Trip Report Third time’s the charm- Sorta kinda live-Now with bonus content!

We’re going back! Hey everyone it’s me, the Loco. Like many of us here in our little community, I missed out on a few Disney trips thanks to the pandemic. We originally had plans for a west coast trip back I the summer of 2020, but that clearly was a no go. We had a backup plan of visiting WDW in September, but a change of jobs for me forced us to cancel that since I wouldn’t have any available leave time(I started the new job in august). That leads us to now, trip number three, and we are a go! Our last trip was February of 2020 just before the world went bananas, but that seems like decades ago at this point!
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

So Let’s do this! I’ll get the intros and details out of the way.

Who: Those of you who have read any of my older reports know it will be me and the wife. She’s the good looking one in the picture below, which would make me the slightly inebriated one.
54D83DB0-7A70-42DE-8AE8-39E5506CF25F.jpeg

Anyone remember the throwback TR we did last year featuring Molli and Chris getting engaged?

Where:
Four nights here
ED1895B9-B756-43BF-B05B-334E7C7A08A8.jpeg

Followed by three nights here
39454182-D955-4032-A35F-46E84A034DCA.jpeg

Wait, not there. I mean the real wilderness lodge! Copper creek villas to be exact.
AA7F2DB9-78A7-4E8E-8A29-3408ECAC9D1B.jpeg

When: Approximately 48 hours from right now. Am I ready? Of course not. Being the man, I’m contractually obligated to wait until the last second to pack, and to forget something super important!
joel mchale rules GIF by ABC Network

We are excited to get back “home”, even with the restrictions and missing entertainment. I have to admit that it’s been nice not having to plan quite as much. I just made park passes and a few dining reservations and that was that. I’m in the camp that believes fast pass actually inflated wait times for most attractions, and I am not particularly sad to see it go.

We’ll be driving down since we planned this trip before vaccines were widely available and we were still a little on the fence about flying. I feel more comfortable with it now, but prices have skyrocketed, so I’ll just stick with the road trip.
Road Trip Friends GIF by Disney

Will I be putting the loco in Loco_Driver by doing the entire trip in one day? Even I don’t know the answer to that yet. Check back Friday!
Confused Gavin Free GIF by Rooster Teeth

Will I partake in mine and @Tuvalu beloved WCC burnt ends nachos, or a No Way Jose?
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Will any fellow magicians be making appearances?
Iron Man Reaction GIF

So with all that out of the way, let’s goooo!
Lets Go Start GIF

Last edited:

Loco_driver

Original Poster
What a fantastic evening! We made some new friends.
D840B194-81F7-4949-8255-749ACDF5EBD2.jpeg

09CB525C-6A74-4E03-BA28-335FFA27C2C8.jpeg

@Tuvalu is just as sweet and kind as you’d expect her to be. We really enjoyed visiting with her and Em. We sang along with the country bears, took the wildest ride in the wilderness, and had a great visit.

After saying goodbye to Tuvalu and Em we enjoyed a peaceful walk back down Main Street
CA9FE8EC-7A8D-45A4-88EC-B7907B8CF0A7.jpeg

Before completing the gauntlet with park number four!
75C31C7A-369A-404E-8629-317A26574806.jpeg

Ain’t she a beauty!

After a ride on SSE we stopped for some fish and chips in England before heading to BCV for the night.

A few room pictures for my friend @Nunu
0BC667ED-6597-4B69-96C4-9402B13945B7.jpeg

C8E1E922-66C3-4576-A2DD-F12261B94B8F.jpeg

Time to crash for the night. I’ll try and share some more from today in the morning!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
What a fantastic evening! We made some new friends.
View attachment 547316

View attachment 547317
@Tuvalu is just as sweet and kind as you’d expect her to be. We really enjoyed visiting with her and Em. We sang along with the country bears, took the wildest ride in the wilderness, and had a great visit.

After saying goodbye to Tuvalu and Em we enjoyed a peaceful walk back down Main Street
View attachment 547318

Before completing the gauntlet with park number four!
View attachment 547320
Ain’t she a beauty!

After a ride on SSE we stopped for some fish and chips in England before heading to BCV for the night.

A few room pictures for my friend @Nunu
View attachment 547322
View attachment 547323

Time to crash for the night. I’ll try and share some more from today in the morning!
Thank you, my friend! 😊

Makes me very happy to see you and A having an amazing time and meeting-up with our friend @Tuvalu at our favorite place.

Seeing you there, brings good memories of the four of us chatting and laughing together on a December evening, not too long ago. I'm still very sad we'll miss each other by just ONE(!) day this time around, but Frank and I look forward to our next meet-up, hopefully, soon!

Last edited:

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Thank you, my friend! 😊

Makes me very happy to see you and A having an amazing time and meeting-up with our friend @Tuvalu at our favorite place.

Seeing you there, brings good memories of the four of us chatting and laughing together on a December evening, not too long ago. I'm still very sad we'll miss each other by just ONE(!) day this time around, but Frank and I look forward to our next meet-up, hopefully, soon!
Oh I’m pretty sure it’ll happen sooner rather than later. I know a certain week that I’m pretty sure we’ll all be there towards the end of the year. 😃

pkkurz

Thank you, my friend! 😊

I’m jealous. I just missed getting my truvalu card last week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom