Things You currently Miss About Disneyland...

smooch

I miss that too. Every thread here is about the virus now.

Everything everywhere is about the virus now. I admit it's most of my conversation topic nowadays but it's kinda hard not to with literally everything shut down. Seriously, I'll play games online with friends but the virus comes up somehow or another because as of right now there is literally no escape from it it's everywhere in the media in social media and in our minds. It's truly awful.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
I am not a local, so it is very different for me. I miss that overwhelming feeling of happiness mixed with nostalgia I get when I walk through the tunnel. My eyes fill with happy tears and I know I'm going to have a good day. It sounds corny, but Disney theme parks have been my escape from some truly hard life circumstances.

It really makes me happy that I was finally able to share a bit of why with my partner last November. Last night he suggested we watch Pirates of the Caribbean because he had never seen it and I'm not really up for anything challenging. He couldn't stop going on and on about how glad he was he got to experience the ride at Disneyland before he saw the movie for the first time and how great that experience was. I'm looking forward to doing it again.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope we all get to ride Pirates again as soon as it is safe for us to do so.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I miss that too. Every thread here is about the virus now.
I was thinking to start a positive post thread, one about positive things NON Covid19 ….another about positive thoughts and ideas for how to rethink things/do things DURING Coronavirus limitations/concerns.....either way, bet it wouldn't take too long to be derailed as all topics tend to lead to that as you said....I don't know the who when why answers...but the WHAT that is Disneyparks is still a very important thing to many of us, not the most important, nor does it take the standing above family, friends, faith, etc....it makes me smile to think of all the memories I have with my family, photos and tokens around home, music from the parks, little things that make me continue to dream.....Don't feel you have to stop dreaming...….:happy:

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever. Walt Disney :cool:

Phroobar

I miss the cats.

Cat-disneyland-hotel.png

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I miss the cats.

Cat-disneyland-hotel.png
Are there really a lot? I am allergic!!! guess they are not allowed inside attractions.....lol they are not emotional support pets in CA are they??? :oops: Not that I dislike kitties but spending my day with blotchy face, bloodshot eyes, and runny nose would not fare well with my photopass experience.....:cautious: Plus anytime in next year that appearance would likely create a wide berth around myself.....:joyfull:

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
Are there really a lot? I am allergic!!! guess they are not allowed inside attractions.....lol they are not emotional support pets in CA are they??? :oops: Not that I dislike kitties but spending my day with blotchy face, bloodshot eyes, and runny nose would not fare well with my photopass experience.....:cautious:
There is a lot but you will never run across one during your trip face to face.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
I was thinking to start a positive post thread, one about positive things NON Covid19 ….another about positive thoughts and ideas for how to rethink things/do things DURING Coronavirus limitations/concerns.....either way, bet it wouldn't take too long to be derailed as all topics tend to lead to that as you said....I don't know the who when why answers...but the WHAT that is Disneyparks is still a very important thing to many of us, not the most important, nor does it take the standing above family, friends, faith, etc....it makes me smile to think of all the memories I have with my family, photos and tokens around home, music from the parks, little things that make me continue to dream.....Don't feel you have to stop dreaming...….:happy:

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever. Walt Disney :cool:
That is why I created this thread. Got sick of hearing about the virus, bad enough it has taken over my everyday life and social media, but once it took over every topic on here I had to do something about it. I wanted to make a thread full of positive vibes and stories and love for the parks. For people to share what they miss amd what the 1st thing is they plan on doing once they first arrive back. I want this thread to be something good out of this mess. Where we can all share our love of Disney. I have a dream that the day the all the sports and parks come back will look like the scene where all the heroes come back in Endgame. I sooo can't wait to see my girlfriend fall in love with Disneyland. I already know once I get off Haunted Mansion again for the 1st time in over 10 years I am gonna cry like a baby. I remember my 1st ride on it as a kid with my grandparents. I was sooo scared of the ride lol. Taking my girl on it knowing she knows nothing about the ride is going to make me emotional. I can't wait.

Phroobar

There is at least one that likes to hang out around the deck outside of Trader Sam's. If you go inside and have some rum, you will be far away from the kitties.
We use to sit outside at the Test Pilots Grill DCA. There was a cat shelter in the bushes next to the building. The cats would come out to be feed by tourists. There was a cat food bowl and water dispenser back there too. That shelter got removed when they remodeled Engineer Toys.

Figments Friend

Last night i was with a couple of friends and we were watching a episode of Uncle Walt's 'Wonderful World of Color'.

In this particular vintage episode, from 1966 if i am remembering correctly, Uncle Walt took us on a grand tour of all the brand new additions to Disneyland.
This included amazing footage of the original incarnations of various Attractions, many from the World's Fair that ended the prior year.
'Small World, 'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln', New Orleans Square, DLRR Diorama, current entertainment, X-mas Parade, and more.
It was absolutely awesome and i wanted to watch five hours of this stuff.

We are truly lucky that there were people before us who had the foresight to film all of these happenings....as they happened....at the Park back then when Uncle Walt was still around.
It was nothing short of pure joy watching that 50 minutes of pure nostalgia and true history.

That classic old tv show is still a VERY powerful marketing tool.
Half way through the presentation, i suddenly felt the desire that i wanted to return to Disneyland soon.
Uncle Walt, working his television magic...back when tv was worth watching !

:)

-

smooch

Last night i was with a couple of friends and we were watching a episode of Uncle Walt's 'Wonderful World of Color'.

In this particular vintage episode, from 1966 if i am remembering correctly, Uncle Walt took us on a grand tour of all the brand new additions to Disneyland.
This included amazing footage of the original incarnations of various Attractions, many from the World's Fair that ended the prior year.
'Small World, 'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln', New Orleans Square, DLRR Diorama, current entertainment, X-mas Parade, and more.
It was absolutely awesome and i wanted to watch five hours of this stuff.

We are truly lucky that there were people before us who had the foresight to film all of these happenings....as they happened....at the Park back then when Uncle Walt was still around.
It was nothing short of pure joy watching that 50 minutes of pure nostalgia and true history.

That classic old tv show is still a VERY powerful marketing tool.
Half way through the presentation, i suddenly felt the desire that i wanted to return to Disneyland soon.
Uncle Walt, working his television magic...back when tv was worth watching !

:)

-

Where did you watch this episode? I see fragments of episodes on YouTube and like one or two full length ones but I wish I had access to all the full episodes. Hopefully Disney+ will get them eventually.

And going back to the original thread questions, the only question I didn't answer is what I want to do when I get back to the parks. The first thing I am going to do? Try to get a boarding pass to ride Rise of the Resistance, I love Star Wars and haven't even been to Galaxy's Edge yet so I definitely plan on trying to get on Rise because I really want to see the scale they achieved with this ride from what I have heard. So I guess for my next trip that's the first thing I would do. But when I go to the parks in general, my first ride is always on Pirates of the Caribbean when I am able to persuade whoever I'm with. If I ever go on solo trips I will always start with Pirates, it is my absolute favorite ride in the entire park. When I went to WDW with my parents they basically let me run the trip because they know how much I love Disney and while they enjoy being in the parks they just enjoy doing whatever anyone else wants to do, they never have specific requests. I know the WDW ride is considered inferior but I do have to say, walking to the exterior of that ride and seeing the queue in comparison to the DLR version was really interesting. I will always prefer the DLR version, I love the idea of being in New Orleans and going into an unassuming building and suddenly you're magically transported into a bayou and caves and into a trip through time. So after I get my boarding pass, I will make my way to Pirates for the inaugural ride. After that, I usually head to Indy before the wait gets too long and it's right by Pirates, and on second and third days of the trip I will usually start with Indy (or RSR if we start the day at DCA) but whenever I can get my way I make sure Pirates is my first ride.

My girlfriend has the same tradition but with Haunted Mansion, she absolutely loves that ride, so whenever we go on another trip together we're gonna have to find a way to settle which ride we go on first. We went before, when we first started dating, in a group so neither of us got our way and I forget which ride we started with but it was neither of those two. In a separate group I went with we started and ended the trip with Space Mountain so that was pretty fun to have the photos from our first and last rides of the trip.

I got a little sidetracked I just wanted to share some more memories in this thread, maybe I'll keep popping in and posting more from time to time, I really like the chance to think back and dwell on my past trips and mentally compare them all and to see how my trips have progressed. I will say, that trip with the Space Mountain stuff was my first trip to DLR where I truly got to slow down and enjoy the little things, everyone I went with is a huge Disney Park history fan so I got to do things that my brothers never wanted to do because they weren't the thrill rides, such as riding King Arthur Carrousel and Peter Pan. Out of all the trips I've been on, that one is up among the top for the simple fact that I got to slow down and really enjoy everything I had always read about and heard about but never got the chance to enjoy.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I was supposed to go around Apr 22nd, but now that I'm jobless, and the parks are closed for the unforseeable future, I have to prioritize my thoughts / actions and unfortunately disregard DL at this time. But that being said, I do miss walking up to the gate as a monorail passes and the bells ring from an approaching train at mainstreet station. I miss the sounds and smells the most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom