Thinking about an October 2019 trip...yay or nay?

wdwfamilynh

We are in the very early stages of planning our next trip to celebrate our 15th anniversary in October 2019. BUT, with Star Wars Land scheduled to open in “late 2019” (which by some things I have read means autumn) we are thinking we should not. Any thoughts?

yensid67

With Star Wars opening in 'Autumn', that would mean the other parks are a breeze! If you are not into Star Wars, or don't want to deal with the MASSIVE crowds, I would still consider going to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot! You can always plan another trip in a year or so do Star Wars AND Toy Story Land on your next trip! By then the crowds will have thinned out and be more manageable and enjoyable for you! I have a trip planned for May 2019 for just $750(see info below in signature) There is always a TIME and REASON for a Disney Trip!

Upvote 0

graphite1326

I was going to wait a year and go 2020 when everything kind of settled down. That is what I planned with Pandora. I don't know if it has settled down that much yet though. If anyone has gone lately, what do you think? We are going the end of September.

That being said, TSL has just opened and probably will be mad busy. I have watched you tube videos and it looks more for young kids and probably won't spend much time there. That is my plan anyway.

Upvote 0

wdwfamilynh

Original Poster
It will be crowded but if you can do it, why not :)

Overly crowded is what we try to avoid.

With Star Wars opening in 'Autumn', that would mean the other parks are a breeze! If you are not into Star Wars, or don't want to deal with the MASSIVE crowds, I would still consider going to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot! You can always plan another trip in a year or so do Star Wars AND Toy Story Land on your next trip! By then the crowds will have thinned out and be more manageable and enjoyable for you! I have a trip planned for May 2019 for just $750(see info below in signature) There is always a TIME and REASON for a Disney Trip!

Thanks! We were thinking of not including DHS in the plans (without TSL and SW:GE, there's not a lot there for all three of us anyway), but not sure how packed everything else would be given the Star Wars fans.

I think MK will still be very crowded, regardless of how packed HS is

Don't forget Toy Story Land which just opened up, its a double whammy, that park will be filled to the brim like never before.

(Sigh) Isn't MK always very crowded anymore? I miss the "slow" season.

I was going to wait a year and go 2020 when everything kind of settled down. That is what I planned with Pandora. I don't know if it has settled down that much yet though. If anyone has gone lately, what do you think? We are going the end of September.

That being said, TSL has just opened and probably will be mad busy. I have watched you tube videos and it looks more for young kids and probably won't spend much time there. That is my plan anyway.

Pandora was great when we visited in November 2017. It was busy, but not horrible. TSL would probably drive me nuts anyway, but my son would probably want to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom