Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As they couldn't come up with the concept they thought was right. They already came up with Hyperion Wharf to replace Pleasure Island and then didn't go ahead with it.

I think the long wait was just because they didn't like old Pleasure Island but didn't know what to do with the space either.
The economy crashing right at about the same time did not help either.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It looks like the last bit of tree coverage is going to bite it for the new pond. :( I always liked that you could only see the Casting building from I-4. But, now it will all be totally visible.

Yep, the area labeled Pond PP1 will be the replacement pond for the one being filled in.

mm121

It looks like the last bit of tree coverage is going to bite it for the new pond. :( I always liked that you could only see the Casting building from I-4. But, now it will all be totally visible.

could be kinda cool if they'd do the wall facing i-4 as like a giant mural or something representing "the magic of disney world' as an advertisement

Yep, the area labeled Pond PP1 will be the replacement pond for the one being filled in.

i wonder how filling in the pond will affect the construction timeline, since they'lll have to make sure the ground is stable

though i would think it wouldnt affect it too super much since the support pillars probably go down to bedrock

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i wonder how filling in the pond will affect the construction timeline, since they'lll have to make sure the ground is stable

though i would think it wouldnt affect it too super much since the support pillars probably go down to bedrock
It will not really be much different time wise than clearing land.

They will drain it, remove any debris, remove or block of the storm drains, then fill it with dirt and compact it as they go.

Epcotfan21

I'm going to be eating at the Boathouse a week from today and driving from the Waldorf Bonnet Creek resort. Is there a particular garage that is best to park in? This will be our first time going to Disney Springs since the remodel and normally in the past we would always take a bus to Downtown Disney.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm going to be eating at the Boathouse a week from today and driving from the Waldorf Bonnet Creek resort. Is there a particular garage that is best to park in? This will be our first time going to Disney Springs since the remodel and normally in the past we would always take a bus to Downtown Disney.
I believe Lime will be the closest to the Boat House, but either will be fine.

Gatorboy

Definitely Lime, try to park in middle of garage, closest to cross over and pretty straight shot to Boathouse

TimeTrip

If you're coming from Bonnet Creek, I would recommend the Orange garage since it is easier to get into. There is a dedicated overpass so you don't have to make a left across BVD and deal with people confused about which lane to be in after they make the left. Just make sure you park on the far side of the garage.

Gatorboy

Orange garage if there's a choice! Lime fills up too quickly, its harder to find spots in, and it's more complicated to get out of.

Orange FTW!
I have never had a problem finding a spot in Lime and if you can follow directions, not hard to get in & out of. I never understood how people get so confused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom