Things to discuss with a large group the week before departure

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Next week I am heading to WDW for my bachelor party. I am well knowledged when it comes to traveling Disney World but I never did it with a big group. I feel like I am well prepared but I want to know if anyone had any other advice or things I should discuss with my party members before we leave. I'm having a meeting on Sunday with my group (8 of us) to talk about some last minute things. Here are some things I will discuss:

Magical Express upon arrival
Arrival and Departures plans
Grocery list
Make sure everyone has Lyft and Uber on their phones
Download My Disney Experience app
What to wear/bring (sunscreen, sunglasses, advil etc)
General information of plans for the trip.

This is a basic information that I will go over. Is there anything else I should discuss with my group before leaving? If you want more info on my trip, you can check out my pre-trip report.

CaptainAmerica

Make sure everyone is open about finances. It makes people uncomfortable but it's hard to plan for a group if people aren't up front about what they're willing to spend.

I'd also introduce the idea of splitting the group up if people want to do different things. If two people want to go back to the room to swim, go for it.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Make sure everyone is open about finances. It makes people uncomfortable but it's hard to plan for a group if people aren't up front about what they're willing to spend.

I'd also introduce the idea of splitting the group up if people want to do different things. If two people want to go back to the room to swim, go for it.

I will definitely go over finances and make sure people know the cost of things. For the most part, they know already but I will reiterate. As much as I want the group to stay together, I know they others may not want to do a particular ride or something. Thanks!

Will you be using FP+ at all? Does everyone understand FP+?

I am using FP+ and I dont think everyone will understand but I will for sure go over it with them.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So you haven't created/linked/shared all of your MDE accounts at this point? Are you just going to wing it?

Nothing wrong with that, some of my best trips are done that way.

I have created and linked everything but I didn't know I can share. Each member has their own profile so am I able to share the reservation which they can access through app? This is my first time using FP+ on MDE.

Upvote 0

Kate Alan

Agree with @CaptainAmerica - discussing finances and the possibility of splitting up and regrouping later at a set location (either a meal time or FP) can make a huge difference with large groups.

I think you've got a pretty comprehensive list there. Make sure they understand just how much walking, etc. they should anticipate. Some people have a very set idea of what a vacation or trip is (e.g. sleeping in, lots of pool time) and it may not align with the expectations of everyone else, especially in WDW, so just make sure that people are on the same page if you haven't already.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Please go over magic bands and the fact that if someone links their credit card to the room for charges that anyone who is booked in that room and uses their magic band to pay it will charge the card linked to the room.

Upvote 0

cupcake__

I have created and linked everything but I didn't know I can share. Each member has their own profile so am I able to share the reservation which they can access through app? This is my first time using FP+ on MDE.
You share by making the others in your group your friends. Since everyone has their own MDE account you can invite each person to be your friend. All you need is the email address they used to set up their account. Once they accept, everyone will be able to see the entire itinerary for the group, as well as any individual plans one or more of the group members may have made. This also allows everyone to plan for one another and to share photo pass.

I also agree with the idea of making it clear that it's okay to split up. On group trips this is essential under certain circumstances. Everyone will have a better time if each person knows it's okay to go off in a different direction or to stay at the hotel for a while if they need some personal time. I would also be clear about any parts of the itinerary that are especially important to you. For example, if you have a set time on certain days of when you want to leave the hotel, make it clear that if someone decides to not get out of bed in the morning you're sticking to plan anyway and will meet up later. In general, be clear about what you expect from your friends and about what's most important to you. Don't make everyone guess. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Rob562

Please go over magic bands and the fact that if someone links their credit card to the room for charges that anyone who is booked in that room and uses their magic band to pay it will charge the card linked to the room.

Each person can set up their own charge account when staying at a Disney resort. I suggest *not* filling in any of the room charge information if doing online checkin and then dealing with it once you arrive. Each person will set their own PIN, and then you can give the CM a credit card for each person. It only takes a couple minutes per person.

As for MDE accounts, I *highly* suggest each person create their own MDE account and then the OP can friend-request them using their email address. Otherwise, if their tickets are linked to their accounts and hotel reservation and MagicBands are linked to the OP's "managed by you" versions of them, there *will* be issues in trying to get everything to work properly...

-Rob

Upvote 0

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Each person can set up their own charge account when staying at a Disney resort. I suggest *not* filling in any of the room charge information if doing online checkin and then dealing with it once you arrive. Each person will set their own PIN, and then you can give the CM a credit card for each person. It only takes a couple minutes per person.

As for MDE accounts, I *highly* suggest each person create their own MDE account and then the OP can friend-request them using their email address. Otherwise, if their tickets are linked to their accounts and hotel reservation and MagicBands are linked to the OP's "managed by you" versions of them, there *will* be issues in trying to get everything to work properly...

-Rob

Thanks Rob. I think I might just make everything managed by me. Most of the guys going are inexperienced when it comes to Disney. I don't want to create confusion between the group. I also won't put a credit card on my account so I won't have to worry about others using it. We will most likely be using Venmo to help each other when it comes to paying for stuff.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

-Rob

Hey Rob! Again, thanks for al the great advice. I spoke with my guys at the meeting and most of them would like to have their credit card on their Magic Band. I am setting them up with MDE accounts and having them add a CC. When we get to the resort, I'll have each of them speak with the front desk like you said. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom