Things You currently Miss About Disneyland...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
With so much scary and sad news coming out and almost every thread dedicated to the horrors of the corona virus, I thought it would be a nice change of pace to have people just talk about what they miss most about Disneyland, hell throw in DCA in there too, and share some memories about recent trips or what the first thing is you plan to do when you have your return visit.

Me? I miss my love, The Haunted Mansion. I miss the smell of the water from Pirates. I miss the Falcon Ramp that I have never seen in person only in photos and videos on the you tubes. I miss getting off my feet at the end of the day and take a nice ride on the train or It's A Small World to relax. I miss having a nice refreshing drink and watching Fantasmic. I miss seeing the fireworks as I ride Big Thunder at night. I can't wait to share these experiences and more when I am able to finally take my girlfriend on her first viist. I can't wait to watch her go in to soo many attractions blind with no spoilers. I can't wait to see her fall in love with Disneyland and discover it. What's yours?

Homemade Imagineering

Personally, I miss taking in the environments and scenery of Disneyland, such as a nighttime ride on the DLRR, or the cool air conditioning as I ride through IASW and I can hear the pneumatic hisses and clicks of the animated dolls and figures, and smell the water( same with pirates ). I also miss riding autopia at nighttime, and walking through Tomorrowland late at night, when it’s quiet and you can hear the area music and take in the bright, nightlife environment around you!

waltography

I miss the ping you get when you scan a FastPass at the ride entrance.

I miss the bit of resistance you feel in the turnstiles that kind of pushes you forward into the park when you enter.

I miss the days where I'd have a plan that my sibling and I would follow to its exact completion, along with the days where we'd wander the parks with reckless abandon and no plan at all.

I miss being blinded by the green flares in Fantasmic.

I miss the ache in my feet after a long day's work at the parks.

D.Silentu

Honestly, I think I most miss being able to talk about it, dissect the art and speculate on the future. You can't go anywhere without hearing about the virus and now that's true of this website just as anywhere else. I don't have a pass and my visits are spread out so our discourse here would sustain me in between. It also served as a way for me to unwind from the responsibilities of the day. I miss having that.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
I miss the ping you get when you scan a FastPass at the ride entrance.

I miss the bit of resistance you feel in the turnstiles that kind of pushes you forward into the park when you enter.

I miss the days where I'd have a plan that my sibling and I would follow to its exact completion, along with the days where we'd wander the parks with reckless abandon and no plan at all.

I miss being blinded by the green flares in Fantasmic.

I miss the ache in my feet after a long day's work at the parks.
Those are special feelings. Never let them go. Hold on to them with all your heart.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I miss rocking out with the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance-Off. Visiting characters. Listening to the Dapper Dans and Bootstrappers and Five & Dime. Running back and forth between the parks getting my steps in. Deciding what ridiculous food I am going to try for the first time on a given day or returning to an old favorite. I miss pin trading. But mostly I miss Cast Member smiles that brighten every visit. My weeks aren't the same without them.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I'm planning on taking my family for the first time to Disneyland. Things I'm excited for them experiencing?
  • Space Mountain
  • Finding Nemo
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Indiana Jones
  • Big Thunder
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Star Tours
  • Monsters Inc
  • Cars Land
  • Soarin'
  • Little Mermaid
  • Toy Story
I'm looking forward them to see Grand Californian. To eating so much good (and overpriced) food. For them to see the characters (my 4 year old seeing Lightning McQueen in person is going to be such an amazing moment). I can't wait for them to be jaw dropped while watching World of Color for the first time.

Fingers crossed for end of May. I've got backups planned for June and September just in case though.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
I'm planning on taking my family for the first time to Disneyland. Things I'm excited for them experiencing?
  • Space Mountain
  • Finding Nemo
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Indiana Jones
  • Big Thunder
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Star Tours
  • Monsters Inc
  • Cars Land
  • Soarin'
  • Little Mermaid
  • Toy Story
I'm looking forward them to see Grand Californian. To eating so much good (and overpriced) food. For them to see the characters (my 4 year old seeing Lightning McQueen in person is going to be such an amazing moment). I can't wait for them to be jaw dropped while watching World of Color for the first time.

Fingers crossed for end of May. I've got backups planned for June and September just in case though.
I really hope the parks open so you can take them on that trip. A life time of memories awaits. I hope you get to have those moments with them.

smooch

I miss the feeling of being in a Disney park, I miss having all my stresses and worries just melt away when I walk through the turnstiles. I miss having the fun snacks in the park and I miss walking around wondering what we want to do next. I know this is gonna be strange to some but I miss the lines, Disneyland reminds me of when me and my brothers were little and we would wait in line and all talk and hang out as a family. Things have been tense / bad in my family for a few months and I think back to the trips we all took and how much fun we had and how excited everyone was to be there. My brothers stopped liking the parks as they grew up so later trips they just were bored / annoyed to be there.

You said we could share memories of recent trips, and on my trip to WDW a year ago I met an online friend for the first time. We met on MyVMK about 6-7 years ago and have been close friends ever since and she did the DCP last spring and my dad happened to get a free trip to WDW through work while she was working there so we met up on the last day of my 3 day trip. After we had dinner at Jiko (amazing meal, honestly my favorite place we ate at the whole trip, I had a Coco-Crusted Bison which was incredible) I went to Magic Kingdom with her and it was so incredible to meet someone I've been so close to for years but have never physically been near them. We watched Happily Ever After and then went on Space Mountain, when we got there the park was closing soon and the line was long so we had a nice long line to chat in and "catch up." After the rides closed we slowly made our way back to Main Street and took a picture in front of the castle together on the way out. I miss her and that day was literally a year ago to the day. We were hoping to go to Disneyland together this summer but that's not looking like it'll work out anymore so we are trying to figure out another time we'll be able to go on a Disney trip together and actually be able to hang out for more than a couple hours around park closing.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
than
I miss the feeling of being in a Disney park, I miss having all my stresses and worries just melt away when I walk through the turnstiles. I miss having the fun snacks in the park and I miss walking around wondering what we want to do next. I know this is gonna be strange to some but I miss the lines, Disneyland reminds me of when me and my brothers were little and we would wait in line and all talk and hang out as a family. Things have been tense / bad in my family for a few months and I think back to the trips we all took and how much fun we had and how excited everyone was to be there. My brothers stopped liking the parks as they grew up so later trips they just were bored / annoyed to be there.

You said we could share memories of recent trips, and on my trip to WDW a year ago I met an online friend for the first time. We met on MyVMK about 6-7 years ago and have been close friends ever since and she did the DCP last spring and my dad happened to get a free trip to WDW through work while she was working there so we met up on the last day of my 3 day trip. After we had dinner at Jiko (amazing meal, honestly my favorite place we ate at the whole trip, I had a Coco-Crusted Bison which was incredible) I went to Magic Kingdom with her and it was so incredible to meet someone I've been so close to for years but have never physically been near them. We watched Happily Ever After and then went on Space Mountain, when we got there the park was closing soon and the line was long so we had a nice long line to chat in and "catch up." After the rides closed we slowly made our way back to Main Street and took a picture in front of the castle together on the way out. I miss her and that day was literally a year ago to the day. We were hoping to go to Disneyland together this summer but that's not looking like it'll work out anymore so we are trying to figure out another time we'll be able to go on a Disney trip together and actually be able to hang out for more than a couple hours around park closing.
Thanks for sharing the memories.

BayouShack

I miss my job

I miss my coworkers

I even miss getting screamed at by Karens

I miss the stress and excitement. It’s exhausting work... but rewarding

I miss job stability and cash

I miss the commute

I miss riding Pirates of the Caribbean at the end of my shifts

I even miss Mickey’s Mix Magic

I miss Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor

And the Rivers of America

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
W
I miss my job

I miss my coworkers

I even miss getting screamed at by Karens

I miss the stress and excitement. It’s exhausting work... but rewarding

I miss job stability and cash

I miss the commute

I miss riding Pirates of the Caribbean at the end of my shifts

I even miss Mickey’s Mix Magic

I miss Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor

What did you do at the park?

Communicora

Premium Member
I am not a local, so it is very different for me. I miss that overwhelming feeling of happiness mixed with nostalgia I get when I walk through the tunnel. My eyes fill with happy tears and I know I'm going to have a good day. It sounds corny, but Disney theme parks have been my escape from some truly hard life circumstances.

It really makes me happy that I was finally able to share a bit of why with my partner last November. Last night he suggested we watch Pirates of the Caribbean because he had never seen it and I'm not really up for anything challenging. He couldn't stop going on and on about how glad he was he got to experience the ride at Disneyland before he saw the movie for the first time and how great that experience was. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Honestly, I think I most miss being able to talk about it, dissect the art and speculate on the future. You can't go anywhere without hearing about the virus and now that's true of this website just as anywhere else. I don't have a pass and my visits are spread out so our discourse here would sustain me in between. It also served as a way for me to unwind from the responsibilities of the day. I miss having that.

I miss that too. Every thread here is about the virus now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom