Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

Disone

I think it will be grapefruit. Seems like an inconvenient spot. How are the guests getting from their cars, across the street to Disney Springs? This is not close to any of the Pedestrian Bridges. So they will use the crosswalk? If they're building another pedestrian bridge, I don't see that construction yet. Anyone know?

peter11435

I think it will be grapefruit. Seems like an inconvenient spot. How are the guests getting from their cars, across the street to Disney Springs? This is not close to any of the Pedestrian Bridges. So they will use the crosswalk? If they're building another pedestrian bridge, I don't see that construction yet. Anyone know?
I’m pretty sure they are building another pedestrian bridge

mm121

some kind of pedestrian bridge, but haven't seen any drawings of where/how it will actually be located or built.

dhslxop

Some pre-fab walls were going up this morning. Wasn't able to take a picture because I was driving, but I'll try to get by there later in the week if no one else posts anything before then.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, February 22, 2018. The first significant vertical structure appears for the third garage, across the street from the Lime Garage.

IMG_0233.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Bioreconstruct just posted this.

1519488397981.png

Work appears to be here:

1519488581809.png

tonymu

Premium Member
If you look at the Bioreconstruct photo of new garage elevator shaft you will see that the wall to the side of the elevator shaft on the the third floor has gap in the wall that would line up with were a bridge could go across the driveway to the bridge construction area on the I-4 side of BVD that lines up with the construction area across BVD and the construction clearing all the way to the corner of World of Disney across the service road that runs between World of Disney and the garage. I could see where you would walk out of the garage on the third floor across a bridge over the driveway and then turn left and walk across a bridge over BVD and then across a bridge over the service drive and come down next the World of Disney Store.

mm121

Bioreconstruct just posted this.

View attachment 266370

Work appears to be here:

View attachment 266373

Not quite where I thought it would be, i was thinking the south side of the garage which would have feed the pedestrian flow to more the central area

but this is ok and i guess the thought is that its intended as more a cast garage so this makes it a little more inaccessible/not as convenient for guests to use, though it will be a super long walk for cast to park here that work on the west side.

i'm aware, just curious where there fitting it in at

i'd put it across the south end of the lime garage keeping pedestrian flows out of the interior of the garage
View attachment 188965
however people earlier said they''d connect the two garages together pedestrian wise

mm121

Photo update as of Thursday, March 1, 2018. Five parking levels, as the other two Disney Springs garages.

View attachment 267512

View attachment 267513
Also interesting they are going pre-cast with this one versus the mainly cast in place of the previous two.
agreed, i was about to say the same thing, but maybe they can since its 2,000 spaces so can be more of a standardized design versus the larger garages

i wonder what kind of time difference we will see for construction in the difference between cast in place and pre-cast

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom