've never been treated rudely by a CM, and was just so shocked, I don't think I knew what to say!

alissafalco

Ewww how rude! I'm glad you spoke to a manager

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This commercial Disney runs irritates me to no end. I get the "fantasy" and "magic" but when they want you to book reservations 180 days out, I get irritated when this idiot family starts asking about things at the front desk like 'Dinner with a princess" and the front desk is like SURE! no problem! haha
Well, it really isn't as far fetched as you may think. I just checked a few minutes ago, and there are dinner reservations available tonight for both 1900 Park Fare and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. So while you won't get CRT, there are options. In the commercial, they are showing 1900 Park Fare, and it may be possible that a few reservations are available for people staying at the GF at the concierge level. All of the rest of the commercial stuff are activities that you can do no matter what - pool, monorail, fireworks, etc.

Weather_Lady

I can see why that would annoy you, OP. I just try not to take Disney advertising too seriously -- after all, they're still running TV specials showing a working Yeti! The place is so steeped in fantasy, that a little of it is bound to leak into the advertising. :)

JIMINYCR

I feel sorry for the people who buy into it and dont know any better, so their trip isnt the dream they had hoped for. Well the goal of a good advertising campaign is to grab the attention of your customer, promote the product and get them to buy. As long as they do that theyve succeeded in what they needed to do. Theres nothing that says they cant embellish the facts a little. Thats why theres the caveat... Buyer Beware.

French Quarter

Well, it really isn't as far fetched as you may think. I just checked a few minutes ago, and there are dinner reservations available tonight for both 1900 Park Fare and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. So while you won't get CRT, there are options. In the commercial, they are showing 1900 Park Fare, and it may be possible that a few reservations are available for people staying at the GF at the concierge level. All of the rest of the commercial stuff are activities that you can do no matter what - pool, monorail, fireworks, etc.

I agree. People complain constantly about the 180 thing. And yes, if you don't want to be disappointed and you know there's something specific you really want to do, be sure to book your ADRs right then. But there have been plenty of times that I have found wonderful options on the day of.

Matt_Black

See, as someone that has worked with hotel concierge/front desk (and event planners and PAs and any number of people in the line of work that are getting something done for someone else at the last minute) that requests like "Dinner with a Princess" are often doable within reason of course.

Say this family of 4 is asking right now (10/11 at 4:50 PM) for this: they are unlikely to be able to get that “Dinner with a Princess” but they can see Mickey and Chip & Dale tonight at the Garden Grill OR the whole gang at Tusker House OR wait until lunch tomorrow to see the Princesses at Akershus OR a good concierge could book them somewhere but check again in half an hour to see if something better opened up.

At all but the most crammed meal slots of the year (Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Friday before Christmas to NYE) you can get something that’s 75%-100% of what you want. Just because something is booked solid 180 days out to 1 day out is no indication of what is available that day. To be honest, since the $10 per person no-show fee WDW put in place it’s become easier to get reservations even a few days out at tough places.

Don't you bring your fancy ideas of logic, reason, flexibility, and compromise here! Can't you see there's impotent posturing and pointless rage to be had?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom