Third Party Discount Tickets in 2020

Wngo905

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Maybe @lentesta is best to address this, unless someone else knows. I was on TouringPlans (thanks by the way) a few months ago and again just now searching ticket prices. It only lists Disney prices and not third party's. So I went directly to a third party site. While I searched dates in 2020, which is the first step to make sure there is availability with the reservation system, all appears well until I go to purchase the tickets. When I go to the purchase, it asks me to reenter the dates I am going, I can't purchase anything before January 1, 2021.
In short, are Third Party tickets in 2020 no longer sold?

Club Cooloholic

Maybe @lentesta is best to address this, unless someone else knows. I was on TouringPlans (thanks by the way) a few months ago and again just now searching ticket prices. It only lists Disney prices and not third party's. So I went directly to a third party site. While I searched dates in 2020, which is the first step to make sure there is availability with the reservation system, all appears well until I go to purchase the tickets. When I go to the purchase, it asks me to reenter the dates I am going, I can't purchase anything before January 1, 2021.
Is this undercover tourist? That's the only one I would trust and 2020 was available when I was booking a month ago. That said I bought through WDW because with COVID always looking I wanted to be able to deal directly with them should any issues arise and the price difference was pretty minimal.

Wngo905

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Is this undercover tourist? That's the only one I would trust and 2020 was available when I was booking a month ago. That said I bought through WDW because with COVID always looking I wanted to be able to deal directly with them should any issues arise and the price difference was pretty minimal.
Actually yes, that was the one. It shows you can “book it” meaning the parks have opening in the reservation system, but when you proceed to order and input dates, it wont go earlier than Jan 1, 2021

Thanks to TouringPlans, i have also used a few others in the past. Never had a bad experience.

Club Cooloholic

Actually yes, that was the one. It shows you can “book it” meaning the parks have opening in the reservation system, but when you proceed to order and input dates, it wont go earlier than Jan 1, 2021

Thanks to TouringPlans, i have also used a few others in the past. Never had a bad experience.
That is weird. I would just go with Disney Direct this one time.

NelleBelle

We typically get our park tickets through my DH employer via ticketsatwork.com--never had an issue. But as mentioned above, I'd probably go with tickets directly from Disney. I know that for our trip next May, we're certainly using Disney over any discount tickets just to be on the safe side.

RememberWhen

How many days were you trying to get at UT? I’m pretty sure you can only do up to 7 for 2020 dates. More than that and it bumps your dates to 2021.

lentesta

Premium Member

I'll check Undercover Tourist, but I think most third-party sellers aren't selling 2020 tickets. Disney doesn't need to discount, because they think they can hit capacity.

nickys

Premium Member

Were you trying to buy a ticket for more than 7 days by any chance?

UT still have those showing as available but it won’t allow you buy them. Disney stopped all sales of tickets longer than a week for the rest of 2020.

You can, or could, still buy them for shorter time than that from UT though. Unless they’ve sold out I guess.

edit: I see @RememberWhen already solved it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom