Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

Disone

Typically on a Friday or Saturday night the Lime and Orange Garages are mostly full. It only lasts a couple of hours.... Say 6 to 8 pm. DS signs will say full but there is usually some spots created by departing guests. No way the garages could handle the traffic if the street signage did not say full. I go a lot.... A lot! The third garage is needed. Last Saturday it was epic..... I heard someone say they got there at 4pm and the sighs already said full. I got there at 6 and wow! Bee lined to top of orange and it was full. Top deck does not have smart parking so after loop hopeless loops I descended to the lower decks and using the smart parking got a spot. At the time the signed IN orange levels listed 1, 3, and 5 as full and 14 spots on 4 and 27 on 2. It was pretty close to accurate and a good thing the LBV signs said full.

Disney also needs to find a way to enforce cast member / employee parking but they are parking in these garages big time. Maybe they will once the third garage is open.

Driver

Typically on a Friday or Saturday night the Lime and Orange Garages are mostly full. It only lasts a couple of hours.... Say 6 to 8 pm. DS signs will say full but there is usually some spots created by departing guests. No way the garages could handle the traffic if the street signage did not say full. I go a lot.... A lot! The third garage is needed. Last Saturday it was epic..... I heard someone say they got there at 4pm and the sighs already said full. I got there at 6 and wow! Bee lined to top of orange and it was full. Top deck does not have smart parking so after loop hopeless loops I descended to the lower decks and using the smart parking got a spot. At the time the signed IN orange levels listed 1, 3, and 5 as full and 14 spots on 4 and 27 on 2. It was pretty close to accurate and a good thing the LBV signs said full.

Disney also needs to find a way to enforce cast member / employee parking but they are parking in these garages big time. Maybe they will once the third garage is open.
Not disputing CM's parking in the garages but often times the CM lot is full and there's no other choice when your trying to park and get into work on time. Also on busy nights they have CM's directing guest to park there and Team Disney as well. It's gets full really fast. So it becomes a scramble to park and clock in. Just saying.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I'll save JT the effort... ;)

I remember when people claimed Disney would never build garages in the area.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Just because the sign says full, doesn't mean it is full. We always find a spot. Circling the garage for a bit beats circling the parking lots for an hour like a few years ago.

Slowjack

Just because the sign says full, doesn't mean it is full. We always find a spot. Circling the garage for a bit beats circling the parking lots for an hour like a few years ago.
I think the garages are an important part of the success of the Disney Springs revamp. It's not just that the garages are needed now that there are more places to go, but that, with the garages in place, more people want to go. Knowing parking won't be a huge hassle is a major plus, and I applaud Disney for greenlighting this third deck.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think the garages are an important part of the success of the Disney Springs revamp. It's not just that the garages are needed now that there are more places to go, but that, with the garages in place, more people want to go. Knowing parking won't be a huge hassle is a major plus, and I applaud Disney for greenlighting this third deck.
This^^^

I can't begin to tell you how many places I don't go to in my own city because I know parking will be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom