Third time's the charm?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
channel 9 fingers GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

ChuckElias

Original Poster
We got one of the Aft-facing verandah staterooms on the Dream for our next sailing. We've never done this before. I looked through the Stateroom Reviews thread and nobody has posted a review of this type of room, as far as I can tell. Anybody stayed in here? Two questions:

1) The DCL app shows the room as 299 sq ft, including the verandah. That's the same size as the "normal" Category 5 verandahs. But I thought the aft verandah was bigger than usual. Does that mean the room itself is smaller than a typical starboard balcony room?

2) We're doing a back-to-back, and all of the aft-facing verandah staterooms are classified as "guarantee" for the second leg of our B2B. Any have any idea how likely we are to keep our same stateroom for the second half of our cruise?

lostpro9het

We got one of the Aft-facing verandah staterooms on the Dream for our next sailing. We've never done this before. I looked through the Stateroom Reviews thread and nobody has posted a review of this type of room, as far as I can tell. Anybody stayed in here? Two questions:

1) The DCL app shows the room as 299 sq ft, including the verandah. That's the same size as the "normal" Category 5 verandahs. But I thought the aft verandah was bigger than usual. Does that mean the room itself is smaller than a typical starboard balcony room?

2) We're doing a back-to-back, and all of the aft-facing verandah staterooms are classified as "guarantee" for the second leg of our B2B. Any have any idea how likely we are to keep our same stateroom for the second half of our cruise?
We LOVE aft facing verandas! Got hooked on them during our 20/40 trip to the Caribbean. Here are are a few TRs from Aft facing rooms we took in over the years:

ChuckElias

Original Poster
We LOVE aft facing verandas!

One down! Great pictures of the room and verandah! Did they put rose petals on the bed for your anniversary?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Rooting for you, @ChuckElias!! Aft verandahs are the best. Which stateroom are you booked into? I've stayed in a number of 5Es and I've never noticed if the stateroom itself is smaller. Seems every bit as spacious as any "side verandah" room I've been in. Admittedly, I've stayed in aft verandahs much more frequently than port or starboard ones. And I could have been distracted by the massive verandah, which definitely feels like an extension of the stateroom.

Considering the category changes for 2022 and beyond, I've probably enjoyed my last aft verandah. :(

DCLcruiser

I thought the Aft Verandahs had a problem with hearing the engines? Also, make sure you aren't in the rooms where the flag blocks your view.

lostpro9het

I thought the Aft Verandahs had a problem with hearing the engines? Also, make sure you aren't in the rooms where the flag blocks your view.

Never heard an engine once in all our aft room stays. Yes, you may “feel” it more when you’re docking but thats about it in our experience. Also, the flags are only out when you’re in port and have never been an obstruction issue.

DCLcruiser

Never heard an engine once in all our aft room stays. Yes, you may “feel” it more when you’re docking but thats about it in our experience. Also, the flags are only out when you’re in port and have never been an obstruction issue.
Yes, that is it, the vibrations when you are trying to sleep as they pull into port.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom